The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Vacuum Diagram for Air Conditioning 70 Chevy Pickup (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=110827)

stringpickin 07-06-2004 07:52 PM

Vacuum Diagram for Air Conditioning 70 Chevy Pickup

Hello and Good day guys.. Does anyone have a diagram of the vacuum hoses for all of the air conditioning hook up. To include from the AC controller, the two vents, one in the cowl, the one in the right hand passenger side panel, the vaccuum canister? And I believe their may be one more unit of some type that has something to do with the system. The guys at the shop are trying to get this working for me, but are having a lot of trouble.. If you have specific knowledge and could help me, i would appreciatte it so much. I will gladly buy you lunch and pay for phone calls so I can get this figured out. Either case, a diagram or expertise would be greatly appreciated.. thank you very much. Appparently they have exchausted all sources trying to get the proper diagram. All they have found so far is what goes back to 74. thanks again..

cdowns 07-06-2004 08:10 PM

excellent diagrams are located in the 67-72 assembly manual plus a whole lot more BUY A BOOK

stringpickin 07-06-2004 08:20 PM

I know,, I just don';t have one at the moment, and the shop thought they did have it so I didn't go out and buy one. I know most of the truck like the back of my hand so have never needed one. But the vaccuum diagram I don't know.. .. So I am looking for some quick help, so they can get my truck done without costing me a fortune.. I can't get the book by tomorrow morning.. Mabye you or some one of the brotherhood of chevy truck could fax me a copy of the page with the vaccuum diagram?? that would be really appreciated.. Please.. or scan and send via email??

fast71 07-06-2004 08:32 PM

stringpickin,,, I need the the same thing your needing .I thought we were here to help one another.If I come up with one I will post it for all.

fast71 07-06-2004 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
found something

john 07-06-2004 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres one I saved, Hope it helps. I have an Adobe file with more info , I will try it in a second post John . Oops Guess I was too slow.

stringpickin 07-06-2004 08:58 PM

Hey Fast71,, Your right, I believe we are here to help out eachother. And I thank you very much for that you just sent. That is exactly what I needed. The mechanic was trying to tell me that there is a couple of vacuum devices under the dash up above the heater control assembly on the fire wall. But I don't recall anything of the sort. I thank you sir for that diagram. Very much appreciated. And if I can ever return the favor, you know I will.. thanks again.. Barry

Hutch 07-06-2004 09:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
stringpickin
Some of these are the same as the one's posted previously.

stringpickin 07-06-2004 09:06 PM

Fast71, do you see anything that discusses 4 season air sytem??

fast71 07-06-2004 09:40 PM

No I sure dont.
Hutch thanks for all the info you gave that helped me alot also!!!!

stringpickin 07-07-2004 01:24 AM

Thank you Fast71, John an Hutch for the pics. I sure wish I knew right now what he was talking about up under there. He has me baffled. I am going to have to go over and see what it is. He still keeps saying there are some vaccuum actuaters of some kind under the dash.. hmmm,, When I find out what the deal is, I will post it on this thread. thanks again, Greatly appreciated..