The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   SANFORD build thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=522019)

aggie91 09-09-2020 08:57 AM

Re: SANFORD build thread

Just an FYI,

I run a 215/70R-15 BFG TA Radial on the front of my '84C10. Not issues at all with the weight and have been running this tire for close to 2 years as a daily driver. It is about 26.8" tall.

By the way, I really dig the big and littles on your truck.

mcnally351 10-21-2020 10:11 PM

Unbelievable build. Great work

SCOTI 10-21-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 8805353)
Just an FYI,

I run a 215/70R-15 BFG TA Radial on the front of my '84C10. Not issues at all with the weight and have been running this tire for close to 2 years as a daily driver. It is about 26.8" tall.

By the way, I really dig the big and littles on your truck.

x2.

215/70's would do fine carrying a 1/2 ton truck w/a sbc combo.

jhrusk 07-05-2022 12:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thought I’d give an update. It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted. I still frequent the board. It’s hard to believe 5 years have almost past. I’ve had a few growing pains along the way but the truck is doing really well now. I ended up having issues with the sniper efi so after being stranded with it and the fitech I don’t think I would go that route again. Maybe port injection but idk. I now have an edelbrock AVS on it and have not had anymore issues, we now have 7500 miles on it. Recently done a few legs of the power tour, 1024 miles in 3 days with no issues, a/c worked great and no overheating. It was a great time and hope to do it again next year. Got a couple small paint issues but hopefully will be fixing those soon. It’s been painted now for almost 7 years so overall no complaints.

The Rocknrod 07-05-2022 12:35 PM

Looks great, glad the fuel system got worked out in your favor.

cwcarpenter98 07-05-2022 05:53 PM

Great to see some miles getting put on the truck. It looks great by the beach!

jhrusk 07-06-2022 09:29 AM

Thanks guys

jhrusk 10-18-2023 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I thought I’d give an update on “Sanford” for those that are familiar with the truck. This pick is on our way home from the PF rod run this past sept. We have had a blast with this truck, met some incredible life long friends because of it. We drove it to the triple crown show the week prior and got a magazine shoot with it. There was one gentleman that was really interested in this truck from when we first finished it and the time came for it to have a new home. I am going to miss it but I have a 1964 c10 that was my first vehicle my grandfather gave me so I am going to build it in the future. We have done 2 power tours and ended up putting 12k miles on it since completed. I learned a ton of stuff from people on here and am forever thankful.

SCOTI 10-18-2023 02:26 PM

I was sent several images of your truck from the Triple Crown show from buddies that have been watching my '64 come together. I told them I knew the exact truck as I followed the build here.

Sad to hear you're letting it go but I understand that how it is sometimes.

Also..... Sucks that both aftermarket EFI/TBI set-ups didn't pan out. I think they (the basic TBI set-ups w/the ECU as part of the TB) just don't have enough sensor input/feedback to cover the possible scenarios encountered. I've been eyeing port injected options w/the ProFlo-4 as the best choice but I feel even it might be a similar result & would need to step-up to a higher end Holley (Terminator Stealth/HP/Dominator ECU) w/tuning from someone that has experience on dialing stuff in w/real world road knowledgeability.

jhrusk 10-19-2023 10:59 AM

Yes SCOTI I hate the FI didn’t work out. I may go with port style on the next build but not sure.

mrhotrod69 02-13-2024 11:39 PM

I sent you a message. Any chance you could give me a call. I got a couple questions I’d like to ask you. Thanks