The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   $$ EXPENSIVE 15min. + QUESTION? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=504142)

RustyBucket 01-18-2012 12:09 PM

$$ EXPENSIVE 15min. + QUESTION?

I spent most of yesterday afternoon replacing the grille/bumper on my scroungy '72 Jimmy. New bumper, good used grille. Air ratchet slipped out of my hand, biffed me in the mouth and poked an upper tooth through my lower lip. No broken teeth, didn't need stitches. Bumper's STILL crooked. Tired and aggrivated I let the lift down, cleaned my hands and had to move the Blazer forward so I could close the shop door. I forgot I'd moved the Jimmy rearward on the lift and bumped the Blazer into the back of it.:mad: '72 Blazer has a '69-'70 aftermarket grille with a billet insert. Bent the center bar and skinned up the bumper where the Jimmy's hitch poked it. I need to change/replace the grille and bumper. Who's happy with quality and price from the suppliers that advertise on this site? I'm trying to decide if maybe I'd like a '72 grille and bumper in the '72 Blazer. I haven't gone to the shop today to look at the mess I made. Suggestions on grille/bumper vendor please.

lil hoodlum 01-18-2012 06:50 PM

Re: $$ EXPENSIVE 15min. + QUESTION?

Sorry to hear about your crummy day. I can't help you about your questions. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I guess it's probably a good thing you didn't have any sticks of dynamite. You might have been tempted to "wipe" the slate clean. :m6:

Keith

flashed 01-18-2012 10:39 PM

I bought a new outer and inner grill for my 72 from AMD and they look very nice but they are not installed yet as my truck is still in pieces in the bodyshop. My original outer and inner grill is still in very nice condition ,just needs to have the clear coat removed and polished as it has no dings or dents. But comparing them side by side the new one looks like it should fit good .Hope this helps .

RustyBucket 01-19-2012 12:04 AM

I took a good look at it today and the billet inserts aren't damaged. The bumper's chrome is scratched but the bumper isn't dented.. I think I can live with the scratches for awhile. I ordered a '69-'70 grille shell from TOP BANANA in Va. today and might have it by Friday. $270+ shipping. Nice guy on the phone, I'm anxious to see how it looks.

70cst 01-19-2012 01:04 AM

Sorry to hear of your Air ratchet attack. Here is a bump.

sanford66 01-19-2012 03:52 AM

Sorry for your bad day, i've had a few myself. In my younger days i probly would have knocked out the windshield with a ball-peen hammer! Luckily i have calmed down a little. Sometimes you just have to walk away and come back to it later. Joseph

RustyBucket 01-21-2012 10:17 AM

I thought it'd be nice to give TOP BANANA a plug.. I ordered the grille on Wed. afternoon after 1:00pm and UPS delivered it to me around 2:00pm Friday. Pretty good service from Va. to central Fl. Don't know if it was drop shipped, shows their address in Va. as origin. Nice part, nicely packaged AND $80 cheaper than some other suppliers. It's the repro one with no "CHEVROLET" logo. Probably all stamped in the same place in Asia.