The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What Radio Station do you like? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=818767)

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-24-2021 12:48 AM

What Radio Station do you like?

This is a blast. Couple ways to use it, by map or search. http://radio.garden/visit/errenteria/VRynMgGL

I just got in there, couple nice ones Ireland:
RTE Lyric FM Dublin
Sunshine 106.8 Dublin

Double J Sydney, Australia, nice “big band” stuff.

Zintzilk Irratia FM 100 Errenteria, Spain - Sounds like Syd Barrett on a trip;)

Hard to find nice classical:waah:
BR Klassik Munich, Germany
1.FM – OTTO’S BAROQUE MUSIC SUG, SWITZERLAND

Celtic Music Radio FM95 - Glasgow, United Kingdom - Song playing now has a nice play of country

FleetsidePaul 02-24-2021 01:33 AM

Re: What Radio Station do you like?

There is only one station that I can get up here and it plays the most god awful country music. I like country music. Good country and not the junk that they play. Everything sounds the same and it's terrible.

I listen to Pandora and Amazon Music.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-24-2021 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8884763)
There is only one station that I can get up here and it plays the most god awful country music. I like country music. Good country and not the junk that they play. Everything sounds the same and it's terrible.

I listen to Pandora and Amazon Music.

Old country is the best country, IMO. HPR1 Traditional Classic Country - Tuned in a while, good stuff.

Celtic Music Radio FM95 - Glasgow, United Kingdom - has some country flavor to it, tunes I've never heard. Half nice half hurts my ears.

Sheepdip 02-24-2021 06:37 AM

I strictly listen to... "Camshaft and Twice Pipes" .....beautiful music

mongocanfly 02-24-2021 08:00 AM

old country...luckily we have several locals that still do it
the station i grew up listening to plays country, it is so far from country sounds its stupid..cant stand to hear it..

FleetsidePaul 02-24-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8884788)
the station i grew up listening to plays country, it is so far from country sounds its stupid..cant stand to hear it..

That sounds like the same mess that they play here.

But to be honest. Radio was never that good in the first place. Too many commercials and the same songs over and over again. I guess I'm just spoiled now. I can just tell my Alexa what to play and it plays it.

The same with television. I record what I want and watch it when I want.

It beats the old days.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...Nothing_On.jpg

MAC71Cheyenne 02-24-2021 12:54 PM

Well since I'm an old fart and insisted that I keep my stock am radio in stuck with whatever I can get. Local is KILJ, country gold. Not whatever this new crap is. Nothing like cowboy air and Waylon

1976gmc20 02-24-2021 03:08 PM

KGHL 790 :)

Back in Colorado, I used to listen WBAP at night, Bill Mack and the Open Road Show.

Steeveedee 02-24-2021 03:56 PM

iPod. No commercials and the only music on it is what I like. It's all rock and roll all the time. Everything from "Absence of Light" by Testament to "Zooropa" by U2.

When I was working, the radio was set to an AM "all news all the time" station so I could get traffic reports "on the sixes". If I needed that, I'd pause the iPod.

LS short box 02-24-2021 05:23 PM

XM in the shop. I listen to many different stations as it suits my mood.

70STOVEBOLT 02-24-2021 05:30 PM

XM mostly, but there is a kickass station about 35 miles South of me that does not come in very well most times. When it does, I listen to it - "101.9 rocks". They play mostly classic rock 60's 70's 80's but they don't just play "hits" they are mainly an AOR station.

Low Elco 02-25-2021 12:47 AM

Used to love the radio. Now it stinks. Same 25 songs over and over and over. Spotify on everything I own with a lot of playlists. Youtube to cover what Spotify doesn't have.

yuccales 02-25-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 8884786)
I strictly listen to... "Camshaft and Twice Pipes" .....beautiful music

Timeless music for sure!

Palf70Step 02-25-2021 09:06 AM

Locally I listen to either K-Love (107.1) Christian or classic rock (102.3). Long trips I have USB sticks with 20+ hrs of music, so I very seldom listen to a radio station out of town.

67C10Step 02-25-2021 10:33 AM

XM when I am in the 4Runner. Mainly 60's - 80's music with Hair Nation and Ozzy's Boneyard thrown in. Or, I'll flip over to the old time radio station and listen to Gunsmoke, Johnny Dollar, Six Shooter, etc.

In the shop I just bluetooth my phone to the stereo and listen to my Spotify. Anything from classic country to motown. Depends upon my mood. But I can say, when I listen to Thin Lizzy and Blackberry Smoke the neighbors do as well. One liked it so much they threw a rock through the window so they could hear better. :metal:

Andy4639 02-25-2021 11:15 AM

I very seldom listen to the radio. I have memory sticks in all the older vehicles with over 700 songs so it's my first option. Then a CD then silence. Driving is my thinking time. So if I don't have my music the radio is off and I'm thinking about what is going on.:chevy:

57taskforce 02-25-2021 11:49 AM

Bob and Tom from 5:45-8:30am, Am talk radio from 10-1(sometimes 4) Spotify for everything else. Music wise I’m into everything from Hank JR to Metallica, Skynyrd to Maiden... don’t do pop,rap,modern country(2000s+) soft rock etc. Mainly though I like old country and 80’s-early 2000’s rock/metal, that said Skynyrd is my favorite all time.

1976gmc20 02-25-2021 11:57 AM

I'm pretty much stuck on the same music as always:

Real classic country, 1940s to 1970s + a few after that
Western/cowboy, Tyson, Ledoux, Edwards, etc
Celtic/Gaelic, real organic stuff not high production "Celtic Women" etc
Folk music, Seekers, etc

LT7A 02-25-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8885222)
So if I don't have my music the radio is off and I'm thinking about what is going on.

X2

I usually use the road to unwind my mind and then sometimes throw music in the mix to suit the mood. If there's traffic though, I usually don't want anything to add to the mood, haha.

cwcarpenter98 02-25-2021 01:32 PM

I listen to music a lot. Growing up it was either classic rock or country. For most of high school though, I was not a big fan of the country music that was being played on the radio, so it was classic rock 90% of the time.

Then I got Spotify and started listening to the good, old country more. I can sit and listen to Eric Church songs all day. By far, his music is my favorite to listen to.

I've also listened to some other genres and have found some songs that I like.

There's a good country station in Milledgeville (102.3 I think) that I have playing most of the time I'm at home. It's a mix of old and new country, but isn't heavily weighted towards one or the other

FleetsidePaul 02-25-2021 01:53 PM

I like to crank up my music when I drive. Unless my wife is in the car. Then I'm not allowed. :cuss:

The Rocknrod 02-25-2021 01:58 PM

KEQX Pure Country, Dublin, Texas.

Rich84 02-25-2021 02:02 PM

XM, Pandora on shuffle, My own collection of about 2500 songs, Sports talk radio. I don't like the quiet very much. But when I'm driving either of my to old trucks I just listen to them mostly.

70STOVEBOLT 02-25-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8885207)
XM when I am in the 4Runner. Mainly 60's - 80's music with Hair Nation and Ozzy's Boneyard thrown in. Or, I'll flip over to the old time radio station and listen to Gunsmoke, Johnny Dollar, Six Shooter, etc.

In the shop I just bluetooth my phone to the stereo and listen to my Spotify. Anything from classic country to motown. Depends upon my mood. But I can say, when I listen to Thin Lizzy and Blackberry Smoke the neighbors do as well. One liked it so much they threw a rock through the window so they could hear better. :metal:

If it's too loud, you're too old!

FleetsidePaul 02-25-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70STOVEBOLT (Post 8885304)
If it's too loud, you're too old!

I'm too old and I still like it loud. Really loud. That's probably the reason that I don't hear too well.