The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

Blakeman350 08-09-2015 05:16 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Maybe someone can rotate those pics, I don't know how

Wrecker55 08-09-2015 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
coat of wax on my newly lettered side boards

In The Ten Ring 08-09-2015 09:38 PM

Had the original owner's help (my dad :chevy: ) and we removed the heater core. It was only held by the outer bolts and gasket.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...psiwg1wsbj.jpg

88Stanger 08-10-2015 12:24 AM

sand blast, sand blast and more sand blast. i hate sand now. Still not done....

midniteblues 08-10-2015 06:57 PM

[quote=VWNate1;7268022]As usual , I see a lot of good , hard work here .

About your hood springs : if you bead blast them , they prolly won't hold the hood open anymore .

Agreed stretching for cleaning and re painting is good idea but they tend to loose tension when blasted , leaf springs do too .

that makes sense so i figured i'll take a differnt aproach to derusting these springs.
so i took a lil' time too construct a electrolisis tote/tank;) after all the only thing i needed was the washing soda.
so off too wally world the wifey an i went(cant go there without the woman) and of course their "super washing soda"shelf was empty but her cart was full of everything i didnt go there for;).
so i had the wife ask'm if anymore was in the store....of course not...three differnt stores and an hour 20 min later i had two boxes in my hand. also paid the wifey the dollar i owed her after i lost the bet that the next store wouldnt have any either.
kinda followed instructions that the big kid wrote down and posted in the garage a few years ago on how too set the tank/tote up.

I set it up and proceded too grill dinner(not anywhere near the tank) after dinner it got late quick but i checked in the dark an i saw bubbles:metal:.

so after work today i was all giddy about clean hood springs i ran over to check on my 2 springs hanging in the tank and boy did they look more rusty than before.....but wait a minute i have nice clean rebar????:lol: so i came in too do a search and wouldnt you know it the kids instructions on the leads were backwards:banghead:. so i fixed the leads and cranked the charger up.i guess i can be giddy again tomarrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Stanger (Post 7268859)
sand blast, sand blast and more sand blast. i hate sand now. Still not done....

just wait you'll be sleeping in bed and STILL FEEL SAND:devil:
my driveway still looks like the beach.

SIXT8LOU 08-11-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamjet (Post 7256131)
I have to bring this thread back to the top.. I made my fuel line for the 3x2 set up, and I installed my NOS AM/FM/ 8 track player, but for the radio I need to find a hidden antenna for the radio part. the cowl was never drilled for an antenna and I'm not drilling it after 46 years of it being that way..Neil Young! the good old days!!!!

Wow thats a NOS 8 track player? never seen one of those before...didnt know they came from the factory like that.!

hamjet 08-11-2015 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIXT8LOU (Post 7270022)
Wow thats a NOS 8 track player? never seen one of those before...didnt know they came from the factory like that.!

I opologize if I gave the wrong impression it was factory. I bought it brand new in a stapled box at a flea market. Its an Audiovox from the 70s..

mike16 08-11-2015 11:45 PM

I added another qt of oil

jethro5333 08-13-2015 08:29 AM

ordered a bunch of parts. new fuel tank (mine has been sitting for 15 years...nasty), rear bumper, shoulder strap seat belts, and a lot of little stuff. trying hard to get this thing back on the road.

jethro5333 08-13-2015 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
so far so good

fartblossom 08-13-2015 09:35 AM

I scared the crap out of myself. After coming out of a restaurant last night, where I had backed my longbed into a parking space, I cranked it and a cloud of white smoke drifted by. I thought "oh crap, somethings wrong with my valve stem seals." Drove it home, let it sit for a couple of hours, cranked it and absolutely no smoke. Realized when I backed in at the restaurant, my exhausts were past the curb, and with no rain for 32 days, I had blown up a dirt storm.

DOH.

dzbowtie 08-13-2015 11:25 AM

Today, I completed connecting my horn along with aftermarket steering wheel from Lecarra. Also gave the ol girl some fresh oil, and added crush washers under the center-bolt valve cover bolts to stop that pesky leaking. Also, big thanks to those in the electrical section for their help with my novice horn questions!

Andy4639 08-13-2015 06:12 PM

Had a local guy come to the house and detailed it. Cleaned it up very nicely! Truck looks killer in the sunlight. We touched up the front of the hood and the bumper both.
Fixing to put some clear bra on it I hope in a week are so.
:chevy:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/S0125244.JPG

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/S0155247.JPG

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/S0165248.JPG

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/S0175249.JPG

magwakeenercew2jh 08-13-2015 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me, too, Andy.

Drove to Oakhurst (fifteen miles one way) to have a detailer look at it.

Needs to be polished out after living a few years under the same cover.
I can do some stuff. But I know what I *can't* do. I don't know how to do that correctly.

Polishing is an art...Especially dodging those "on top of the clearcoat"
stripes.

The cover it has been under is a good one, but it's going south now.
Needs some shine from a pro.

Pro job: $250. Ouch. Made the appointment. There goes my gas money.

Andy4639 08-13-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh (Post 7272987)
Me, too, Andy.

Drove to Oakhurst (fifteen miles one way) to have a detailer look at it.

Needs to be polished out after living a few years under the same cover.
I can do some stuff. But I know what I *can't* do. I don't know how to do that correctly.

Polishing is an art...Especially dodging those "on top of the clearcoat"
stripes.

The cover it has been under is a good one, but it's going south now.
Needs some shine from a pro.

Pro job: $250. Ouch. Made the appointment. There goes my gas money.

Mine was $150.00! I thought it was high but after watching him do his magic I was very pleased with it. He started at 8am this morning and was almost 1PM when he finished.
He washed the truck and cleaned the tires and wheels. Polished the lip of the wheels and then touched up the front of the hood, bumper and a couple of other spots. He did a three step job. He used a rag instead of the clay bar made to do the same as the clay but he can rinse it out every so often to get the grit out of it. Then polished and sealed it.

magwakeenercew2jh 08-13-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 7273007)
Mine was $150.00! I thought it was high but after watching him do his magic I was very pleased with it. He started at 8am this morning and was almost 1PM when he finished.

Right. One more disadvantage in living in California is that everything, even in my little burg, is higher than elsewhere in the country.

Maybe not a dinner out in NYC, but you know what I mean.

When I was driving up there, I was thinking, "Well, if it's $100, I'd be happy." "If it's $150, I'll still do it." "But, if he says anything over $150, I'm out."

Then, I began to think about the referrals I've had from people I trust, the pictures on his "site", seeing the work on cars he's done at car shows...
And seeing the cars of all kinds in his shop...not just upscale Ferraris...but Soccer Mom vehicles...I like that. Then, figuring from what he says, he's
on it at 9:00 a.m. on the day in question...no one else doing it but him... and RAT'll be done no earlier than 4:00 p.m.

That's $35.71/hr. His rental space and equipment and materials. Plus, I haven't done anything to the paint since It was new.
Time for a polish and seal and a new cover.

$250's a big bite for me. But I'm bellying up to the bar.

Andy4639 08-13-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh (Post 7273016)
Right. One more disadvantage in living in California is that everything, even in my little burg, is higher than elsewhere in the country.

Maybe not a dinner out in NYC, but you know what I mean.

When I was driving up there, I was thinking, "Well, if it's $100, I'd be happy." "If it's $150, I'll still do it." "But, if he says anything over $150, I'm out."

Then, I began to think about the referrals I've had from people I trust, the pictures on his "site", seeing the work on cars he's done at car shows...
And seeing the cars of all kinds in his shop...not just upscale Ferraris...but Soccer Mom vehicles...I like that. Then, figuring from what he says, he's
on it at 9:00 a.m. on the day in question...no one else doing it but him... and RAT'll be done no earlier than 4:00 p.m.

That's $35.71/hr. His rental space and equipment and materials. Plus, I haven't done anything to the paint since It was new.
Time for a polish and seal and a new cover.

$250's a big bite for me. But I'm bellying up to the bar.

I agree 100%. It will be amazing after he's done to I bet. Make sure and post some pictures when you get it done. I like that color to by the way. That was my 2nd choice when I had mine painted.
After seeing his work and talking to several people I went by and talked to him several weeks ago. He does good work and he takes his time. Leaving on a weeks vacation in the morning so when I get back I hope to have a clear bra put on the front of the hood and bumper also.

ole dollor 08-14-2015 12:49 PM

[QUOTE=Andy4639;7272977]Had a local guy come to the house and detailed it. Cleaned it up very nicely! Truck looks killer in the sunlight. We touched up the front of the hood and the bumper both.
Fixing to put some clear bra on it I hope in a week are so.

as nice as that truck is I did not think it needed any thing . its really got a shine now......I like it a lot...Don

dwreck812 08-14-2015 10:48 PM

Figured out what type of 350 is in my truck learned I'll need to rebuild the rear end cleaned up my spark plug wires changed a headlight switch and fixed a couple of side markers

jethro5333 08-15-2015 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
new moldings. same crappy camera.

88fordf150 08-15-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro5333 (Post 7274742)
new moldings. same crappy camera.

Molding looks nice!!

Bomp 08-15-2015 05:40 PM

laid down some sealer on a bed side that I shortened.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...psctcgoohi.jpghttp://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...pspuyuhcpn.jpg

BossHogg69 08-15-2015 06:30 PM

fartblossom 08-15-2015 10:49 PM

I finally achieved light bulb nirvana this weekend. After replacing flashers, connectors, bulbs, sockets and lenses, every STINKING bulb is now working. Even the fiber optic lit column gear indicator, and the glove box light.

pritch 08-16-2015 12:52 AM

I finally got around to installing some valve stem extenders so I can air up my tires without taking off the wheel covers. And I discovered that my trailer wires plug was shot, so I got a new one and put it on. After I hauled two loads to the dump, of course:waah:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55...pszoczmdar.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55...pshztmkjlu.jpg

And, after finding my front-side brake fluid res empty once again, I've come to the decision that I must have a brake fluid leak. First time, maybe I forgot to fill it up after my brake job. Second time was probably out-right denial. Third time is the charm. I got a leak.:waah::waah: