The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Brothers Truck Parts - Dissapointment (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=694495)

YukonXL04 01-12-2016 02:03 PM

Brothers Truck Parts - Dissapointment

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys, This is my experience with Brothers

My wife ordered me some parts for my 1950 Chevy 3100 for Christmas.

Various different parts Ordered on 12/8/15
Nothing showed back ordered on the shipped email, it said everything had shipped.

Most items arrived before Christmas. The Headliner and Passenger side taillight had not. My wife called to see why and they said they were on back order and they just came in. Will ship ASAP. Yet the shipped email showed everything in stock and shipped.
My wife was very upset because they were not here for Christmas.

The Headliner and Passenger light ended up getting here on the 28th.
I opened the taillight boxes to notice 2 completely different lights. I called Brothers to check on it, they said they would ship the correct light out on 12/31/15 and once it arrived we would work out returning the bad one.

12/31/15 I got a notice saying the light had shipped.

Now 1/12/16 that light hasn't shown up yet. I called Brothers to see why and they said they don't know. They show the light hasn't actually shipped. I asked why I received an email saying it had. They guy on the phone was clueless and said it would ship out today. Still waiting and hoping this light shows up soon.

So far I am very disappointing in there shipping and customer service department.

Here are some pictures showing the 2 different lights.
The light in the left in all the pictures is the driver side. The light in the right is the passenger side.

dwcsr 01-12-2016 11:19 PM

Re: Brothers Truck Parts - Dissapointment

The left one is for restorations and has the original cloth wire and may even have a 6v bulb in it. The right is for 12V.

YukonXL04 01-13-2016 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcsr (Post 7445606)
The left one is for restorations and has the original cloth wire and may even have a 6v bulb in it. The right is for 12V.

Both light came with 6v and 12v bulbs. Any reason for no cork to seal the right? Or the much darker lens? Also notice on the 3rd picture on the right and top of the right light, there is a large gap between the stainless face trim and the black housing.

Funny thing the left one has a plastic lens, and the right is a glass lens.

I received another email tonight saying it shipped, but no tracking as promised. We shall see if it shows up.

lilpoindexter 01-13-2016 09:59 PM

Read up on Brothers here in the reviews. Your experience is not unique.

dwcsr 01-13-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonXL04 (Post 7445691)
Both light came with 6v and 12v bulbs. Any reason for no cork to seal the right? Or the much darker lens? Also notice on the 3rd picture on the right and top of the right light, there is a large gap between the stainless face trim and the black housing.

Funny thing the left one has a plastic lens, and the right is a glass lens.

I received another email tonight saying it shipped, but no tracking as promised. We shall see if it shows up.

I suspect those or at least one was a return and re box. Often returns come back missing pieces or in the wrong packages.

YukonXL04 01-19-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcsr (Post 7446853)
I suspect those or at least one was a return and re box. Often returns come back missing pieces or in the wrong packages.

That is kind of what it looks like.

So next update.

1/19/16 The light still hasn't shown up yet, I called brothers yet again. They said the same thing, it hasn't shipped yet... they don't know why... they will make sure it goes out and send me a tracking number...

CRAZY!!!

YukonXL04 01-26-2016 03:46 PM

Final update.

The correct light finally showed up on 1/22
So all is finally well... 6 weeks and 4 days later LOL!

special-K 01-29-2016 07:05 AM

Sounds like all the problems that come from being a big company. Lack of accountability, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, lack of follow-up communication with troubled orders, automatically sent e-mails whether accurate or not. Inefficiency robs company money. Something a small company strives to avoid and a big company accepts as calculated loss

TJ's Chevy 02-09-2016 12:54 AM

Never ordering from them that's for sure. Thanks for posting.

68chevytruck 02-13-2016 03:54 PM

i did their one piece glass for my doors on my 68, i love the look but the quality of the kit and how i had to make it work for my truck was terrible. also, not happy with the window sashs and chrome that came with my kit. very dissapointed but now that its done i have no other options