The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   AC/Heater Fan Switch Problem (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=766423)

JackB 06-27-2018 03:22 PM

AC/Heater Fan Switch Problem

1 Attachment(s)
Just finishing up the wiring on my 71 Blazer restore and I've run across a problem that has me baffled. Basically everything works properly except the fan switch works backwards High speed on bottom where it should be off then one click up medium speed then low and finally of at the top where it should be on high it turns off. I have two AC harnesses and the wiring to the plug is the same on both so that doesnt seem to be the problem, Switch is new is there any chance its internally backwards somehow? Switch only mounts one way otherwise I'd just flip it over. I dont know if it matters but I do have the anti dieseling relay and it seems to work as well, fan and compressor stay on for a few seconds when the key is turned off. I guess one solution would be to change to wiring in the connector but that doesnt seem like the right solution. Ideas?

dmjlambert 06-27-2018 09:13 PM

Re: AC/Heater Fan Switch Problem

The switch should be pushed all the way up for off, and the bottom position is high.

JackB 06-27-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmjlambert (Post 8290120)
The switch should be pushed all the way up for off, and the bottom position is high.

lol...Well color me stupid, When I put my glasses on it says HI on the bottom not OFF like I thought. Thanks for pointing that out before I started tearing things apart..

dmjlambert 06-27-2018 10:03 PM

:)

jcondo 12-14-2018 12:42 AM

What is the part number for that switch? All I can find are the flat style connection ones.

Andy4639 12-14-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB (Post 8289911)
Just finishing up the wiring on my 71 Blazer restore and I've run across a problem that has me baffled. Basically everything works properly except the fan switch works backwards High speed on bottom where it should be off then one click up medium speed then low and finally of at the top where it should be on high it turns off. I have two AC harnesses and the wiring to the plug is the same on both so that doesnt seem to be the problem, Switch is new is there any chance its internally backwards somehow? Switch only mounts one way otherwise I'd just flip it over. I dont know if it matters but I do have the anti dieseling relay and it seems to work as well, fan and compressor stay on for a few seconds when the key is turned off. I guess one solution would be to change to wiring in the connector but that doesnt seem like the right solution. Ideas?

I had started reading your post and was thinking huh! That's one of those oh yea moments. :lol::lol::lol: