The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Classic Performance Products- POOR SERVICE (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=645655)

Chris Coufal 10-07-2014 12:58 AM

Classic Performance Products- POOR SERVICE

I'm writing a review about the poor customer service I have received with CPP in the past 3 weeks. It is beyond me how a company can operate on this level and with such a poor level of service. Anyone reading this review that was contemplating ordering from them, I highly suggest you reconsider. Here is my story:

Sept. 14th- I email the company asking a few questions about the LS motor mount conversion kit. Specifically I asked about the header size and the motor placement forward/backwards with the supplied plates. This kit came with DT headers, motor mounts, adapter plates, MM brackets, transmission CM and hardware.

Sept 17th- Aaron S. responds to my email about my questions. Why did it take them 3 days? In his response, he very specifically stated the motor plates move the motor 1.25" forward. He also stated the DT headers were 1-7/8" tubes.

Sept. 17th- I respond to his email thanking him and asking if there is a forum discount.

Sept. 18th- He responds and tells me to call him.

Sept. 18th- I call Aaron directly and place the order. Again during the convo I ask about the motor spacing and the header size and he reassures me it's all as he has stated and that the kit all works together. The retail is $869 and Aaron tells me there is a small forum discount that makes the kit $825 (I believe) and that shipping will not be more than $40-$50.

Sept 22nd- I get an email invoice stating my order shipped and that they billed me $905.40?????? What happened to the $40-$50 shipping?

Sept 25th- my package arrives. That night I mount everything for a test fit and try to put it inside the truck. I immediately notice the engine is too far forward and I have a 3-4" MM plate. I also measure the headers and discover they are 1-3/4" not 1-7/8" as told. I also find that I have the wrong hardware to install the kit.

Sept. 26th- I call and leave a voicemail on Aaron's phone stating my problems and ask for his call back.

Sept. 30th- I have not received a call back, so I call again and this time speak with Jeff. Jeff seems to have an attitude and cuts me off several times telling me he helped design this kit. He tells me that Aaron gave me incorrect info about the headers and as far as he knows they should be 1-5/8"???? He then tells me that I must have the brackets on backwards that it's impossible to move the motor that far forward. I reassure him I have the wrong mounts. During a 30 minute convo, he tells me I must have been incorrectly shipped an old prototype that they replaced over a year ago. He said that the kit *should come* with sliders. He tells me he will have to investigate and get back to me. He says that only a manager can authorize sending me new mounts and that he will ask.

Sept 30th- Aaron finally returns my call and then says I need to let Jeff resolve the issue.

Oct 3rd- I have not heard from CPP so I call and speak with Jeff again. He tells me that he is still working on contacting management about the issue and that he will get back to me because he can't do anything.

Oct 6th 10am- still haven't heard anything so I call again and ask to speak to Jeff. After 15 minutes on hold, Jeff answers and tells me he will escalate the issue but that I can "upgrade" to the sliders. I tell him that is not an acceptable solution and that I want the proper parts for the kit. He tells me he needs to get with the engineers to figure out why it moves the motor this far forward. I ask him for a template and measurements of the bracket I am supposed to have so I can compare. He tells me that he will call me back today and he will get me this info. He asks what time I get off work and tells me he will return my call.

Oct 6th 6:30pm- After Jeff did not return my call, I call CPP. The operator tells me Jeff has left for the day.....go figure. I ask to speak to a customer service manager. They transfer the call to Cathy....the CS manager. I explain the situation to her and she agrees they need to take care of me. She says "at least we need to get you the correct part". I explain to her that I don't want anything extra....I just want a working part. I tell her I can provide pictures if needed and she asks that I promptly send her pictures and her and the engineer will review them and she will call me right back. Our phone call ends at 6:57pm and at 7:03pm I send her an email with 5 pictures.

I wait and wait on a return call..........

At 7:43pm I get an email from Cathy and this is what it says:

"Hi Chris,
I received the pictures, thank you for providing them to me. At this point, I would highly suggest you use our FitRite adjustable mounts on your installation instead of the set fit mounts you received. These adjustable mounts will eliminate the issues you are having with your installation.
We can sell you the adjustable and if you return the current mounts you received, I can credit you the difference. Please give me a call tomorrow so we can do the exchange."

She wants me to purchase another part, and then I pay shipping to return the parts they incorrectly sent me and then she will credit me the difference between the two parts????

I am absolutely beyond myself. Not only did she not return my call, but then she didn't provide a solution other than for me to spend more money. I am on the verge of sending the entire kit back and ordering elsewhere. This is an absolute nightmare and I can't believe a company operates on this level.

Buyer beware if you plan on ordering from CPP.....I suggest you read all the negative reviews on the internet.

03glide 10-07-2014 09:03 AM

Re: Classic Performance Products- POOR SERVICE

I placed an order for the 4/6 drop kit for my 81 SWB. I don't have the energy to go in to details but I was suprised at the lack of contact and support. Many times I called and a recording said "call back later". While on hold the recording talks about the new 80,000 square foot facility. I think some of that money should have gone into the customer support department. I emailed the company and explained that I was unhappy and I was basically told "sorry". Every order I make with other vendors is immediately followed by an email confirmation, an email with estimated shipping date, and an email when it ships. CPP operates as others did about 20 years ago. The fact that they can't quote you shipping bothered me. You place your order and you find out what the shipping charge is when you look at your bank account. They have many products I would like but based on my first experience with them I will be ordering from somewhere else.

Chris Coufal 10-07-2014 02:17 PM

**UPDATE**

Cathy, the service manager has now emailed me and stated that she has to "pull all phone conversations" and review them. At what point does CPP realize they are not providing great service? So basically they are calling me a liar and want to review if the incorrect information was given to me. They are going through all of this trouble instead of sending me the correct $60 part and a pre-paid postage stamp to return the wrong part they sent me.

I am beside myself.....

03glide 10-07-2014 02:54 PM

I miss living close to a vendor. Its so nice being able to walk in, see and buy what you need.

Chris Coufal 10-07-2014 03:17 PM

**Update***

CPP is sending me a set of slider mounts to correct the issue and pre-paid postage to return the wrong MM plates. What a headache this has been. I'm glad it's finally over.

CheyenneSuper72 10-07-2014 05:01 PM

CPP has had poor customer service for years...I avoid buying from them if I can find another vender that has what I am looking for. ECE is one of the best vendors IMO if they have what you are looking for. Wes @ Classic Heartbeat is also a stand up guy that will do you right. Until CPP changes their customer service I will go elsewhere to spend my money.