The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nice score at a local tow yard today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=792262)

rechinca 08-22-2019 07:37 PM

Nice score at a local tow yard today!

2 Attachment(s)
A local tow company that is now defunct had a 69 C10 and I believe a 71 C20 sitting in a storage lot for years. I knew about them for the last 8-9 years and now that I have one I had been trying to get a hold of the partners to see about parts. To be honest they were pretty shabby, one had no engine/trans and the other was a 6cyl 3 OTT with PS. I could only get to the front and back of the C20 but scored some good parts today for $50. He is going to pull the trucks out into open space next week so I can see what I can harvest. The C20 has the booster/MC/booster bracket/brace intact on it and I have already agreed to buy it. But here is what I picked up.

rechinca 08-22-2019 07:39 PM

Re: Nice score at a local tow yard today!

3 Attachment(s)
Couple more pics.

rsavage 08-22-2019 08:05 PM

Nice score for $50

Warrens69GMC 08-22-2019 08:13 PM

The six cylinder PS setup will go fast on the parts board

rechinca 08-22-2019 10:50 PM

Warren that’s the one item I want to make sure to snag if I can. I know guys are always looking for the right brackets and pulleys so I plan on grabbing the complete setup if I can.

bill3rail 08-25-2019 08:40 PM

Grab everything if you have the space!

We always need parts around here.

Bill

rechinca 08-25-2019 10:06 PM

Bill I will grab everything I can get from the trucks. Eventually someone will need them. Lots of guys have helped me with parts here and I try to buy only from board members if I can. It kills me to see them get crushed when there are salvageable parts guys do, or will, need. PS brackets, alternator brackets any item he will let me scavenge I will and then pass it along. If I had the space I’d just buy the two trucks outright for parts and then strip them down. One even has a decent non AC cab that looks good from what I could see. No mats or carpet so I could see most of the firewall and floor/kickpanel area. I will definitely let you know guys when I have good info to share!

57taskforce 08-25-2019 11:07 PM

If that gate is straight and no rust you probably quadrupled your initial investment. Good OE tail gates are getting pretty hard to find in most places. Nice score!

May70 08-26-2019 11:20 AM

No yard around me takes older than 88ish..... Only some private guys have a stockpile of stuff thats been sitting a LONG time. Went to one and there was not much left from drastic rust, kinda wondering why he advertised it.

Wish there was more here. Nice finds

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-26-2019 11:31 PM

AWESOME score. That fender looks excellent, and tailgate looks clean from here.

rechinca 08-27-2019 06:18 PM

71 that inner fender is really good. A small dent in the top but for my truck I’ll just pound it out carefully and call her good! I was shocked at how good the tailgate was. Unfortunately the nubs for the upper trim clips were ground off, but if that mean I go without trim, seems like I can make do. It really is as clean, functional and rust free as that pic looks! I even got the support arms and the upper/lower hardware and almost perfect rubber stops.

72LB 08-27-2019 07:02 PM

Wow great score, wish I could find a Tgate for that much.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-27-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rechinca (Post 8583288)
71 that inner fender is really good. A small dent in the top but for my truck I’ll just pound it out carefully and call her good! I was shocked at how good the tailgate was. Unfortunately the nubs for the upper trim clips were ground off, but if that mean I go without trim, seems like I can make do. It really is as clean, functional and rust free as that pic looks! I even got the support arms and the upper/lower hardware and almost perfect rubber stops.

You can probably get some trim clips, for instance Mar-K.