The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tilly to the rescue (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=553769)

clemdaddy 06-02-2013 08:02 PM

Re: tilly to the rescue

4 Attachment(s)
the right rear corner needed to be replaced. no way to fix the crummy job that was done before. so it was cut off, fitted, braced and spotted in. should be able to finish up the welding this week and hopefully get the rocker on. that will be huge and as far as i can tell, thats all the major work on the cab...

clemdaddy 06-02-2013 08:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
one last thing to report this month... found a couple of parts trucks in my favorite salvage yard. one is a 66 lwb bbw custom with most of the original parts and a 65 gmc swb bbw x-hotrod truck. both have seen to much of the great outdoors and show rust in all the usual places... but hey, parts is parts. will post pics of the 2 trucks when i get them. also stumbled on a mid-70s 454 LS6 with low miles and a super t-10 to go with it, starting to think about a bigblock truck....hmmm
pics are the hood and grill from the salvage yard that i got for the utility truck and the new LS6

Jmorales3181 06-03-2013 07:03 AM

Nice and clean work man, cuts look perfect! And nice score on the new goodies:chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

Ta2Don 06-03-2013 08:31 AM

Awesome work on that cab corner... Gotta agree with JMo, nice score.... Keep Rockin'
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinos63 06-03-2013 11:51 AM

whoa!! nice start on the cab corner and some killer finds

Bomp 06-03-2013 12:32 PM

Nice work on the cab corner. Crazy sheet metal skillz

Low Elco 06-03-2013 12:59 PM

Nice score! Cab work looks great!

clemdaddy 06-04-2013 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks guys, i really appreciate it. as soon as the cab is buttoned up and doors hung the utility truck is going to take a nap. probably through the summer so i can work on painting the vette and also get started on a static lowered 64 truck that has my interest.

i will keep working on the graphics for the utility from time to time but most of the shops focus will be spent on other stuff.

below is a sketch showing the companies logo as it was originally designed except for flipping the colors to work on a black door. any comments are always appreciated... later-on dudes.

Bomp 06-04-2013 11:23 AM

Droppin' the '64 in the weeeeds. Cool
It will be sad to see the utility truck put on hold but if you promise to post some pics of the vette I won't gripe too much.
Will there be any pin striping on the door logo?

clemdaddy 06-04-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6106813)
Droppin' the '64 in the weeeeds. Cool
It will be sad to see the utility truck put on hold but if you promise to post some pics of the vette I won't gripe too much.
Will there be any pin striping on the door logo?

vette pics, you got it buddy. and definite on the pin striping, it is a harley shop and there has to be striping... tastefully gawdy of course...:lol:

McMurphy 06-04-2013 08:58 PM

Very nice on the graphics.
I think I like this one better than the other, more in keeping with the target era.
"tastefully gaudy" I like that :metal:

Modges'66 06-04-2013 09:41 PM

You are killing me man!!!
What F-ing salvage yard do you go to anyway???
I would have loved to have found myself a donor for a BBW conversion, but no luck.
And as far as the LS-6, who has one of these laying around now-a-days?
My 1st car was a '70 LS-6 Chevelle...Do you have any idea what kind of damage, or trouble that a 16 year-old can get into with a combo like that?
I do have to say that "insane-fun" doesn't even start to describe it!!!
Make sure to post plenty of progress pics on the '64 vette...I think that the vette is the car that the LS-6 should go into, and just crate the numbers-match motor for future reference...It was soooooo much fun! LOL!

chad64chevy 06-09-2013 07:48 PM

clems, nice updates and great progress! we will all be waiting and watching for the updates

clemdaddy 07-24-2013 08:36 AM

been reading about pic posting problems... and though i've been real busy with projects i wanted to do a test to see if my mac would be effected by the changes.

going to post an older frame pic... if you don't see it, then the test was no-good and i'll have to figure out what to do. if you see the pic, then... woohoo, we're good for now.

never mind... didn't work, couldn't even post the photo. all my stuff is way big and i'm real slow on the learning curve here... but we'll see what happens.

for now, back to the shop----------- we're watching just not posting.

Bomp 07-24-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6187743)
been reading about pic posting problems... and though i've been real busy with projects i wanted to do a test to see if my mac would be effected by the changes.

going to post an older frame pic... if you don't see it, then the test was no-good and i'll have to figure out what to do. if you see the pic, then... woohoo, we're good for now.

never mind... didn't work, couldn't even post the photo. all my stuff is way big and i'm real slow on the learning curve here... but we'll see what happens.

for now, back to the shop----------- we're watching just not posting.

Checkin' on you from time to time. Sorry the pic deal is on the fritz but glad your sluggin' away in the shop.
Gonna need pics sometime soon.
I use a pic host site to fling my pics on the forum.

Jmorales3181 07-25-2013 10:14 AM

That's funny I was just thinking the other day I have t seen u post in a while. Can't wait to see the updates:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

clemdaddy 08-01-2013 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
photo reducing test... really grainy and too small for any detail to show.
went down to 440x320 before it would load. "ratz"

Jmorales3181 08-01-2013 12:41 PM

Worked enough to see all the chevy cabs....cool shot!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ta2Don 08-01-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6199847)
photo reducing test... really grainy and too small for any detail to show.
went down to 440x320 before it would load. "ratz"

Feeling your Pain Clem... Just resized a pic off my phone and had to do it twice to get past the file size restrictions...:banghead::banghead:

Cabs Galore... Trying to find excuse and time to head that way...
Posted via Mobile Device

coulter 08-01-2013 02:05 PM

killer work on that cab repair man!!! i would be scared to attempt that!! hahahaha

nice score on the ls6 to. i wanna see more bigblock trucks :metal::metal::metal::metal:

markeb01 08-01-2013 02:18 PM

That cab repair is mind boggling. Light years beyond my abilities. Very impressive!

Dinos63 08-01-2013 02:20 PM

NICE WORK! at least you got it to work I am still struggling:lol:

MisterC 08-01-2013 07:09 PM

Damn! That must be where all the old trucks go to die :lol:

Bomp 08-02-2013 01:23 AM

Pic may be a bit grainy but Im in ahhh.
Your flingin' your mad skillz all over them cabs.
You Rock Clem:metal:

One thing I must insist on is that you make more than one post a month.
Take an afternoon, grab the camera and go a little Nuttz,.,.....
Totally dig your station and magic you do on the trucks.

clemdaddy 08-20-2013 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
we had a pre-hamb drags party and a bunch of buddies came up from austin with their hotrods.
the drags were faster than ever this year with some diggers and altereds in the 7's. a couple of my buddies turned some good times also but after 3 days of hanging out, i was beatup and glad to get back to normal...
new stuff about the utility project soon as i get used to the photo shrinking.