The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   99+ Chevy and GMC Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   MO DJM Calmax 5" drop LCAs (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=381502)

Slammed67 01-16-2010 05:35 PM

DJM Calmax 5" drop LCAs

3 Attachment(s)
For sale are two DJM 5" drop lower control arms that fit a 1999-2006 Chevy Silverado. The part number for these is CA2599L-5. These are slightly used and are scratched up a little from being installed and removed but otherwise are in great condition. Also, the rubber ball joint dust boots have small tears in them on the flat part where it contacts the spindle. I assume DJM sells replacements if needed. According to the DJM website, you will need their matching CA2599U upper control arms. Also, as their web site states, these will not work with stock wheels and tires. Included are the sway bar end links and instruction sheet. These cost about $320 new for the pair but I'm selling these for $150. Please visit the DJM suspension website for more information. Thanks for looking and if you have any questions, let me know.

FYI - The bottom picture is my truck with these 5" arms installed.

firedog 01-16-2010 08:39 PM

Re: DJM Calmax 5" drop LCAs

so why did you take them off and if the website states it wont work with stock wheels how did you make it work in the picture. and what other parts did you install (drop springs,etc??)to get the look you have shown in the pic. i may be interested in the parts just kicking tires right now to see if i want to tackle this job yet

Slammed67 01-17-2010 04:16 AM

I bought them used off eBay and the guy had advertised them as 4" LCAs. Once I installed them it was apparent that they were 5" LCAs. So, I bought the correct 4" LCAs and now have these for sale. I really liked how they looked, but didn't want to buy all new wheels and tires, plus the matching upper a-arms. Technically, they can be installed with stock wheels and tires, but you will have tire rub on the inner fenders. They do not interfere with the stock wheels at all, just the wheel/tire size combination causes the problem. In the picture, I just had the 5" arms and stock springs. Actually, the only tire rub I experienced was on the drivers side when I'd go over dips in the highway. Also, I'm not sure if the front end could be aligned without the matching upper a-arms, but I never tried.

rex01atv 01-25-2010 10:45 AM

I'm running these on my 2000 with stock upper arms with 5'' lower arms with no alignment issues, if this helps???

Slammed67 01-25-2010 12:59 PM

Out of curiosity, what shocks are you running? I bought the ones from DJM and it rides like it has no shocks at all.

firedog 01-28-2010 02:17 AM

ya that helps alot... now i really got to think if im going to go thru with it thanks!!