The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Sport Truck Direct Is GARBAGE! DONT TO BUSINESS WITH THEM. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=132411)

r0lf- 12-20-2004 09:18 PM

Sport Truck Direct Is GARBAGE! DONT TO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

ARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!! This Stupid Company is trying to screw me for almost 160 dollars!!! So I ordered the spindles for my truck, wich it turned out were already on there, my mistake. So I call up sport truck direct and ask about a refund on them. I talk to a sales rep, he says there will be a 20% restocking fee, I say ok. I made a stupid mistake, now I have to pay for it. I send the parts back and pay the shipping there.

So, I got a promotion on the parts where you get 50 dollars off if the order is over 400 dollars and free shipping. So I call back today since I just checked my bank account and see that the money hasnt been refunded yet although they have the parts back. I talk to another rep. and he tells me that I should be refunded towards the end of the week and I have a whopping 93.01 coming towards me. WHAT!?

So he tells me that I am now going to be charged for the free shipping I recieved AND have the 50 dollars docked from that too since my order wont be over 400 bucks anymore. I was NOT told about any of this by the last guy. I tell him this and he says its all in the report here. I call BS, and ask to talk to the first guy that I talkied to about the refund.

He wont be in till tommorow.

So lets see...

$50 docked + $40+ in shipping docked + $40+ restocking + $35+ to send em back = ~160 bucks!

I DONT THINK SO!

Im calling back tommorow and talking to this moron. I want my money. This is rediculus.

r0lf- 12-20-2004 09:27 PM

Sorry, im just really pissed, I spent almost 500 bucks with them and they are treating me like garbage.

Who knows, I could want to buy a couple grand more in parts. Dont treat your customers bad! THEY WONT COME BACK! And will tell others not to.

ocbaud 12-20-2004 10:40 PM

that sucks :(

i've never had a problem with them.

although.....
when ordering drop parts for my friend's 72' chevy, they sent me rear shackles and hangers instead of 4" springs. they made me pay to ship them back and then a few days later the new coils arrived at my house.

TIMSPEED 12-21-2004 01:24 AM

Told ya to go with Summit and DJM Parts
Sorry to hear about that though.

low 84 12-21-2004 03:17 AM

i had good luck with them, but will think twice about them next time. that is a pretty rediculous way to do business

r0lf- 12-21-2004 03:35 AM

I mean, they told me its in their policy thinger, I went and checked and it was. But the sucker NEVER TOLD ME about this. Its deep in the back of their website. This guy wouldnt budge one bit. Just kept telling me, this is whats written on the screen.

I GET THAT MORON. YOUR NOT LISTENING TO ME.

So hopefully I can get ahold of someone higher on the food chain tommorow.

Slonaker 12-21-2004 10:23 AM

As I said in another email today, I emailed them with questions 3 times over several months, and they never responded. I guess they didn't want my money.

I ordered all of my stuff from http://www.performancesuspension.com. They had a toll free number on their site, and they answered my questions as soon as I called. No problems.

Slonaker

MOTHERTRUCKERS 01-12-2005 10:10 AM

If you ever want to order a part from STD email me the part number and your zipcode and i'll get you a discounted cost plus 100% money back including shipping.

3100 special 01-29-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTHERTRUCKERS
If you ever want to order a part from STD email me the part number and your zipcode and i'll get you a discounted cost plus 100% money back including shipping.

How about a 10% discount from MotherTruckers? :D

special-K 04-09-2005 05:03 PM

I never had a problem with them.But,I never ordered anything wrong or anything that I didn`t need.It makes sense to me that they should not have the expense of shipping on your mistake.It`s not a matter of satisfaction guaranteed.And,as it turns out,how much of the $500 order did you keep?You`d be better off trying to sell them yourself.You probably already figured that out.

shifty 04-26-2005 05:54 PM

Man, I had similar problems with Stylin' Concepts twice! They couldn't ship anything out on time, even when I specifically asked for next-day saturday shipping (I paid $200 for shipping and they couldn't even get it right!!!)

I've never ordered from STD, but I doubt I will at this point. I've found those mainstream vendors are usually complete ass to work with and I'd rather put my money with locals.

special-K 04-27-2005 07:33 AM

My local shop,TrickTrucks,wanted $200 more for my Ram-Air hood.They want you to pay first,then they go and "mail-order" it for you.I ordered shocks for my`92 K3500 in`93 from Eastern Off-Road(GMC,not Edsel)and they charged me shipping!If you want to save by ordering Nationwide,Know what you`re getting,then order.Shipping costs somebody money each direction.Why should someone pay for your mistake.

EyeH8the24 04-29-2005 05:28 PM

just got my spindles from sprt truck direct and had a great transaction...parts shipped on time .....