The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Teeitup's build I guess!!!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=493620)

in deep 72 07-18-2012 08:38 AM

Re: Teeitup's build I guess!!!!!!

New grill insert? Didn't see anything wrong with the old one.....wanna part with it?

Project looks GREAT! Wish I could take mine down that far. Only been working on what I can without a total teardown so far. Hopefully body off this winter so I can complete the chassis. Dana 60 front, cross over steering, box the frame rails, custom bumpers, 4 link front and rear.....I'm obviously going a different direction than you are but always great to see someone keep it stock!

teeitup 07-29-2012 05:33 PM

Sorry already sold the grill and insert that was in it. Mine will be a pavement pounder;) Thanks Randy

teeitup 08-02-2012 04:52 PM

Hauled it home, there are a couple things I'm not real happy about that he did but all in all a decent job. I'll get pics posted soon. It will be awhile till I get to putting it all back together, hope to have it done by next summer. Thanks Randy

71swb4x4 08-02-2012 09:32 PM

Congrats Randy, can't wait to see the pictures. I hope you are able to work out the things you weren't happy with.

teeitup 08-03-2012 11:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here ya go, I may have to have another body man fix what I don't like. I haven't decided yet

88JRFAN 08-04-2012 12:40 AM

Looks good. I'll have to stop and look at it the next time over that way. Hope you can get the problem fixed.

FRENCHBLUE72 08-04-2012 09:31 AM

Looks good randy hope ya get to enjoy this one..

teeitup 08-12-2012 01:16 PM

Thanks Daren stop by whenever

Thanks Frenchblue, I'm going to have to think a bit when I put it all back together, so used to tearing apart:lol:

Thanks Randy

teeitup 08-12-2012 01:18 PM

I've got a guy that going to rebuild motor now, changed my mind on it. I still have to buy shocks, dual exhaust, and new rear panels plus I'm sure alot more stuff I do not have. This thing is becoming a money pit, oh well its time I have something to drive in the summer I can enjoy

VA72C10 08-12-2012 01:41 PM

Truck looks great from here :D

But they normally do look better in pictures. Hope you get it straightened out to your satisfaction!

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeitup (Post 5535429)
I'm going to have to think a bit when I put it all back together, so used to tearing apart:lol:

:lol: that experience of tearing apart all the trucks and blazers will definitely help come re-assembly. They come apart a lot faster than they go together though, don't they ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeitup (Post 5535431)
I've got a guy that going to rebuild motor now, changed my mind on it. I still have to buy shocks, dual exhaust, and new rear panels plus I'm sure alot more stuff I do not have. This thing is becoming a money pit

It adds up in a real hurry.....that's for sure! For some really nice back panels get with board vendor truckseats. Or you can find them on sale through brother's or classic industries sometimes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeitup (Post 5535429)
oh well its time I have something to drive in the summer I can enjoy

You deserve it! You've helped a bunch of us on here with parts for our builds! :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

teeitup 12-24-2012 06:23 PM

Thanks Jonathan

Everyone the blazer project has been put on hold, I've finally talked my wife into letting me build a 36x44 garage, to mess with my toys in and also finally be able to part out some trucks inside, that will be different after doing it outside all these years;)

Thanks Randy

lolife99 12-24-2012 06:26 PM

Congrats on getting a new shop!

big mike71 12-24-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeitup (Post 5776038)
Thanks Jonathan

Everyone the blazer project has been put on hold, I've finally talked my wife into letting me build a 36x44 garage, to mess with my toys in and also finally be able to part out some trucks inside, that will be different after doing it outside all these years;)

Thanks Randy

You should have a garage building party, I don't much about trucks, But I know construction.

thelonerife 12-24-2012 07:25 PM

Congrats on the garage Randy. Whatever your not happy with on the blazer shouldn't be too bad. Solid white color is easy to match.

Dale99 12-24-2012 07:46 PM

Congrats on the garage. It always helps make projects go nicer.

72 Super 12-24-2012 07:56 PM

Randy,

Congrats on the new shop. I am sure it will pay for itself many times over in the long run.

Vintage Windmills 12-25-2012 12:39 AM

Randy, cool news on the shop! Where will that go? where the maroon 67 truck was sitting when I picked it up?

teeitup 12-25-2012 01:37 AM

Thanks Keith:chevy:

Mike, I'll pm you when we start, I know there will be plenty of beer around here, ;)

Thanks Chuck. The bodyman didn't do a very good job on rockers so I'm going to have to have them taken off and new ones put on, he got in a hurry I think:waah:

Thanks Dale99, thats what I'm thinking:smoke:

Thanks Ray, thats what I told my wife:lol:

Thanks Jud, going to take up most of the big dog pen, between blacksmith shop and house garage. I'm going to keep the rocked area inside the privacy fence for my trailer, extra parts and any other trucks I may find.;)

I'm not going to be able to finish it all inside right now (not enough money), just getting a shell, doors, electrical, and concrete. I have a construction buddy who is only charging me $1000 to build the building (he actually works for me part time at golf course), and a electrician buddy doing electrical for beer (he is a golf buddy). Another buddy giving me a break on concrete work. And another guy is putting in garage doors. Lucky my wife has a good job!!! ;) I'm hoping the weather gets decent in Jan so we can get started on it

Thanks guys, Randy

72BlckButy 12-26-2012 01:48 PM

Can't wait to see it Randy; congrats!

teeitup 12-29-2012 09:43 PM

Thanks Nate, it all depends on the weather on how quick I get it going. Thanks Randy

northern 85 12-29-2012 09:58 PM

Congrats on the garage!

hilljob26 01-10-2013 03:01 PM

hey randy, if you need flourecent light bulbs for your shop when you get it built, let me know what size,i can get you a box or 2 for free, just let me know what size you need,,im sure we can fins someone heading your way to get em to ya,,cant beat free

tll74 04-23-2013 01:51 AM

Hey Randy, Just found this thread. Looking good! Sellers remorse is kicking in!!

teeitup 04-27-2013 09:08 AM

northern85, Thanks

Michael, Thanks for the offer, the fixtures I bought had bulbs but I'm sure I'll need some others

Tom, its been on hold for quite awhile, (out of money with the garage deal). I'm going to be moving it into the new garage soon, maybe this summer get some more done to it

Thanks Randy

teeitup 12-02-2019 10:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow I have been looking for pics of my blazer before luckily I found this post. Its getting there should be done this winter