The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   67-72 bucket seat pic thread, stock, aftermarket, pics and stories (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=501399)

69C-owner 01-03-2012 01:37 AM

67-72 bucket seat pic thread, stock, aftermarket, pics and stories

Well title says most of it, post pics, stories, before and afters. Bench to bucket, making old buckets new, if you now have buckets or plan on gettin some lets hear about it and even better lets see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

flashed 01-03-2012 01:57 PM

Re: 67-72 bucket seat pic thread, stock, aftermarket, pics and stories

Im going with BuddyBuckets in my 72 instead of the original bench ,they are sitting in my home office just waiting for the truck to come home from the bodyshop.There is a pic of them on a post here about BuddyBuckets but I dont know how to move it to here as someone else had to post it for me. My seats were given to me by a friend that didnt know what they were and he didnt like them anyway.I had them recovered in black tweed and vinyl .My wife loves to come in and sit on them while Im surfing the net ,she cant believe how good they sit.

barryvanhook 01-10-2012 02:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My truck had a 97 60-40 seat when I got it. It was ugly and uncomfortable. So I picked up a set of 74 (I believe) buckets along with a console. I SEM-ed the console and arm rests to match the new seats, doors, headliner, etc., upholstery. I'm pretty happy with the results ... they've been in for about a year or so. The only thing I should have changed would have been to have the upholstery guy reduce and form the bottom and back cushion foam to make more of a "bucket" ... this would hold me in place a bit better as well as give just a skosh more room.

Barry

CC69Rat 01-10-2012 09:04 AM

^^ Looks awesome. Me likey.

70chevroletCST 10-02-2012 06:42 PM

Very nice :)
Posted via Mobile Device

MusicMan70 10-02-2012 08:31 PM

BVH those seats came out nice! What did it run may I ask?

med.bronze 10-02-2012 09:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
here's mine for my '72. I recovered the seats about 5 years ago. The drivers side is actually from the passenger side of a '72 blazer since the original drivers side seat was beyond repair. The cab is sitting on it's back since I am cleaning up the bottom of it before the body work gets done. The console now is sporting nos shoulder belt holders.:metal:

haysonj 10-02-2012 09:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I got one of the seats in a parts truck I liked the comfort level so I spent about a month looking in wreaking yards until I found the passenger one. I made the little jump seat in the center and it folds forward to expose the Amp. Everything in the cab is covered in leather.

jocko 10-02-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by med.bronze (Post 5625871)
here's mine for my '72. I recovered the seats about 5 years ago. The drivers side is actually from the passenger side of a '72 blazer since the original drivers side seat was beyond repair. The cab is sitting on it's back since I am cleaning up the bottom of it before the body work gets done. The console now is sporting nos shoulder belt holders.:metal:

NOS shoulder belt holders!?!?! MORE INFO POR FAVOR!!! i.e. "how cool is that?"

med.bronze 10-02-2012 10:15 PM

if I could get my wife to help me with scanning I could try a post a picture of them from the factory assembly manual.

med.bronze 10-02-2012 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here it is in the bottom right in "view b". sorry, I couldn't figure out how to turn the picture

1972SUPERSB 10-02-2012 11:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my buckets and console from the truck I just picked up about 2 weeks ago. 1 question, are the pockets in the console to store the lap seat belts? I also wondered what the holes were in the front of the console. I guess they are holders for the shoulder belts or lap belts? . Does anyone have a pic to how the belts are supposed to store in the pockets of the console? I love these buckets. I cant wait to see more pics of them on this thread. Thanks

KyFarm 10-03-2012 07:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Started with black cover bench with driver side springs shot. Found a new seat bottom (different bolt pattern) and got the cover from vendor here (truckseats) and had it re-stuffed. I was planning on keeping it even though I always liked buckets, then had this set of buckets just drop in my lap right here in my area so I couldn't pass them up. Gonna swap in the buckets here this fall after I get my corn picked. Figure I might as well go ahead and do some floor insulating,and maybe fire wall and doors, at the same time. Dynamat here I come....

how do you put text between pictures btw

msgdsrf 10-03-2012 10:08 AM

Thanks for posting. I needed the inspiration right now.

Moving on to the interior work....

missinfishin10 10-03-2012 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I started with a ratty old bench seat. Bought my buckets from a board member here. I couldn't be happier! Can't wait to get my truck on the road. Getting closer every day!

j ripper 10-03-2012 06:50 PM

Here is my set in my 67. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for the carpet that hangs down over the fuel tank? I have corner piece for the pass side.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...1F8A7A9CBB.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

missinfishin10 10-03-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j ripper (Post 5627451)
Here is my set in my 67. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for the carpet that hangs down over the fuel tank? I have corner piece for the pass side.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...1F8A7A9CBB.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

x2?

KyFarm 10-03-2012 08:41 PM

I have gotten some parts from a guy that sells parts for 67-72 chevy's here in KY.

He has the carpets that cover gas tanks. Or at least did last time I talked to him.

His name and #: Sonny 270)487-6838