The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wiper Squirter Tubing - Where it Goes? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=684644)

KyleSeal 10-07-2015 10:25 PM

Wiper Squirter Tubing - Where it Goes?

Tearing down my 70 I found that my wiper motor has a couple tubes coming off it that are sliced from the last owner, and a grommet on the firewall that has three holes in it, looks factory I'd say considering Brothers sells one exactly like it.

My question - can someone on here show me some pictures and give some insight on how to make this stock again? I'd like to have it working and set up properly just incase I need it. Thanks.

Vehicle: 1970 Chevrolet C/10 (if that even matters)

Kyle.

LockDoc 10-07-2015 11:48 PM

Re: Wiper Squirter Tubing - Where it Goes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleSeal (Post 7333761)
Tearing down my 70 I found that my wiper motor has a couple tubes coming off it that are sliced from the last owner, and a grommet on the firewall that has three holes in it, looks factory I'd say considering Brothers sells one exactly like it.

My question - can someone on here show me some pictures and give some insight on how to make this stock again? I'd like to have it working and set up properly just incase I need it. Thanks.

Vehicle: 1970 Chevrolet C/10 (if that even matters)

Kyle.

It's pretty simple really. The two smaller tubes go to the squirters (nozzles) and the bigger tube goes to the bottle. Getting them working is a crap shoot at best. You can buy a kit to repair the pump but they don't always work after the re-build....

LockDoc

FirstOwner69 10-08-2015 12:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pictures that should help.

KyleSeal 10-10-2015 12:10 AM

When you talk about the pump are you talking about the one mounted in the engine bay?

FirstOwner69 10-10-2015 12:28 AM

The windshield washer pump is attached to the wiper motor on the firewall inside the cab at about 2 o'clock from the upper corner of the instrument cluster opening in the dash. That's what the 3 hoses that go through the grommet attach to. It's a real pain to get at, especially if you have A/C.

EDIT: Changed wiper motor clock position to 2 o'clock.

Gromit 10-10-2015 02:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I have a '70 as well, so this will be another few views Photos attached)

I put yellow paint spots on the hoses 'cause by the time I got out of the cab and walked to the front I had forgotten which was which..

The PO put an aftermarket washer pump so probably that won't help you much; but the hoses should be similar.

LockDoc 10-10-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleSeal (Post 7336194)
When you talk about the pump are you talking about the one mounted in the engine bay?

There is no pump in the engine bay unless someone has added an aftermarket one.

LockDoc

KyleSeal 10-11-2015 11:32 AM

Thanks for all the help you guys, really helped me figure out what was going on with my truck. It's currently in teardown so the wiper motor should be easy for me to get to and replace that pump, unfortunately the last owner was a real 'hack job' to the fullest meaning. The old washer pump and bucket lines didn't go anywhere and the little info on this subject on the internet really left me confused, so this helped a ton, thanks!

Kyle.

Redline novdog 10-11-2015 05:34 PM

If the truck you're working on is your avatar,then way cool truck!! I would imagine that the washer hoses will be the least of your worries if you're in tear down mode. Good luck have fun,learn and lean on the forum! great knowledge here!!

KyleSeal 10-11-2015 07:01 PM

Redline - Thanks! I'm glad to say its mine, first C10 and well first project truck/car ever so you'll probably see me floating around on this board a lot. Nice '67 by the way, love that year. I was about to buy one for about $600 until someone stole the keys so I couldn't buy it.

In The Ten Ring 10-11-2015 07:19 PM

I will save a link to this thread! I had expected to have to ask someone this very same question about a month from now.