The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Who has pics of survivor Blazers? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=584788)

DeadheadNM 06-15-2013 03:09 PM

Who has pics of survivor Blazers?

Couldn't find a thread on survivor Blazers. Let's see 'em if you got 'em. Thanks.

CMACDONALD1 06-15-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Who has pics of survivor Blazers?

1 Attachment(s)
here is one I had about 4 years ago and sold at a weak moment. other than the lift and tires it was bone stock with original paint. Man i wish i would not have sold that truck. I owned it for 3 years and was probably approached 75 times to see if I would sell it.

JeffD72 06-15-2013 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my 71 medium olive Blazer. The original engine has been rebuilt, some minor paint work on the front of the driver's side quarter just behind the door 30 plus years ago. Other than those things and the rallel wheels, it is original. It was originally purchased in Colorado and came out east about 15 years back, almost no rust.

DeadheadNM 06-15-2013 09:07 PM

Nice!! Any chance you guys have some interior pics to share? I'm finishing a resto on my K20 and am looking next to a Blazer build. Years ago I sold a 71 4wd Blazer and look forward to owning another. Thanks for the pics.

bouncytruck 06-16-2013 01:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's my 72. 98% original. The front seats were recovered at one point, it has a small lift (but I have everything to convert back). I installed the ash tray/cupholder conversion kit and a soft top. Still has the factory marks on the firewall and the completion date on the inner fender. Had 103K miles when I got it, now around 143K.

Vintage Windmills 06-16-2013 01:58 PM

Nice blazers fellas! Subscribed.

Rickey 06-16-2013 02:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here a picture of mine. Got it from a lady that had it for 20 yrs.

68GMCburban 06-17-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffD72 (Post 6125102)
Here's my 71 medium olive Blazer. The original engine has been rebuilt, some minor paint work on the front of the driver's side quarter just behind the door 30 plus years ago. Other than those things and the rallel wheels, it is original. It was originally purchased in Colorado and came out east about 15 years back, almost no rust.

Nice! Yours looks exactly like the one I had. Makes me miss mine even more. A buddy of mine had been bugging me for a while to sell it to him, so I sent it down the road since I wasn't doing anything with it.

69-72 06-17-2013 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine, still has most of the original paint, spends most of its miles hauling me around camping all summer
Posted via Mobile Device

Wasted Income 06-17-2013 09:17 AM

It's not as nice as the ones already posted in this thread, but it's a 99% rust free, 100% original survivor. Or at least it was before I hacked it up ;)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...722c0a1a6c.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...d7332f1869.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...5670bc1143.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...9794391ef3.jpg

DeadheadNM 06-17-2013 10:48 AM

Great pics - keep them coming! I'd like to see some more interiors also....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasted Income (Post 6127471)
It's not as nice as the ones already posted in this thread, but it's a 99% rust free, 100% original survivor. Or at least it was before I hacked it up ;)

LOL! I've got the carburetor from this Blazer IIRC...

DeadheadNM 06-17-2013 10:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a "survivor" of sorts I'm hoping to purchase in the near future:

Wasted Income 06-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 6127591)
LOL! I've got the carburetor from this Blazer IIRC...

You sure do :lol:

pitbull31 06-18-2013 03:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

warbucket 06-20-2013 08:17 PM

Not mine but I just met this guy and he's only 1/2 mile from me. So far I've found four blazers in my town.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psb05931da.jpg

briank 06-20-2013 10:33 PM

Warbucket I like that one. Should talk him in to joining the site so I can see more of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

asolde 06-21-2013 09:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's mine it came from a ranch up in grand junction Colorado. I did convert to power steering but can easily be changed back. The ralleys are not original I would like to find some stock wheels and hub caps. I have put a original radio back in it. I had the seats done in original fabric.

JeffD72 06-22-2013 09:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 6125239)
Nice!! Any chance you guys have some interior pics to share? I'm finishing a resto on my K20 and am looking next to a Blazer build. Years ago I sold a 71 4wd Blazer and look forward to owning another. Thanks for the pics.

Here are a few pictures of mhy interior, sorry for the poor quality(BlackBerry phone camera sucks). I just pit in new carpet and a new dash pad. All else is original, just with a good cleaning. My next project is to replace the front seat covers.

Jeff

warbucket 06-22-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffD72 (Post 6137332)
Here are a few pictures of mhy interior, sorry for the poor quality(BlackBerry phone camera sucks). I just pit in new carpet and a new dash pad. All else is original, just with a good cleaning. My next project is to replace the front seat covers.

Jeff

Very nice Jeff, My 72 has the same color combo as yours. I can't wait till next Monday because it's finally going to paint.

DeadheadNM 06-22-2013 10:58 PM

Nice collection of Blazers!! Thanks for posting!

JeffD72 06-23-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warbucket (Post 6137375)
Very nice Jeff, My 72 has the same color combo as yours. I can't wait till next Monday because it's finally going to paint.

Thanks, looking forward to your pictures once paint work is done. I wasn't a huge fan of the medium olive metallic before I bought this, but now I love it. I also really like the ochre!

stomper 06-26-2013 04:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is mine when I bought it in 2007. Some repaint on the very back rear quarter and duct tape covers the rust holes forward of the rear wheels. Otherwise pretty solid. I took a pic after I cleaned up the tub for new carpet. It already had aftermarket cut pile - original carpet was long gone. After a few years i couldn't resist it anymore and added a 4" lift and 33's. Used slots for a more vintage survivor look.

weekendwarrior3169 07-03-2013 12:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This is my 1971 K5 CST Blazer. It was bought new in the fall of 1970 by my Dad at Wagnor Chevrolet in Wausean Oh. It has factory air tach 4 speed trans. It is all stock except the 4'' supension lift. I got the truck about 22 years ago. First thing I did was lift it and Dad about crapped, but after I was done he admitted he liked it.

I drove it for about 6 years or so but life happened and it was parked. Now the kids are almost grown and its time to get started. Being from the north orginally and now in Kentucky it has some rust issues. Rockers are gone needs some lower quarters replaced as far as metal work. I have slowly started the tear down but it will be slow go as time is not something I have much of. I plan on putting it back to original as possible of course except for the suspension and tires (pretty sure im going up more with it). Maybe in 10 years or so I will get it finished. Anyway here are a few pics of my survivor.

RANDY COX 07-03-2013 07:56 AM

Wow very nice,I miss the ole blaze I had yrs ago.

Senorx 09-12-2014 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is mine considered a "survivor"? I haven't been able to find any rot. Maybe just surface rust. It has the original 350 still in it, which will be restored to its original state. It looks like it pretty much just needs a stock air cleaner and some TLC. Already found the air cleaner. Thanks, DeadHeadNM. ;)