The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Chrome Steelie or Reverse? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624528)

eightbanger 04-10-2014 03:39 PM

Chrome Steelie or Reverse?

I understand what a Chrome Reverse Wheel is, and that it is not to be confused with a Smoothie.

But what, if any, is the difference between a Chrome Reverse Wheel and a Chrome Steelie?

I've had a little search on here and on Google, but no real definitive answer to my question...

special-K 04-11-2014 10:44 PM

Re: Chrome Steelie or Reverse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightbanger (Post 6622659)
I understand what a Chrome Reverse Wheel is, and that it is not to be confused with a Smoothie.

But what, if any, is the difference between a Chrome Reverse Wheel and a Chrome Steelie?

I've had a little search on here and on Google, but no real definitive answer to my question...

A chrome reverse is a chrome steelie but a chrome steelie isn't necessarily a chrome reverse. A chrome reverse is a deep dish chrome steelie and a chrome stealie is a chrome wheel in any width or offset. Reverse refers to the offset being less or moreso the face side being deeper

eightbanger 04-12-2014 11:51 AM

Thank you Tim, now I get it.
I wonder how my truck would look with some deep dish Chrome Reverse Wheels?
Could be the way to go..;)

special-K 04-12-2014 08:21 PM

I always liked them back in the day,then got away from chrome due to rust issues. But with the years passing and my '67 going to be a pleasure vehicle not driven in winter,parked inside,and generally only driven in good weather I want some. I have 8" steelies I had powder coated red in '05 to run wheelcovers and narrow white walls on a '72 short bed I had. I sold that truck to build this '67 that is going nowhere. Anyway,this truck is going another direction running dog dish hubcaps and everything is planned round the red wheels. I came to realize if I got chrome wheels I could go with any color scheme. The '65 Pontiac hubcaps I have would look great with the rim mirroring the alternate chrome/black ribs. The open look is great,too. I'm sure your truck would look hot with them

eightbanger 04-13-2014 10:20 AM

Food for thought on the rusting issue Tim, especially over here with the amount of rain we get :lol: Maybe Black powder coated steelies with trim rings and chrome caps. There's probably no such thing as Black Reverse Wheels :lol:

special-K 04-15-2014 11:20 PM

:lol: I figure chrome is not a concern if it's only driven occasionally. I have red reverse now :cool: