The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   FedEx (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=127923)

1969 GMC 11-16-2004 11:43 PM

FedEx

Just a little rant about Fedex...I bought a H072 centersection from Chris H, and he sent it via Fedex ground. Big mistake...they shipped it to Texas, where it disappeared in a black hole for over a week. Not only that, but the Fedex people were rude to Chris over the phone and would not return his calls. Finally got it today :rolleyes: thanks Fedex :rolleyes:

70c10 11-17-2004 08:43 AM

You're lucky. A board member shipped me a seat recently thru Fedex that totally disappeared after making it all the way from CA. It was 90 minutes away from my door and vanished.........

64fleetside 11-17-2004 09:06 AM

Bought a radiator last week from Radiator.com, supposed to be delivered the next day. I got it a week later after calling Rad.com several times, then FedEx called twice foir directions. Said the first driver said I had moved, been here 30 years, can't afford to move. Brown truck comes almost weekly, he knows me by name. Brian

ale8oneboy 11-17-2004 01:12 PM

Fedex delievered our stuff (that had to be signed for) to the wrong house. Just glad the members of the house hold that got our stuff were church family and brought it too us.

GreyHoundSteve 11-17-2004 01:23 PM

I try to avoid fed-ex as well. They just dont seem to run as tight a ship as ups and if you have problems with ups they are quick and friendly were fed-ex seems like they could care less and your problems arent theres despite they are the cause of the problem.

My wife had a fed-ex csr tell her that she had made a mistake and that it was impossible what she described but it turned out the problem was EXACTLY as she described and that it was quiet common with their service.

Every business is going to mess up from time to time but its how they deal with those situations thats important.

Blue Beard 11-17-2004 07:31 PM

Their drivers don't have the insurance coverage of ups either...

glock35ipsc 11-18-2004 12:55 PM

I ship ground with UPS at work, but use FedEx Freight for truck shipments. Their LTL service can't be beat! If it's not there in the time they say it takes, shipping is free, period! Would never use their ground service again though!

GMC AMI 11-19-2004 07:21 AM

I would use DHL over Fedex anyday! A plus is lower cost than UPS and Fedex. They also come to your house for pick-up for only 3 dollars.

PHOENIX 12-08-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc
I ship ground with UPS at work, but use FedEx Freight for truck shipments. Their LTL service can't be beat! If it's not there in the time they say it takes, shipping is free, period! Would never use their ground service again though!

Give SAIA motor freight a call.
www.saia.com
They have great service and their rates are cheaper then FedEx, Roadway, Yellow, Old Dominion, Best Way, Etc.
The only carrier I use that beats them is Motor Cargo and thats only into California. Their service isnt as good as Saias though.
The more shipping you do the better discount you can request.
I always have 3 carriers on hand, I use ones quote to get the other to drop our rate. I do this back and forth until we have some good rates.

I almost forgot:
FedEx is terrible in my area. They make one delivery attempt then leave their sticker to sign it for drop on your porch (you better hope it isnt stolen) or pick up at their facility. The facility isnt too far from my house, but damn the lines and drive is a hassle fomr something I wouldnt have to deal with if they used UPS. UPS comes twice a day to my house when they have a delivery. Once around lunch (cause the driver knows Im there) and one in the afternoon (cuase he knows when I get home). Great service and very friendly. Havent tried DHL, so I have nothing to say about them.

JIMs70GMC 12-15-2004 12:28 PM

Not withstanding everybodies problems with fed-ex, I have to say I had a good experience: 3 carbs to 3 different parts of the country and all received on time. Now I did use fed-ex ground. My problem has been getting one of our board members to pay for the carb I sent him.