The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   67-68 Standard & Cowl hoods are Junk (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=587944)

greystoke 09-04-2016 09:38 AM

Re: 67-68 Standard & Cowl hoods are Junk

are we still waiting on this? I know patience is a virtue.

Tim Christian 09-07-2016 08:32 PM

I am hoping to know dates cost and ect at SEMA show

Theboatandcarman 09-25-2016 07:03 PM

Yea mine fits like garbage... God I hate body work :(

72MARIO 11-28-2016 12:01 PM

Any update ?

GMCPaul 11-28-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72MARIO (Post 7781097)
Any update ?

The 1967-68 stock hood is a exact fit and the production run of these is just completed and they will be available in late Dec. early Jan. 2017.
the 67-68 cowl hoods have still not passed the test fit stage and are still in development stage. These are Close to be done but hinges upon the next fit on when production will begin.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls

GMCPaul 01-05-2017 09:09 AM

The all new 1967-68 stock steel hoods are now in stock. These are made from all new tooling and provide a great fit, so we finally have a 67-68 stock hood that we will sell.
You'll find the hoods on the following page of our web site.
http://www.gmcpauls.com/Body&Bumpers.htm
part # 366410 1967-68 Steel Hood
The 67-68 cowl hoods have still not passed the test fit stage and are still in the development stage. These are very Close to being done but these still hinge upon the next fit being absolutely correct before production will begin.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls

greystoke 01-05-2017 10:08 AM

This is awesome, saving for a 67 front clip. Will be ordering soon!!!

Sanduners 05-26-2018 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently purchase a cowl hood from Classic in HB, the price was right. It fit really well, not sure if this was one of the newer versions talked about here. I did contact Paul first and he said they should be almost out of the old ones. I was able to purchase one for $387 + tax and picked it up.

jjzepplin 05-27-2018 06:11 AM

That's a good deal!

Robznob11 08-02-2018 11:38 PM

So are the good fitting 2" cowl hoods out now. I have had pure heck with my current one. Never could get gaps correct. Pie cut it....and always suspected it was to long.....

GMCPaul 08-03-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robznob11 (Post 8314621)
So are the good fitting 2" cowl hoods out now. I have had pure heck with my current one. Never could get gaps correct. Pie cut it....and always suspected it was to long.....

Hi, Rob
Yes they are I'm surprised dad didn't come on and post about it ( although with moms pancreatic cancer chemo over with he's been kept rather busy taking care of her and getting her to all her appointments from the damage caused by cancer, Whipple surgery, and now the tremendous side effects of a extremely aggressive chemo treatment therapy that's destroyed muscles & bones) Thank GOD though she is in remission currently....... So we've all been burning the candles at both ends here trying to keep everything going smoothly.

67-68 Steel Cowl Hood NEW RELEASE MADE FROM ALL NEW TOOLING as of July 2018
Part # 19624414
Found on the following page of our web site
http://www.gmcpauls.com/cowl_hoods.htm
Now back to printing out last nights orders so they can be prepared to be pulled and shipped.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls

lolife99 08-03-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCPaul (Post 8314686)
Hi, Rob
Yes they are I'm surprised dad didn't come on and post about it ( although with moms pancreatic cancer chemo over with he's been kept rather busy taking care of her and getting her to all her appointments from the damage caused by cancer, Whipple surgery, and now the tremendous side effects of a extremely aggressive chemo treatment therapy that's destroyed muscles & bones) Thank GOD though she is in remission currently....... So we've all been burning the candles at both ends here trying to keep everything going smoothly.

I'm getting ready to go thru the same, with my mom.
Shes waiting for the surgeon to call with a date for whipple surgery.
The last week has been emotionally draining.
And we are just getting started.
I'm glad your mom is in remission,...

GMCPaul 08-03-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 8314712)
I'm getting ready to go thru the same, with my mom.
Shes waiting for the surgeon to call with a date for whipple surgery.
The last week has been emotionally draining.
And we are just getting started.
I'm glad your mom is in remission,...

Keith I'm so SORRY to hear your going through the same as we've been through as it's such a aggressive cancer with the worst survival rates of any cancers with only 8%-21% surviving 5 years if they are lucky enough to be in the 15% that can even have the whipple procedure ( depends on treatment and who's doing treatment most places average 8-10% survival for 5 years with surgery). Early diagnosis and aggressive targeted treatment are keys to survival we've learned. Dad upon learning of it devoted days to weeks learning everything about it and treatments. Luckily they caught my mom's early ( June 2017 diagnosed, operated June 22nd 2017, chemo began 5 weeks later along with immunotherapy treatment and chemo treatments almost took her life 3-4 times) while the tumor size was right at 2cm, and only 1 lymph node involved. Make sure if at all possible she has whipple done at a hospital that does these regular as survival rates to survive surgery alone are far higher 90%+ at those that do them on a regular basis weekly compared to hospitals that only do a few a year having 15-20% survival rates on the surgery. Thankfully we had Bren Simon Cancer Center at IU in Indianapolis for her surgery and chemo and dad & her flew & drove to John Hopkins in MD for immunotherapy treatment. Be sure to ask the surgeon to have the cancer molecular profile done so they can do targeted chemo treatment based on those results.
PanCan is a excellent resource
https://www.pancan.org/
If you need further information on this or just support please contact me or dad through our email address robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
Dad's learned a ton and had the Dr's surprised on his in depth knowledge of treatments. Our families Prayers are with you now and in the future.....
Paul Jr.

jhrusk 08-03-2018 09:01 AM

Prayers for all involved

jjzepplin 08-03-2018 09:50 AM

Is there a standard hood available? Sorry about Moms. Dad is in remission for his 5th year from stage 4 lymph node cancer. We now pray hug and visit much more than we used to. Shipping to 33511?

lolife99 08-03-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCPaul (Post 8314723)
Keith I'm so SORRY to hear your going through the same as we've been through as it's such a aggressive cancer with the worst survival rates of any cancers with only 8%-21% surviving 5 years if they are lucky enough to be in the 15% that can even have the whipple procedure ( depends on treatment and who's doing treatment most places average 8-10% survival for 5 years with surgery). Early diagnosis and aggressive targeted treatment are keys to survival we've learned. Dad upon learning of it devoted days to weeks learning everything about it and treatments. Luckily they caught my mom's early ( June 2017 diagnosed, operated June 22nd 2017, chemo began 5 weeks later along with immunotherapy treatment and chemo treatments almost took her life 3-4 times) while the tumor size was right at 2cm, and only 1 lymph node involved. Make sure if at all possible she has whipple done at a hospital that does these regular as survival rates to survive surgery alone are far higher 90%+ at those that do them on a regular basis weekly compared to hospitals that only do a few a year having 15-20% survival rates on the surgery. Thankfully we had Bren Simon Cancer Center at IU in Indianapolis for her surgery and chemo and dad & her flew & drove to John Hopkins in MD for immunotherapy treatment. Be sure to ask the surgeon to have the cancer molecular profile done so they can do targeted chemo treatment based on those results.
PanCan is a excellent resource
https://www.pancan.org/
If you need further information on this or just support please contact me or dad through our email address robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
Dad's learned a ton and had the Dr's surprised on his in depth knowledge of treatments. Our families Prayers are with you now and in the future.....
Paul Jr.

Thank you SO much for the info.

firedemon 10-30-2019 09:25 PM

any updates on these yet I see they are not on the site page yet just 69-72 . my stock hood was destroyed in an accident i got to replace it

richard2717 11-05-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedemon (Post 8618878)
any updates on these yet I see they are not on the site page yet just 69-72 . my stock hood was destroyed in an accident i got to replace it

Looks like they are on the site and listed as with new tooling

https://gmcpauls.com/Body&Bumpers.htm

Richard

extd56 01-21-2020 04:27 PM

Looked at the site and shows 1969-72 Cowl hood

mygmctruck1 01-26-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCPaul (Post 8314686)
Hi, Rob

67-68 Steel Cowl Hood NEW RELEASE MADE FROM ALL NEW TOOLING as of July 2018
Part # 19624414
Found on the following page of our web site
http://www.gmcpauls.com/cowl_hoods.htm
Now back to printing out last nights orders so they can be prepared to be pulled and shipped.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls

I don’t like doing this but can you give me the name of your supplier for the 67-68 Chevy hoods ? I hate asking but I have a supplier right in my back yard who can get me the hood and save me $100 + bucks of shipping cost . And he said I can inspect it before I take it .

So can you help me out with that .

Thank You

Gary

jjzepplin 02-18-2020 07:42 PM

I found a hood new in the box locally. How do I know if it is the new version?