The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=401176)

Jacfourteen 05-06-2010 01:40 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

I rolled on some of that rustoleum bed liner/Herculiner stuff. What a mess, they should print on the can that you should expect to throw away what ever you are wearing. If I ever need to line it again I will happily pay to have it done. Yesterday I finished up the new drop 3" front, 3.5" back. Tomorrow hopefully I will wash and wax my 68 GMC and the wife's 41 GMC.

Ackattack 05-06-2010 01:46 AM

Took the truck to a cruise in, it's first public appearance.

On my way home, I let my wife drive so I could find where the helacious wind noise was coming from. Turns out the one piece window little triangles were leaking air badly. So on our way home we stopped by wally world and I got a small tube of clear silicone caulking.

Got home and applied the caulking around the triangles. I poked a real small hole in the caulking tube and laid down a thin bead. You will never be able to see it! And hopefully it will cut down on the wind noise a lot.

I also tracked down a new rattle. Turns out the wire for the lighter that I just installed is tapping on the top of the gauges, so I'll have do something about that.

Looked at my speaker kick panels with hopes of working on them tomorrow.

OhioDan 05-06-2010 06:55 AM

R&R upper and lower ball joints. Still trying to install the lower A-arm caps so arm pivots without locking up.

Bishops Trucks 05-06-2010 07:03 AM

Wash, wax and vacumnd it. It was badly needed. I also changed the plugs and installed new head to header gaskets.

NINERS1 05-06-2010 07:08 AM

put $47 worth of gas in it! drove the @#$#^&** out of it. :smoke:
one of the bike forums i frequent has a thread like this, has like 800 pages!:lol:

Davetopay 05-06-2010 07:16 AM

It's a today/yesterday combo......

Put gas in it, drove it to work, cleaned out the bed, took it on some sales calls, pondered new parts while driving it. Will probably do the same today.

rsavage 05-06-2010 07:56 AM

Received my new carpeting for the Burb and installed it in the passenger areas. Will work on the cargo area today as I have to take the side panels off. Put new thresholds on. Made a huge difference. Bought a hatch and tailgate which will force me to take a 600 mile each way road trip in the future - we'll turn it into a mini vacation.

70cst 05-06-2010 08:46 AM

I made a phone call on its status. Looks like it will be brought to the garage this week and the exhaust system will be installed. Its getting close.

foosed 05-06-2010 09:22 AM

Yesterday I picked up my truck from getting new steering components put on. Drove nice. Put $55 of gas in it. Brought it home and hauled some hay. Runs great after that carb rebuild!

TomJohnston 05-06-2010 09:41 AM

last night: charged the battery (arrgh). parking lights got left on.

Drove it to work today and put $45 of gas in it. Got a nice compliment at the gas station by a guy with a late model burb with 311k miles on it. Looked like new.

tncdrew 05-06-2010 10:41 AM

Did some drilling on the new rear bumper brackets (that were missing holes!!), getting ready to mount my new rear sport bumper, in place of the crappy step bumper that's there now.

48richard 05-06-2010 10:44 AM

Drove it to the junkyard to pick up some parts for my son's truck.

Fitz 05-06-2010 10:58 AM

Replaced vacuum hose on brake booster, installed the back half of the console and wired the rear speakers and crossover for the stereo; wired door switches for the courtesy lights under the dash, in front half of console and rear cab light. Replaced knobs on headlight and wiper switches with Ron Francis knobs and re-installed the battery.

big_al_71 05-06-2010 12:08 PM

Spray "Quick Detailer" and wiped it all down...thats it!!!

rogergodding 05-06-2010 12:18 PM

Cussed at it mostly..... control module in hei is going bad.... new distributor from Skip White on the way......

1quik70 05-06-2010 01:55 PM

Put new plugs in it yesterday and now it runs as it should. Today, I drove it to work, like to do everyday. I went from driving an 05 Lincoln LS everyday for the last three years, back to driving a 67-72, and I don't miss the new car a bit!

Already Gone 05-06-2010 02:03 PM

With a cup of coffee in my hand and the sun bouncing off the grill spent 10/15 mins looking at her parked out back thinking of what I'm gonna do to her and all grief and pleasure she has given me I've owned her.

oldblue1968chevy 05-06-2010 09:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Washed her today, and discovered that washing degreasing under hood does wonders! Purple powers great! Oh and re instllaed and polished my half headlight covers!

I know the engine bay doesnt look good to you but you should've seen the crud running off!

kyle fitz 05-06-2010 09:58 PM

i started to put mine back together after paint. i also color sanded right through a small spot in the clear, and now im mad!

AusTx68 05-06-2010 10:02 PM

My truck is at the paint shop but today I took delivery of my Mar-K bed wood kit :)

hayhauler71 05-06-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_al_71 (Post 3960828)
Spray "Quick Detailer" and wiped it all down...thats it!!!

Big al if your going to spray you must go play

FRENCHBLUE72 05-06-2010 10:37 PM

I welded up the tailgate and am getting ready for mud..

charx2 05-06-2010 10:38 PM

I pulled my speedo gears and realized that the housing connector has a small gauge in it that has been leaking trans fluid since i bought it (about 2 months ago). I thought the leak was from it being loose so I took it out and apart for better inspection and clean up. Every time I do something to this truck, I always find something else wrong. But I really like working on her, she's gonna be a monster when I'm done in 30 years!

67 C10 Stepside, 350/350, bagged

100gold 05-06-2010 11:10 PM

Topped off oil.

Filled new radiator.

Hokeyed up some power with an old toggle switch.

Primed the oil pump.

Primed the carb.

And then we put the sweet vibrations of a v8 engine back through the frame rails of a little truck that had not felt the love of a rotating mass for over ten years! I've got a video of it, but I keep getting a message saying that I don't have the right security token. Sorry.

blazin 05-06-2010 11:14 PM

i went and bought 1800 bucks in parts.. (whole new front clip, led tail lights, heater controls) then i took the old grill off, sanded, por15 the **** out of it.. and thats when i ran out of time... so this weekend, i throw it back together,.