The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   lets see your trick mods and custom touches!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=228327)

ChevyDude 02-23-2007 09:17 AM

Re: lets see your trick mods and custom touches!!

4 Attachment(s)
Paint Frame and well everything and install Fuel Cell Guys tank, sway bar...that's just the rear end mod...Eaton posi disc brakes to be added this summer!

corn 02-23-2007 10:47 PM

Not a lot from me but here goes...

Ash tray converted to cup holder in console, trans mounted floor shifter & engine turned gage cluster...

corn 02-23-2007 10:50 PM

Heres the shifter...

cped 02-23-2007 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:ww:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggerCST (Post 2043005)
Here's mine. It's about the only thing on my truck that is custom.:lol:

Doing a search for gas filler options and came across this thread. I'd love to see more info/tech how to on this specific one. This is clean and exactly what I'd like to do with mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
chad

pritch 02-23-2007 11:53 PM

This is pretty much all I've added so far. Map light out of a '88 F-150.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55...install006.jpg

I didn't have any kind of dome light, and with the Panel I needed to put it above the windshield.

dan42 02-24-2007 12:03 AM

dude, that is nice - it's different but still very original -

dan42 02-24-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstm68 (Post 2041047)
im doing the same thing but as a full length console. how did you make the cup holders ???

dude, I like the white gauges - are they still original?

chevymike71 02-24-2007 12:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
fully custom truck

Frizzle Fry 02-24-2007 12:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Another member now owns this truck, but I rounded the bed corners (proof of concept run for my 61), made the door panels from deluxe/standard panels combined (I thought they looked pretty cool), and put F150 side mirrors on it:

Frizzle Fry 02-24-2007 12:49 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Then on the Suburban... Is a 476 a custom touch? :lol: Door panels (still not fully complete), new inserts in the seats (as seen via camera phone pic), Keeping the dealer installed roof rack (it's sorta custom, right?), and I just finished making these covered fiberglass kick panels. I'll post the installed pics later.

Frizzle Fry 02-24-2007 12:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Kick panels before covering, and the rack...

c10crazy 02-24-2007 10:02 AM

Frizzle Fry- how will you mount the door panel inserts?. Are you going to install the pull knobs for the air vents so they are still functional?. Cool Burb!

meaniam 02-24-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggerCST (Post 2043005)
Here's mine. It's about the only thing on my truck that is custom.:lol:

good looking deal. i asked you some ? on your other thread

meaniam 02-24-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnywagon (Post 2043678)
Kinda low-tech and easy. I mounted 2 pairs of Pilot brand fog & driving lights (one pair clear, one amber) in my bumper marker light holes. Yes, its on a 4x4 but I think it would look good a lowered rig too.

now that there is a get her done pic. looks bad ass

Blue85 02-24-2007 01:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
01 chevy seats, 95 booster and master, and a custom gas fill in the box

Frizzle Fry 02-24-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c10crazy (Post 2045811)
Frizzle Fry- how will you mount the door panel inserts?. Are you going to install the pull knobs for the air vents so they are still functional?. Cool Burb!

I've epoxied hardwood blocks to the back of the inserts. I'll just use wood screws through the panels and maybe some glue. I have the rear deluxe panels for making the rear inserts too.

Yes, drilling holes for the vent pull bracket is the next step on the kick panels.

Frizzle Fry 02-24-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue85 (Post 2046064)

The gas filler is clean. Well done! Is the MC/Booster a simple install?

dave3156 02-24-2007 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of my mods is a wood bed I made myself. The wood is poplar. I cut the boards to size (specs from GMC Pauls website), ran them thru a planer, cut the grooves for the strips with a table saw, put three coats of spar polyurethane on both sides, bought the unfinished strips form Mar K and painted them with 2 coats of Blue and one coat clear. I attached them over a one piece welded in steel bed. I first coated the bed with POR15 and then mounted the boards over closed cell pipe insulation (boards are on top of foam insulation so they have air under them). I drilled holes through the steel bed and used stainless steel bolts and self tighening nuts to secure it to the steel plate. It was alot of work but I'm happy with the results.

RetroSBK 02-24-2007 04:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Made an acrylic hood emblem insert out of florescent blue acrylic. Thinking about adding a LED to side light it when the head lights are on...

Some mildly custom door panels.

Also fitted 14in electric fans, One puller on the radiator, one puser on the condensor. Did quite get the AC cold enuf so now sitting on the shelf, waiting for me to put them on are a 508 compressor and Be-Cool condensor. Made a smoked Acrylic shroud to force all the air to flow through the condensor as well.

The front fan eliminated the room I had for my old hood pop, so I made up a new lever drilled a hole, and looked some cable through it. Ran this around one bar of the grill... It is all but invisible, and works great!

Also fitted late model C1500 seats..

Right now we are calling this truck FHFU... Fix his F*** ups (the previous owner was a hack) notice the cut doors and dash, the fact the when you turn on the fan, the compressor kicks on, etc etc.. LOTS of work to do... or re-do..

Kurt L 02-24-2007 04:42 PM

that would be cool idea there Retro on liteing up the hood emblem.post pics after your done.

Blue85 02-24-2007 04:58 PM

frizzle fry, just had to drill new mounting holes for the booster, and lengthen the pushrod

chevychase 04-15-2008 05:30 AM

TTT

I was checking out this cool thread, it's over a year old. I'm trying to revive it, so post your mods up!

tommypic 04-15-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue85 (Post 2046064)

Did the Booster bolt right up ? what brackets did you use . I am putting disk on 4 corners on a 67 C 10

fastom 04-16-2008 03:07 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's my dash, kick panel speakers, shaved firewall, etc.

The truck is nearing completion!!

gregfull 04-16-2008 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastom (Post 2678581)
Here's my dash, kick panel speakers, shaved firewall, etc.

Lets see some more of that truck. I'm partial to that color.