The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why cant i search on my phone ?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=755943)

hotsam 01-29-2018 08:27 PM

Why cant i search on my phone ??

Any ideas ? Its an LG. I can go to search and it brings up the tab but when it tries to bring up the keyboard it throws it out and back to the forum... ?? Thanks

Theboatandcarman 01-29-2018 08:41 PM

Re: Why cant i search on my phone ??

i have the same problem. need to request desktop website and it will work. (should be a menu option in top right of android based phone!)

hotsam 01-29-2018 09:10 PM

Thank you for the reply.. I have tried that with no luck.. Im not too good with these phones but there should be a way..

LockDoc 01-29-2018 11:25 PM

-
I don't know anything about this but I know at the bottom of this page, on the left side, there is a drop down box where you can choose the theme for the board. One is Desktop, one is Mobile, and one is Mobile Theme. I don't know if that would change anything or not....

LockDoc

randy.powell 01-30-2018 09:12 AM

Switching to mobile makes the search option box appear when selected but like on the desktop setting, as soon as you start to type in the search box it disappears... No joy with the Droid. The mobile theme view doesn't give you the search item that I could find.

hotsam 01-30-2018 11:34 AM

Well im not the only one at least... Haha. Thanks guys we'll figure it out

Desert_Eagle02 01-30-2018 12:06 PM

Same for me for both mobile and switching to desktop view.

chewychevy67 01-30-2018 12:54 PM

Me as well. Super annoying. I find myself coming to this site a lot less because I can't search any more.

greasemonkey 01-30-2018 03:04 PM

If you press and hold the search button instead of single clicking it, it will give you the option of opening in a new window. If you do that, it will add a tab and you will be taken to the search page. That's the only one I can get it to work.

richard2717 01-30-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greasemonkey (Post 8174057)
If you press and hold the search button instead of single clicking it, it will give you the option of opening in a new window. If you do that, it will add a tab and you will be taken to the search page. That's the only one I can get it to work.

Hmmm I just tried that and it took me to a new window but then it said I was logged out and would not let me log back in. I will just stick with the office computer when i want to search

hotsam 01-30-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greasemonkey (Post 8174057)

Ok.. I just tried this and it worked on my phone. It opened a new tab I had to go to the new tab and its like the search bar is at the bottom of the forum page. I clicked and it let me type and searched... !! But its not at the bottom of the page till it opens the new tab ??? Oh well.. Thanks !!

nds1968 02-02-2018 07:46 PM

When the search function pops up, hit advance search feature on the bottom. Then type what your search for.

a1vintage69 02-03-2018 07:49 PM

Click search. Then click advanced search. Then click on post! Work's every time. Enjoy,a1:hi::Own::

russgoodman 02-04-2018 11:42 AM

Yep, advance search worked for me the other day in Lowe's trying to figure out what size the front cab bolts were.