The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ford Mustange Mach E (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=813173)

72c20customcamper 10-13-2020 06:58 PM

Ford Mustange Mach E

1 Attachment(s)
Why would they call it a mustang? Looks like the Blazer and every other SUV out there.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021.html

truckster 10-13-2020 07:04 PM

Re: Ford Mustange Mach E

Hey, if GM can call what it sells now a Blazer, why not call this thing a Mustang?

Ziegelsteinfaust 10-13-2020 08:02 PM

I really doubt it is a Mustang. Will it be able to have the wheel speed nesacary to run over people leaving car shows?

special-K 10-13-2020 08:14 PM

Why does anything food that combines peanut butter and chocolate have to be Reese's? The mindless mass only responds to brand recognition.

Steeveedee 10-13-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-k (Post 8822043)
why does anything food the combines peanut butter and chocolate have to be resses? The mindless mass only responds to brand recognition.

T R U T H! Seems to be the only way to get all caps around here.

weq92f 10-13-2020 08:53 PM

The same reason Ford decided to market a car called the Ford Five Hundred some years ago. When sales fell flat, they changed their mind and called it the Taurus which was its name before they decided to call it the Five Hundred.

If it has the catchy name it will sell. If it has some unknown name it will not sell. They are trying to learn from their past mistakes.

-klb

Ol Blue K20 10-13-2020 09:44 PM

Because the market guys are millenials with no respect for history!!.....

57taskforce 10-13-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8822108)
Because the market guys are millenials with no respect for history!!.....

I’m an older millennial and I can agree with that.

davischevy 10-13-2020 10:39 PM

Could we be entering the late seventies again, when ugly was the norm.

Ugly was the norm, but the lack of quality was overwhelming.

special-K 10-14-2020 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8822127)
Could we be entering the late seventies again, when ugly was the norm.

Ugly was the norm, but the lack of quality was overwhelming.

I'm all about the late-'70s thing*. Bring back the huge bumpers and weak horsepower... and disco while we're at it :hot: I wanna Granada!!

*NOT! :floss:

67C10Step 10-14-2020 07:46 AM

I don't know what that is, but I know what it is not and that is NOT a mustang. I'm not even a huge Ford fan but that thing is not a mustang.

My wife was telling me the other day she knew someone with a new Bronco on order. I told her I thought the two door looked good and when she said this person had the four door on order I told her they were not getting a Bronco. Blazers and Broncos are two door, end of discussion.

FleetsidePaul 10-14-2020 01:49 PM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/lee_2.jpg

Tom 10-14-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8821996)
Why would they call it a mustang?

So they can fit in with the euro's.
Porsche has a Cayenne coupe, even though it has 4 doors and a hatch.
BMW has gran coupes, that have 4 doors and a hatch.
Mercedes has the AMG GT 4 door coupe.

Basically, if you have a vehicle with 4 doors, you can call it whatever you want and the general public will just go with it. Kinda like calling these electrics craps cars. They are not. They are just crap.

57taskforce 10-14-2020 09:40 PM

I wonder if it comes standard with the crowd mowing equipment like it’s coupe and convertible siblings? This is a funny mustang video that was posted to Camaro5 earlier in the week. It’s in slow mo so wait till the very end.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=nx1DtHKWwWY

special-K 10-14-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8822358)

No, but them's some mighty big lapels you got goin' on there Lee

FleetsidePaul 10-15-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8822527)
No, but them's some mighty big lapels you got goin' on there Lee

Come on Tim. I'm sure that you had some ugly clothes in the 70's. We all did. I know I did. Lee was styling.

special-K 10-16-2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8822578)
Come on Tim. I'm sure that you had some ugly clothes in the 70's. We all did. I know I did. Lee was styling.

Yeah, short shorts :lol: Other than that, not really. Never wore a stitch of polyester. Pretty much dress the same now as I did back then.

FleetsidePaul 10-16-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8822994)
Yeah, short shorts :lol: Other than that, not really. Never wore a stitch of polyester. Pretty much dress the same now as I did back then.

Short shorts on a guy? :eek: Thanks for the visual.

I wore a lot of Polyester when I worked in the corporate office. I had to wear a suit and tie and that was all I could afford. No Italian suits for me.

It's funny I don't think that I could tie a tie now. But I used to do it it in a hot minute when I was half asleep. Getting ready for work with a hangover. I don't miss that job.

special-K 10-16-2020 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Men wore shorts much shorter back then. But you knew that :ito:

ngnaz 10-16-2020 09:11 PM

Same reason Ford used the Bronco name on the new Bronco Sport. Trying to capatalize on branding.

special-K 10-17-2020 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, but the Bronco Sport is an obvious modern version of the original Bronco. Tell us the similarity between this vehicle and any Mustang of the past. Also, they still make Mustangs, never stopped since started. The Bronco was discontinued, then brought back.

And what the heck is Mach E? I assume this is an electric vehicle and that's what the E is for? What a contrived name. We know Mach 1 has an actual definition, a real and actual term indicating 'fast'. Makes you think of jet planes breaking the sound barrier.

This is what I think of as an electric powered Mustang :lol:

ngnaz 10-17-2020 10:55 AM

No, the sport is not the modern version, the Bronco is. The psort is just an Escape or small SUV with the Bronco badge. They just came out with the Bronco and added this sport to the line to use the name.

special-K 10-18-2020 06:41 AM

I totally agree with what you say about the reason being brand recognition. I don't follow or know new vehicles much at all. I didn't realize the Branco Sport was some other vehicle Ford makes. I guess their reuse of branding only serves to confuse me, since I pictured their top of the line Bobtail and figured they used "Sport" on that one as an upgrade package, too... or called that one a Sport Bronco. Now I see what they are, like a new so called "Blazer".

Rich84 10-22-2020 12:20 PM

I do not miss my father's Granada. It was the car I learned how to drive in. I remember the commercial where the valet was getting the Granada mixed up with the Mercedes..LOL

I've driven some junks but that was the worst.

special-K 10-24-2020 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8825712)
I do not miss my father's Granada. It was the car I learned how to drive in. I remember the commercial where the valet was getting the Granada mixed up with the Mercedes..LOL

I've driven some junks but that was the worst.

That ad was a bit of a stretch, ya think? :lol: Somehow I just knew you wouldn't be seeing the sheiks of Arabia being chauffeured in black Granadas