The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612422)

texas67chevy 11-03-2014 08:36 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

5 Attachment(s)
Got rid of these ugly humps on the radiator support, ran out of co2 for the welder so couldn't finish. Also sanded on the firewall a little bit.

BrianG 11-03-2014 09:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Brought it home...

KMC3420 11-03-2014 09:59 PM

I turned the psi way down on my sandblaster and blasted a spare fender just to see how it would do. Surprisingly it worked very well. No warping. Psi was about 50. Took longer than usual but I am happy with the results. I kept the media flowing almost parrarel to the panel, barely touching the panel. I am confident I can blast most of my panels this way.

keh27 11-03-2014 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
we reinstalled the cab tonight

CST10 11-04-2014 06:10 PM

Drove mine.

ole dollor 11-04-2014 06:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
tinted my windows and did some int. work . ordered a new dash pad and it should be here in a few days...here are some pic's of the window tint..

magwakeenercew2jh 11-04-2014 09:14 PM

That's a REAL TRUCK, ole.

Nice work.

colgad 11-05-2014 12:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Shortened a Kodiak front axle by 10 inches and got it under my C50 today. Not mounted yet but closer than it's ever been.

I have a TopKick rear frame section welded in and the Super Singles on. All the hugh drums are gone. 4 wheel disk brakes, dual 2.8" piston calipers on each wheel. 445-50-22.5 rear 275-70-22.5 front

Wildcard 11-05-2014 01:06 AM

Ordered a New fiberglass front Rollpan for the 67 yesterday.

Wildcard

BugzC10 11-05-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colgad (Post 6904318)
Shortened a Kodiak front axle by 10 inches and got it under my C50 today. Not mounted yet but closer than it's ever been.

I have a TopKick rear frame section welded in and the Super Singles on. All the hugh drums are gone. 4 wheel disk brakes, dual 2.8" piston calipers on each wheel. 445-50-22.5 rear 275-70-22.5 front

Wow...what a monster. :metal: Love it! Do you have a built thread to follow?

colgad 11-05-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugzC10 (Post 6904473)
Wow...what a monster. :metal: Love it! Do you have a built thread to follow?

No build thread sorry, maybe after the fact.

I honestly can't stand the pressure of the what have you done ... huh where's the pic's... why didn't you do xyz. So Ill post it all after.

I know your on the other coast but were having a little C10 get together this weekend if your up to a trip. PM me if your interested.

ole dollor 11-05-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh (Post 6904052)
That's a REAL TRUCK, ole.

Nice work.

thanks a bunch, will show the interior when I get the dash pad in...

73737373 11-05-2014 02:26 PM

Fixed the lights, fixed the lights, fixed the lights!!! ...every single one of them; from the license plate to the headlights and everything in between including the shift indicator and factory cab roof lights!!! Halleluliah!!!

ole dollor 11-05-2014 08:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well I got the new dash pad in today after lunch, and got it installed and I think it looks great. lot better than the one with duct tape lol. here are the pic's of the pad and a few other things I have done to the insides of ole dollor....

magwakeenercew2jh 11-05-2014 10:38 PM

Are those keys hanging from that little chain to the left at the bottom of the dash?

Speakin' of "hangin", you have some tasty stuff on your garage walls.

texjake 11-05-2014 10:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I removed the only good board left in the bed to use as a pattern to cut the radius around the wheel wells. I got a late start on it today and was dark-thirty by the time I finished getting the good board out. Damn daylight savings time! lol

Steeveedee 11-05-2014 11:34 PM

I've had a high power bogging situation for awhile now, but haven't really had time to address it until today (retired last Friday!). Turns out that the plastic cam that lifts the secondary jets when the secondary air valve opens was broken. I found two pieces in the channel between the secondary bores. I guess the rest went out the tail pipe. Air valve opens with no enrichment, truck slows down on full throttle. Lame. It'll be a ton quicker tomorrow. :burnout:

It up shifts too early, as well. Guess I'll have to replace/adjust the vacuum modulator. Second gear scratch for sure.

ole dollor 11-06-2014 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh (Post 6905414)
Are those keys hanging from that little chain to the left at the bottom of the dash?

Speakin' of "hangin", you have some tasty stuff on your garage walls.

yes on the chain is a folding church key ,and the gas cap key and the tool box key . its hanging on the parking brake handle. I do need more wall space , I have another 200 caps that I have no place to hang them. and a lot more wall hangers that need to be hung up , but no room. wish I had a bigger shop to play in.

ole dollor 11-06-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texjake (Post 6905451)
I removed the only good board left in the bed to use as a pattern to cut the radius around the wheel wells. I got a late start on it today and was dark-thirty by the time I finished getting the good board out. Damn daylight savings time! lol

William once you get all the wood out , it not to bad from there on, mine came out real easy but my son was doing most of the work, we had it out in no time...putting it back in was really kind of fun , and that new wood looks great .

texjake 11-06-2014 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ole dollor (Post 6905548)
William once you get all the wood out , it not to bad from there on, mine came out real easy but my son was doing most of the work, we had it out in no time...putting it back in was really kind of fun , and that new wood looks great .

Hey Don, nice work on the new dash pad. I hope yours turned out a lot better than mine did. I wasn't too crazy about how mine fit once I got it installed. It's too short on the ends & it's kinda flimsy feeling and dang sure doesn't fit like the original one did. I got mine from Brothers and I'm not real happy with it, but too late to do anything about it now. As most of us know, you have to gut the complete dash to remove & install a new dash pad in these old trucks.

I agree, once all the old wood, strips & rusty bolts are out I am hoping the easy part is putting the new wood, strips and bolts back in. When my wood boards are finished getting milled & cut, I'm taking my truck out to a friends shop & we are going to use his car lift to lift the bed off the frame & torch the remaining rusty bolts off. That will make it so much easier!

BugzC10 11-06-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 6905498)
I've had a high power bogging situation for awhile now, but haven't really had time to address it until today (retired last Friday!). Turns out that the plastic cam that lifts the secondary jets when the secondary air valve opens was broken. I found two pieces in the channel between the secondary bores. I guess the rest went out the tail pipe. Air valve opens with no enrichment, truck slows down on full throttle. Lame. It'll be a ton quicker tomorrow. :burnout:

It up shifts too early, as well. Guess I'll have to replace/adjust the vacuum modulator. Second gear scratch for sure.

Congratulation on retiring.

magwakeenercew2jh 11-09-2014 05:38 PM

After a SPID-ectomy, I took RAT for a ride to the local slop-shop for lunch.
Seems that every time I look at the SPID, I have to make a new one due to some goofy mod I've made...or....

http://magwa.smugmug.com/Sunday-Driv...2013.50.00.jpg

SPID and Sunday drive shots:

http://magwa.smugmug.com/Sunday-Drive/

Andy4639 11-09-2014 07:42 PM

Took mine to breafast yesterday with some friends and then drove it to work tonight.:chevy:

texjake 11-09-2014 09:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I painted my new metal strips for my wood bed today, before the cold blast moves in this week! It's a before & after pics.

texasld 11-09-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texjake (Post 6909838)
I painted my new metal strips for my wood bed today, before the cold blast moves in this week! It's a before & after pics.

Looks good, who did you get your wood from?