The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Ebay Warning - Avoid 69powderkeg (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=392907)

AusTx68 03-18-2010 08:22 PM

Ebay Warning - Avoid 69powderkeg

**** deleted ****

special-K 03-18-2010 08:25 PM

Re: Ebay Warning - Avoid 69powderkeg

What`s your user name on Ebay?What a rip off!

AusTx68 03-18-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 3868574)
What`s your user name on Ebay?What a rip off!

Mine is joe-in-manor

Here is the original auction I won:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_958wt_732

Sinister 03-18-2010 08:36 PM

Sorry to hear that. For parts like that I think your better off dealing with Board members.

OARNGESI 03-18-2010 08:53 PM

thats not the same pic different year latches too

byrd 03-18-2010 08:53 PM

The first auction listing is for a 71-2 latch, you won a 67-8 latch, not the same thing.
I agree with orangesi that IS NOT the same pic.

I have dealt with this guy a few times 4-5 and every time the transaction has been flawless, and he was very prompt to ship and respond if needed.

This is copied and pasted from the listing and he is very clear about the insurance.

.INSURANCE IS AN OPTION & IF NOT PURCHASED I WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING.i try to pack really well using one or more of the following-bubble wrap,peanuts,air bags & paper...

I am sorry you are having problems with the shipper and hope you can get it settled, but I do not think it is right to bash this guy on this board because he shipped a part that has gotten lost in the shuffle, happens EVERY DAY.
It still may show up.

AusTx68 03-18-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byrd (Post 3868646)
I have dealt with this guy a few times 4-5 and every time the transaction has been flawless, and he was very prompt to ship and respond if needed.

This is copied and pasted from the listing and he is very clear about the insurance.

.INSURANCE IS AN OPTION & IF NOT PURCHASED I WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING.i try to pack really well using one or more of the following-bubble wrap,peanuts,air bags & paper...

I am sorry you are having problems with the shipper and hope you can get it settled, but I do not think it is right to bash this guy on this board because he shipped a part that has gotten lost in the shuffle, happens EVERY DAY.
It still may show up.

You are right..I was pissed an got ahead of myself. Still, it's only right to provide a refund. I could see insuring a high dollar product. I'll edit out my original posting

eightbanger 03-18-2010 09:26 PM

Wow saw the title "Avoid 69powderkeg" and thought I know that name....I hate hearing when deals go sour, especially when I've dealt with this guy a few times, for hood hinges, hood latch upper and lower...all separate deals, and all without a problem.
Hope it comes to a satisfactory conclusion for you AusTx68.

thepenguin99 03-18-2010 09:33 PM

Sucks you had a bad experience. Just an FYI though you should never have to pay for extra insurance on any item on ebay. It doesn't matter what the seller puts in his ebay ad. He is responsible for the item arriving and being in the advertised condition. Paypal will back you up on that 90% of the time, the other 10% your cc will.

LockDoc 03-18-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusTx68 (Post 3868652)
You are right..I was pissed an got ahead of myself. Still, it's only right to provide a refund. I could see insuring a high dollar product. I'll edit out my original posting

With all due respect, as long as he has the insurance disclaimer and you chose not to buy insurance no matter what the price of the part was, you are on your own. I sell stuff on eBay and under the same circumstances I would not provide a refund either.... The seller doesn't have any more control over what USPS, UPS, or any other shipper does any more than you do. That's why insurance is an option for the buyer.

Just my 2¢ worth.

LockDoc

COACHMEASON 03-18-2010 10:08 PM

Did he provide a tracking number?

msgross 03-18-2010 10:11 PM

moved to proper area....

that's why I always pay for insurance and when I sell I figure insurance into the shipping so there isn't an option to opt out...

weircc 03-18-2010 10:34 PM

i bought my latch from him too everything went smooth sorry you had bad go around

AusTx68 03-19-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 3868781)
With all due respect, as long as he has the insurance disclaimer and you chose not to buy insurance no matter what the price of the part was, you are on your own. I sell stuff on eBay and under the same circumstances I would not provide a refund either.... The seller doesn't have any more control over what USPS, UPS, or any other shipper does any more than you do. That's why insurance is an option for the buyer.

Just my 2¢ worth.

LockDoc

My final note to him was an apology for overacting. You are right, he has no control. I cancelled my claim and asked him to request a feedback revision. In the end I will eat the loss. That sucks. Live and Learn.

eightbanger 03-19-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusTx68 (Post 3869495)
My final note to him was an apology for overacting. You are right, he has no control. I cancelled my claim and asked him to request a feedback revision. In the end I will eat the loss. That sucks. Live and Learn.

It really does suck, big time! but you were big enough to realise and admit it was not his fault....it's just the risk we all run, to insure or not to insure.
I hope you get a really sweet deal on something else down the line that cancels this one out.;)

entourageguy 03-19-2010 09:39 PM

Shipping insurance is the seller responsibility no matter what he puts as a disclaimer in his ad. Receiving the item in good shape is up to the seller.
I always work the insurance into my items $$ as well.