The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Introduction and 2wd Blazer in progress (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=560385)

Low Elco 12-03-2013 02:06 PM

Re: Introduction and 2wd Blazer in progress

How's it comin' out there? Hittin' it good, now that it's cool?

gclark1 12-03-2013 08:38 PM

I am not really hitting it hard, but am consistent. It seems like I spend one weekend cleaning and painting parts to install the following weekend. I did get the taillights in and the wiring done and cleaned up for that part of the truck. I did some other misc things inside the gate like lining it up, installing the catches and latches and inside handle. Took the rear bumper out of the packaging, but did not get it on quite yet. In another couple of weeks, I will put out some more pictures. Not much to show at this point though.

Thanks for your interest!

gclark1 12-16-2013 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got most of the stuff done that I wanted to the last couple of weekends. Tailgate regulator, glass, felts, bumper, band, taillights, wiring...

I am pretty sure I am headed to the dash next with the wiring and all the instruments and such. Nothing fancy - just clean and stock looking is the theme.

DrppdBlazr 12-17-2013 12:15 AM

Love the plate :)

gclark1 12-17-2013 12:22 AM

Thanks man. I had that back in high school and college on my 79 that I drove daily. It is taken now, or the DMV does not agree with what else it could mean so I cannot get it again. Still had a new plate from back in the day so I figured I would stir up some old memories.

lowrodderchev 01-24-2014 11:14 AM

Any updates on this sweet ride?

gclark1 01-24-2014 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lowrodderchev - thanks for caring!

With Christmas and New Years and a lot of vacation time, I did very little on it over the last 5 weeks.

However, this past weekend, I did get the column hung and get all of the interior stuff (ac control, radio, cluster...) bolted in that I wanted to prior to the motor and trans going in. I want the wires and such to be accessible so that if something does not work, it will be easy to get to.

At this point of the build, as many warned me it would be, I spend so much time and accomplish very little that you can actually see.

I did decide to paint the core support and top of the radiator all body color and will be doing that this weekend. I picked up my 700 transmission from the shop that built it and need to get it all painted up too, but not installed yet.

68Timber 01-24-2014 09:42 PM

I missed where you smoothed the tailgate. Is that a factory tach? As always, looks slick!

gclark1 01-25-2014 03:52 PM

Thanks Bruiser.

Smoothing that gate was a chore for a body guy like me that is not an expert. I spent countless hours on it making it as perfect as I could. Yes, factory tach. With only 64K original miles, this is the one thing that I could just dust off and put it back in, at least after getting a new lens.

lowrodderchev 01-25-2014 06:29 PM

man you even 2-tone the door jams inside. you don't mess around cant wait to see the finish product

CamaroChris 01-26-2014 02:56 AM

Man I love that color!! Good choice!

gclark1 02-01-2014 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Once again, thanks for the comments. Got the core support, battery box, serpentine brackets, transmission, pulleys and whatever else I thought should be painted to match. Yes, I even cleared the stinkin transmission. Where do you stop?

You might be a Redneck if...

68Timber 02-02-2014 09:58 AM

Love it...

eighteenninetytwo 02-02-2014 07:49 PM

Fascinating to see all of this taking shape. Good to know what can be done with enough time, knowledge and money of course.

Cherub 02-04-2014 10:47 AM

man i really like that color

gclark1 02-04-2014 09:54 PM

1892 - I must add patience to that list, but you are right about the other 3 for sure. Might be a bit out of order as the only reason you have not seen a motor yet is money...this is really freakin expensive.

Planning on sanding and buffing the fenders and hood and getting the transmission bolted in this weekend. That will be a very successful weekend in my book.

Again, thanks for the comments guys! I continue to enjoy seeing them.

motornut 02-13-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gclark1 (Post 6503486)
Once again, thanks for the comments. Got the core support, battery box, serpentine brackets, transmission, pulleys and whatever else I thought should be painted to match. Yes, I even cleared the stinkin transmission. Where do you stop?

You might be a Redneck if...

lol redneck windchimes?.....and if they start bangin run for your life!

DrppdBlazr 02-16-2014 06:48 PM

Just noticed the devil'd out garage, thats awesome fear the pitch fork

gclark1 02-16-2014 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cherub, I am glad you like it. It was quite the process getting a color on a small "spray out" and making a guess how it would look on the entire truck. I am really happy it came out!

Drppdblazr - Yea, big Devils fan here. Went to school there and just wanted to paint the garage to support the team.

Got some good stuff done the past few weeks. Fenders buffed and hung, hood buffed and stashed for later, trans hung in place, firewall sanded and buffed too, doors aligned. Yes, I had to sand a buff the firewall as all of the parts around it were just going to be so flat that I did not want a bunch of peel there. I hated to take parts off, but in order to do it right, I had to pull the booster and wiper motor. Simple parts to put back on though. More pictures later after I get the trim on and take it out in the AZ sun!

gclark1 03-04-2014 11:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I keep on working on my Blazer as much as time permits and am making good progress, but everything just takes so much time to do it right...

Low Elco 03-05-2014 02:07 PM

Oooooweeeeedamn that's nice. Definitely giving me something to shoot for. Hustle up, son, hot rod time's a comin'!

68Timber 03-05-2014 03:39 PM

Wow! Dang that's coming along sweet. Few questions - the HVAC box, is that new or refurbed? Also the under hood nuts and bolts, new or refurbed?

gclark1 03-11-2014 10:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys!

Bruiser - the AC box was just cleaned, primed, painted and all internal parts replaced. The fasteners under hood are all new, mostly stainless button head.

I finally got some good work done this weekend that you can actually see. The whole front clip is now aligned and tight. Doors and aligned and secure with Soffseal rubber (still closes really hard though). Trim is all on with a couple of alignment issues to be worked out still...

Jonboy 03-11-2014 10:52 AM

Lookin' sharp! The color looks great out in the light.

Low Elco 04-17-2014 08:38 AM

Duuuude, it's been a month! Tell me this sucker's makin' noise! Tell me it's got 2 12's and 1000 Watts bangin' in the back! I can't wait!

We're enthusiastic. Can you tell?