The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Say it ain't so CPP Motor Mounts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=586349)

Jfarns03 06-26-2013 02:45 AM

Say it ain't so CPP Motor Mounts

So I bought the ClassicPerform (CPP) motor perches part # 6372MP-T. Please dont tell me i have to buy replacement headers because these mounts are obstructing the stock manifolds. Is there a way to cut some stuff to make them work? If not im sending these mounts back. That's crap they don't tell you that in order for the perches to work you need a set of custom headers. :m2:

TBONE1964 06-26-2013 07:00 AM

Re: Say it ain't so CPP Motor Mounts

My advise is to get with one or more of the many board members that have already done what you are doing and ask them the questions.

You may be over looking something very simple.
Good luck with your build.

Lee H 06-26-2013 09:14 AM

Have you called CPP and discussed this?
Posted via Mobile Device

GASoline71 06-26-2013 10:10 AM

Instructions say you have to switch over to the 1959 to 1970 car motor mounts. So it might be that the center dump ram horns on these trucks might not work. That's just a seat of the pants guess. I'd do like Lee H said and call CPP for a final answer.

http://www.classicperform.com/Instru...F/6372MP-T.pdf

Gary

Lee H 06-26-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GASoline71 (Post 6143218)
Instructions say you have to switch over to the 1959 to 1970 car motor mounts. So it might be that the center dump ram horns on these trucks might not work. That's just a seat of the pants guess. I'd do like Lee H said and call CPP for a final answer.

http://www.classicperform.com/Instru...F/6372MP-T.pdf

Gary

Gary, While he did not mention it to us, I think he's trying to go LS. Lee

TBONE1964 06-26-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee H (Post 6143239)
Gary, While he did not mention it to us, I think he's trying to go LS. Lee

That is what I gathered from his build thread too.

GASoline71 06-26-2013 10:37 AM

Didn't check his build thread. I see now that they have to be used with their adapter mounts on the engine as well. That would bite if the stock LS manifolds won't clear.

Is there a difference in LS manifolds from car and truck? The 6.0L in my K2500 has the dumps at the rear and are fairly narrow through the body.

Gary

Jfarns03 06-26-2013 10:53 AM

I have a 2004 5.3L with a 4L60E trans. The motor is out of a Avalanche and the trans is out of a 2002 Camaro. I've been looking all over this forum about these particular style of CPP perches and people have to buy these DTH headers because the stock manifolds won't clear.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 chevelle 06-26-2013 11:07 AM

I had problems with ccp's ls swap mount kit , if that is what he is useing . I bought their kit for stock motor placement , it moves everything forward 3 inches , thats not stock , called them and was sent the proper mounts , plates actually , but they made me pay , and im waiting on a return reimbursement. I am in the process of trany install now , will be to the manifolds in a day or 2 , with stock ls truck manifolds , if this is the original posters question i will be glad to let jfarns03 know here how it works . ccp does have some quality stuff but their ship times are horrible , and dealing with them is not as easy as it should be . They could be alot better in the customer service aspect of their business ,

67 chevelle 06-26-2013 01:03 PM

ok this thread lit a fire for me and i had the parts , and things went smoothly ,,,,,,,,, getting my trany in ,,,,,,, next up checK the exhaust , no WAY NO HOW STOCK MANIFOLDS OR CORVETE MANIFOLDS WILL WORK WITH THESE FRAME STANDS , CCP YOU SUCK , THEY SHOULD TELL YOU THIS AHEAD OF TIME , PLUS THE FACT THEY SENT THE WRONG ENGINE PLATES

CCP SUCKS

JFARN IF YOU DONT MIND TELL WHAT HEADERS TO GET , THIS REALY SUCKS AS MY MANIFOLDS WERE FREE AND WHAT I WANTED TO USE

Jfarns03 06-26-2013 01:21 PM

So I called CCP a few minutes ago and they said for my setup it should work. I doubt it will but I still have to install the mounts so we'll see. 67 Chevelle here's a link to headers that should work. Apparently if you say your a member of this forum you get a deal. http://dougthorleyheaders.com/products/sfID1/34
Posted via Mobile Device

67 chevelle 06-26-2013 05:00 PM

Thanks brother , that link is for small block headers , ill try and snap a picture tomorrow , by the way neither side fitts ,and all ls are the same , are you running electric fans ?

I am running an 08 ly6 out of a silverado , with the stock mechanical fan up front , so that 3 inch forward would not have worked for me , doubt it will help with the manifold fitment either , probably make it worst , , i had to slot the holes in my trany crosmember towards the rear about 3/8 to 1/2 inch

If you are moving your engine forward you are going to have to get a long yoke or driveshaft work

Jfarns03 06-26-2013 09:46 PM

I have the plates that move the engine an inch forward. I'm not running dual fans, I'm trying to keep it clean and cheap. I still have faith it will workout. I'll definitely post updates when I finally set the motor in. Do I have to modify the fire wall?
Posted via Mobile Device

DKclassis72 06-26-2013 09:59 PM

Ive done/ used their mounts for my LS2/4L65E combo... needles to say, after ordering headers and not fitting. I ordered the 1 5/8 DTH and have them installed on my truck. Pretty happy with them, just not will the heads up on their part. Also, you will need different plug wires, as my stock LS plug wires hit the headers before they go all the way on. Hopefully getting the rest of the exhaust done tomorrow.... will let you know how it goes

67 chevelle 06-27-2013 08:02 AM

Jfarns Ive got a mile of room , you should have 0 issues , the first thing that pissed me off was they say its an inch , but mine measured 3 inches . the stock ones are close , but this exhaust issue is unforgivable . I ordered some cheap summit headers , will let you guys know if they fit or what mods it takes to get them to fit , will post pictures here latter today

67 chevelle 06-27-2013 08:54 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps0bbef494.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps877dcdd9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psb76a1da5.jpg

BigRed76 06-27-2013 10:03 PM

Is there a possibility that these CPP mounts could be bolted to the factory six cylinder frame holes to avoid moving the engine forward 3 inches?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jfarns03 06-28-2013 12:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The first image is from the driver side engine mount, the second, is from the passenger side. Im starting to think i got a 6.0L because when i checked the vin on my motor it was matching more towards the 6.0l than the 5.3l. If thats the case i scored big time! I would post more pics but im on the other side of the country for vacation. My truck came with an original Inline six and with the CPP motor perches they move over one hole on the frame. Ill see how it impacts me when i put the motor in.

67 chevelle 06-28-2013 12:45 AM

jfarns the engine size is stamped with big numbers in the front of the engine under the drivers side head

the cpp mount only go in the forward position , they can not mount in the rear 6 cylinder holes as the crossmember only has 1 hole

truckdude239 06-28-2013 07:19 AM

I used the dirty dingo slinder mounts on mine no issuse expect for the ac compressor bracket and tbe manifolds. I used trail blazer ss maninfolds and they cleared perfect
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRed76 06-28-2013 02:57 PM

So these CPP motor mount perches move the engine 3" forward from the factor small block location? 67 Chevelle in your pics it looks like the motor is still sitting pretty far back
Posted via Mobile Device

tony58 06-28-2013 03:03 PM

I learned many years ago to avoid Chinese performance products.

67 chevelle 06-28-2013 04:10 PM

big red , those are the replacement plates that i bought that are at the stock location , the mounts they sent with the kit that i had to return were a full 3 inches forward of the current location , with the engine sitting as is my drive shaft and yoke are perfect , if i would have used what cpp calls the stock location plates , my fan would have been in the radiator and the yoke would have been about a 1/2 inch in the trany . Here is a pic of my pasengers side , got my pacesetter headers today , had to cut about 6 inches of tube and alittle frame , i knew the frame had to be cut , i will buy a weld up header kit and modify , weld some tube in . Drivers side looks like it will be slightly easier , maybe just cut the cpp frame stand and reweld , this should not be this hard with a kitn they say is designed for the application , no more cpp for me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps91041903.jpg

If i ever did this again , i would use stock v8 mounts , and go from there

67 chevelle 06-28-2013 05:39 PM

just got off the phone with jerad from cpp , was told im being charged a restocking fee , and to re powdercoat the plates , i told him it was their mistake , their product was junk , and that the replacment plates i recieved had been on and off an engine before , half the paint , yes paint was off of them , he wanted pictures , of plates that are inbetween my motor and mounts , i told him that was imposable anf that i was not the onlyone with exhaust problems , also they have lost a customer for life

cpp sucks

BigRed76 06-28-2013 07:42 PM

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. That's too bad that a design that should be so simple caused so many issues
Posted via Mobile Device