The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Rockauto.com (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=488376)

krazy_texan 10-10-2011 04:58 PM

Rockauto.com

I was just curios if anyone here has dealt with this website. It seems to me that they have an extensive inventory and if you are not in a major hurry to get the parts and can afford to wait a few days for your parts than it definatly beats dealing with the annoying know it alls at the parts stores. So lets hear some input i am thinking of ordering some parts for my lincoln from here. Oh and did i mention they appear to be a little cheaper than most parts stores.

chevyboy55 10-10-2011 06:20 PM

Re: Rockauto.com

A guy I work with has a repair shop on the side & orders from them all the time. He said he has never had a problem with them & usually buys from them rather than the local parts store.

cableguy0 10-10-2011 08:51 PM

Good prices and dealer parts in a lot of cases.Good service too

BMERDOC 10-10-2011 09:28 PM

I have ordered from them with good results. The only caveat is that if you order a short list pay attention to shipping. Not all inventory is in one warehouse and shipping is billed seperately which can keep it from being adventageous.

usmcchevy 10-10-2011 09:32 PM

Rockauto has been awesome in my experience. I received some damaged parts from them once, they had new parts at my door the next day:metal: You do need to watch the shipping though, they ship from multiple places sometimes.

krazy_texan 10-11-2011 09:04 AM

I did notice the multiple shipping locations but i did notice parts for my lincoln mark viii where signifcantly cheaper than the parts stores. So i guess i know where i am getting my parts from then. Thanks guys

coop34 11-10-2011 02:04 PM

Rockauto has great prices, but beware of the closeout items and shipping charges on your returns. I had a very bad experience with some really old parts that they wouldn't pay return shipping on, and some pretty crappy customer service. This is just one person's experience, but thought I'd share.

Chris4x4Gill2 11-10-2011 02:44 PM

I've ordered from them many times - never had an issue.

I actually placed an order earlier today.

vectorit 11-10-2011 02:45 PM

I order parts from them, and have been very happy with doing so.

The website reminds me of Amazon.com for automotive parts, because they source them from all over the place and sell them to you. Parts I have received came from different places, so you get charged different rates on where they come from.

coop34 11-10-2011 03:43 PM

Yes, I've heard lots of great things about them. My experience was probably just an isolated incident.

rpmerf 11-10-2011 04:46 PM

I'm almost surprised this site doesn't have some sort of vendor deal setup. Another one of the forums I am on does and rockauto offers a discount to any member of that site.

LEEVON 11-14-2011 12:24 AM

I've had good luck for a few years with them, if I have the time to wait I order there. One thing that I like is the selection...for example they have maybe two dozen kinds of windshield wipers for my 2008 silverado ranging from $3/each and up. O'Reilly's has a couple of sets, the cheapest being $22/ea...which I NEEDED last week and got to pay $50 for a set of wipers. I'm going to stock up on $3 ones now. :uhmk:

67ChevyRedneck 11-14-2011 09:00 AM

I bought a new radiator for my S10 from them, saved me about $40 over getting it from the local places (same exact part numbers) and it arrived only 2 days after I ordered it.

Chris4x4Gill2 11-14-2011 09:27 AM

They offer 5% off pretty much all the time if you can find the discount code. I google "Rockauto.com Discount Code" and have never had a problem finding one that works.

COBALT 11-14-2011 01:02 PM

Bought a complete front-end rebuild kit from them (that I put together myself) recently for a '99 2wd tahoe and I got everything I ordered w/o any problems.

So far so good, but I haven't done the core return on the steering box yet. That'll define if they've got good service or not.

BarryB 11-14-2011 07:48 PM

I've also ordered from them, because of the ease of being able to flip thru their website to find the parts I needed. Especially when its a part I don't know the exact description. Never had any problems so far.

mbgmike 11-15-2011 11:56 AM

they actually do not stock a lot of stuff. quite a bit is drop shipped from mfg. or big warehouse distributors. same thing as we do. that is to speed up shipping. I use them at times but we can usually beat them on prices But we don't push the standard parts on the web much. Some parts they do not carry

As far as knowledge? Well a goodparts man is better then buying online.

swissarmychainsaw 12-30-2014 03:52 PM

I used to use rock auto for all my parts. For the specials you might be ok, but I have found that after the shipping they charge you, their prices are identical to Amazon prime, and you get them WAY faster.

I have also had poor experience with the Rock Auto customer service.
YMMV. Used to be a fan, not any more.