The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=401176)

dauntless_powered 05-08-2010 01:19 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Still trying to clean up the PO's little odds and ends, going to claybar and wax today if the rain holds off.....she is now my DD for the past three days and gong good so far

07SSSC 05-08-2010 01:30 PM

Put some gas in it this morning and drove it to work, put it up in the air (working at a dealership has it's advantages) and did a lof. Did a quick hand polish on the wheels to try to get rid of some rust spots developing. Then I gave it a bath with the shop's built in pressure washer. Hoping the weather keeps getting better so I can get to installing the stack of parts I have for it over.

Rat Bastid 05-08-2010 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
replaced 2 fenders and 2 doors and put hood back on,body lines are whack as hell but thats what body men are for,he can deal with it!

scooterskoolkustoms 05-08-2010 04:56 PM

It has been nice here in NJ so I have been getting her ready for the move to cali.Bought some 2 1/2 drop spindles cut the springs bought new tie rods, ball joints, poly bushings,It's all apart and getting the cross member painted.Waiting for mybrother in law to drop of my control arms. ( He owns an auto repair shop, pressing in new poly bushings ).also put new alum valve cover's, headers,flowmasters, alum pulley set up.I have a lot to do before july 1.That's when my 12 yr old daughter and I move back to cali.schools out and we are going to see the USA in my chevrolet

72BlckButy 05-08-2010 06:53 PM

Worked a little more on the water pump install... waiting on a new upper/lower thermostat housing to arrive, and then we'll begin the install.

Cleaned up some of the motor while I was in there tinkering. Used Simple Green, and got rid of some gunk and junk.

big_al_71 05-08-2010 06:59 PM

changed the steering wheel for the fourth time...:lol: and drove the hell out of it all day went all over twon it is so funny how quick that gas gauge moves...:lol:

Thealien 05-08-2010 07:31 PM

Finished the underhood wiring on my LS swap

Finished the radiator, fan shroud, heater and radiator hoses.

Couldn't get my transmission lines to work so I cut them and will be using AN fittings with braided hose for about 8-10 inches at the transmission.

Vacuum booster vacuum hooked up (LS is 1/2 inch and old booster is 3/8ths).

One or two good saturdays and I may get to hear it run and then to the exhaust shop!!

Rob H. 05-08-2010 08:31 PM

Well I didn't do anything to the 67 or 72 today. But my son and I did go look at a 70 GMC Suburban today. It's a parts rig, 3/4 ton, was a BB 4 speed, with roof air. 402 is gone and now residing in a very slick 71 stepside with Buddy buckets and tach dash! But the burb will be sitting in my yard after I go pick it up next week! He bought it for a very good price for what's there.

ricks71pu 05-08-2010 08:46 PM

i brought my home. fresh rebuilt 454. now it has 5 miles on it, oh well,cant stay new forever. washed it, and going to get window to roll down w/o asking neighbors to help turn handle!

prairewolf 05-08-2010 10:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
uploaded some pics from early fall last year. ... the cornfield shot is from Deer scout drive.

life is good. kent

Hezie 05-08-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_al_71 (Post 3965079)
changed the steering wheel for the fourth time...:lol: and drove the hell out of it all day went all over twon it is so funny how quick that gas gauge moves...:lol:

Cruise night in Dawsonville Ga. Unfortunatly... I think my gas gauge is faster than yours Big Al.;)

Billhilly 05-08-2010 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished up patching holes in my firewall. All tacked up, now have all the welding to do.

Cole Trickle 05-09-2010 12:23 AM

Washed and started the waxing.....

Hood and front fenders are about done but I ran out of clean waxing pads for the rear fenders and tailgate....(tommorow)

Removed the rear tint and wing window tint...none on side windows?

Cleaned up the motor and started making the underhood wiring look good.:lol:

MCSO5164 05-09-2010 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did some more work on the motor, and some wiring. She's almost ready to slip back in. Also did some interior work.

paintpyro 05-09-2010 12:41 PM

Cleaned up the garage a bit. Jacked up the drivers side and started my disk brake and power steering conversion.

kgt 05-09-2010 01:00 PM

Finished cleaning up the fuel injection from fast that i installed, insured it and took it out for a rip.....i will never use a carb again, I hate the tought of the thousands i have spent in the last few years trying out different carbs and all the time spent..lol...

Today i am going to install a programmable 6al-2 so i can program my timing curve and throw away all my vac advance cams, springs and bushings for my msd distributor..

camjck89 05-09-2010 06:20 PM

got a used rear bumper, installed, new cap and rotor and plug wires got them routed and 160 thermostat installed syood around figuring when im going to install my ps and pb

Fitz 05-09-2010 06:32 PM

Re-jetted the carb and started that 572 UP!!
Wanna see? Just start the vid!

crapy67 05-09-2010 06:35 PM

Went to Home depot for the wife on mothers day, And was stoped at a light and was asked "how much you want for that truck". shook my head no and went on my way. :chevy:

67Slider 05-09-2010 08:09 PM

Was moving parts from the garage to the storage space in the shed yesterday and found a fist size dent in the inner fender well that I had painted about 3 weeks ago. Pounded out the dent, wet sanded and repainted. Yelled a little at wife, kids and in general but am over it now. No one would cop to dropping something on it. Life goes on!!

FRENCHBLUE72 05-09-2010 08:21 PM

Finished my tailgate and started the markerlight and door handle shave... Wireing harness in in it kinda thats this weeks project...

anthonycenimo 05-09-2010 08:36 PM

i found that someone threw a rock through my windshield today.

jimmq 05-09-2010 08:38 PM

Hauled some horse manure for the garden

67Slider 05-09-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonycenimo (Post 3967007)
i found that someone threw a rock through my windshield today.

That's the kind of $h** that really pisses me off!!! Sorry to hear about that.

anthonycenimo 05-09-2010 09:55 PM

yea i wasnt too thrilled about it myself but its ok theres nothing that i can do about it now gotta keep positive