The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Member Dealings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Bad Deal with bryanschevyparts--- (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=317703)

PICKMUP 12-04-2008 10:54 PM

Bad Deal with bryanschevyparts---

I hate these "***** sessions", but...he got his money refunded and just kept my new parts, instead of returning them, as promised. I am out over $200!
I sold him new PUI seat covers, at a low price, and he didn't like them--after a shop tried to install them. I contacted PUI and of course they wanted to see them before doing anything.
So I did him a favor and returned his money immediately without getting the covers first. He said he needed it real bad. He promised to send the covers to PUI. It's been two months. Lots of PMs and every time he has a new "deal" for me.
1. Now he wants to keep the covers and fix them, instead of returning.
2. Then he wanted them at my cost.
3. Then he wanted them at $100 below my cost.
OK...I agreed to each of his "deals", because I hate to drag this on forever.
4. Well, it's been a couple more weeks and he just doesn't pay.
I hope no one else get's caught up in one of his "deals".
NOTE: I have pics of the work his shop did---really bad. They charged him $150 (we pay $300-400 for good bucket cover installs)

88JRFAN 12-05-2008 12:08 AM

Re: Bad Deal with bryanschevyparts---

Yeah, that definiely sucks. Some people are just plain worthless. I would say he should give you what he paid for them. Will make sure to remember him.:devil:

toomanytoyz 12-05-2008 02:32 AM

Sorry to Hear about That, Not Every one on Here is who they Pretend to Be...........

72lb4x4 12-05-2008 03:40 AM

Sorry as well, but most around are good folks...

Liz 12-05-2008 10:15 AM

Issue is we have had several complaints about this user. No one other then Frank would post it. Frank has gone above and beyond in this situation and still got screwed over.
I hate that it happened, but look forward to bryans explanation of why he feels he should keep the item and the money publicly. Usually I would just off a user for whats gone on here.. I was hoping Bryan would step up and do right in this case..

msgross 12-05-2008 11:55 AM

I never posted anything about him since no money ever traded hands. However, he has shown very poor salemanship on this board. Enough to insure that I will NEVER do business with him, even if it's free parts and was my neighbor...

1. My issue with bryanschevyparts was when he was selling a set of buddy buckets. They were in ok shape and his final asking price was $300-325. Hart_Rod was looking for seats only and I was looking for a frame. So within the thread we all agreed to split the cost of the seats, pay for shipping with our own FEDEX account and bryan could keep the center seat and resell, thus making more money than he would have selling them whole. Then all of the sudden the entire thread was gone, erased. Once we finally contacted him he stated that "it was becoming to much of a hassle to ship and he's tired of dealing with the issue". This is after he told us he would ship, thankfully we never sent him money...

2. He then makes a post on the parts board telling us that he posted his seats on Ebay, no link or shortcut. Then continues to brag how he got $800 for them...

I suggest to avoid at all costs, he's one of the few board members that I will never do business with.

I would post the link but it was erased as well....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=316885

bdydrp97s10 12-05-2008 11:57 AM

i see bryanschevyparts in the parts forum alot..

i hate hearing about bad deals because this site is the only place on the internet that i feel safe giving somebody money and believing that they will send it..

and i believe the same goes for most other people on this board.

hopefully this gets worked out

msgross 12-05-2008 12:00 PM

my bad... he's still selling them...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=305853

Hart_Rod 12-05-2008 12:32 PM

I won't pile on, since MSGROSS explained what happened to him and I. I've had a lot of great transactions on this board and 99.99% of the people on here have outstanding character (UnderHaulin, ILIKE72s' just to mention a few). I won't let one person's lack of character and now credibility, ruin my experience with this board. Bryan, best of luck to you, just remember, you can only burn so many bridges.

R/

toomanytoyz 12-05-2008 12:41 PM

I Had a Similar experience with a Thread being erased, I wish we had some System to Keep that from Happening...............

Liz 12-05-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomanytoyz (Post 3010245)
I Had a Similar experience with a Thread being erased, I wish we had some System to Keep that from Happening...............

As do I. The issue is if we eliminate the possibility of deleting threads, then edits etc are not able to be done by members. One thing to keep in mind is, even though a user deletes a thread or even edits one.. it is not gone. Admins have the ability to view all deletes.

Dieselwrencher 12-05-2008 01:24 PM

I don't know all the details with each of these deals, but................. I drove up there to Mn and baught a cab from Bryan. It was just as nice as he said it was. He told me about the shanannigans a couple of the members tried pulling on the buddy buckets buy thing. It sounds like to me that they were trying to steal them from him and trying to get away with it. Now don't go flaming me here, I'm not naming names or anything. Not like I can, I only heard one side of the story and it isn't my buisness. But I can say that I have seen the same board member he mentioned banderently low balling guys in the parts section all the time. Again, I don't know all the detailsin these situations, but I think there is more to the story than what is brought out here, maybe not by the first poster, I can't remember what reasoning Bryan had for that deal. I met him, he is a nice honest guy. He told me everything about the cab before I left town and I even baught a door from him as well. But like I said, I don't know all details. I just don't want to see a good board member vanished over BS. Just my 2 cents. I hope you guys can get whatever handled on the upholstery, and maybe the other dudes can forget about the buddy seat split deal.

Hart_Rod 12-05-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 3010303)
I don't know all the details with each of these deals, but................. I drove up there to Mn and baught a cab from Bryan. It was just as nice as he said it was. He told me about the shanannigans a couple of the members tried pulling on the buddy buckets buy thing. It sounds like to me that they were trying to steal them from him and trying to get away with it. Now don't go flaming me here, I'm not naming names or anything. Not like I can, I only heard one side of the story and it isn't my buisness. But I can say that I have seen the same board member he mentioned banderently low balling guys in the parts section all the time. Again, I don't know all the detailsin these situations, but I think there is more to the story than what is brought out here, maybe not by the first poster, I can't remember what reasoning Bryan had for that deal. I met him, he is a nice honest guy. He told me everything about the cab before I left town and I even baught a door from him as well. But like I said, I don't know all details. I just don't want to see a good board member vanished over BS. Just my 2 cents. I hope you guys can get whatever handled on the upholstery, and maybe the other dudes can forget about the buddy seat split deal.

There are two sides of the story. Maybe you should get both before calling BS. PM sent.

Dieselwrencher 12-05-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 3010345)
There are two sides of the story. Maybe you should get both before calling BS. PM sent.

I realize there are 2 sides of the story hence my post said there are 2 sides of the story. I don't need to get both sides of the story because I really don't want to be in the missle of it. But I got your PM and I repiled as well. No hard feelings, and I said shannigans and in the end of my post and called BS at the end. I didn't call you out, just gave my experience with this board member because this thread will turn into a dog pile soon. These type of threads usually do. I just gave my 2 cents to maybe salvage any chance this user may have of trying to ammend something with the original poster. But IDK. Hope it gets worked out.

yellowblazer1969 12-05-2008 02:20 PM

NOTE: I have pics of the work his shop did---really bad. They charged him $150 (we pay $300-400 for good bucket cover installs)[/QUOTE]

i would love to see the install pics, for my shops "wall of install shame"
thanks, chris

Hart_Rod 12-05-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 3010369)
I realize there are 2 sides of the story hence my post said there are 2 sides of the story. I don't need to get both sides of the story because I really don't want to be in the missle of it. But I got your PM and I repiled as well. No hard feelings, and I said shannigans and in the end of my post and called BS at the end. I didn't call you out, just gave my experience with this board member because this thread will turn into a dog pile soon. These type of threads usually do. I just gave my 2 cents to maybe salvage any chance this user may have of trying to ammend something with the original poster. But IDK. Hope it gets worked out.

No worries Ryan, we're good. I too, hope this gets resolved and I apologize for stealing PICKMUP's thread.

R/

Dieselwrencher 12-05-2008 02:48 PM

Same here, sorry for hijacking.

brothers69c-10 12-05-2008 02:50 PM

Just to add a little credibility. I personally have never bought or sold anything to or from Bryan. I did have a chance to meet him in person as irode along the trip with dieselwrencher. He had a great first impression and was very enthusiastic and honest guy. His hospitality when we arrived was sensational. We all get caught up in bad deals at some point, and we just have to shrug them off and call it water under the bridge.

my67chevytruck 12-05-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 3010291)
As do I. The issue is if we eliminate the possibility of deleting threads, then edits etc are not able to be done by members. One thing to keep in mind is, even though a user deletes a thread or even edits one.. it is not gone. Admins have the ability to view all deletes.

The admins have the ability to view and restore if they wanted. :smoke:

my67chevytruck 12-05-2008 03:44 PM

hopefully this is a misunderstanding and will be worked out between the two.

as far as price negotiations/what ever you want to call it, i believe negotiation is part of game. if a part is FS for 40.00 shipped and you offer 30.00 shipped the seller can accept or deny, i would not consider the prospective buyer to be considered cheap, or trying to lowball someone. if a seller posts an ad, he/she should expect all kinds of offers/trades etc. if the seller cannot handle this kind of activity, then they need to list in the ad as such (will not ship, no trades. prices are firm, not seperating etc.)

Sorry for the threadjack Frank.

Liz 12-05-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my67chevytruck (Post 3010469)
ability to view and restore if you wanted. :smoke:

after 6 years I am aware of how it works ;) but thanks.. we do not restore threads unless there is a legal reason to do so.

I am glad to see folks stepping up for bryan as well. After getting complaint after complaint, for many weeks, its nice to see some good. If thats the case, then perhaps he will step up and fix the issues at hand. I

my67chevytruck 12-05-2008 04:32 PM

it was more of an FYI for the users Liz, not directed to you....

Liz 12-05-2008 04:52 PM

With the quote i was unsure :) no reason for sorry though.

yellowblazer1969 12-05-2008 05:51 PM

hey pickmup i would love to see the pictures of the botched install for my shops "wall of install shame"
thanks, chris

70cst 12-05-2008 08:05 PM

It is my understanding that negotiations are not part of the site. If my faded memory is correct...A FS price is fixed and we are not to try and renegotiate the price or make negative comments about the price. The above Buddy Bucket deal to me would be the exception to the rule as they were trying to split up the seats verses negotiating the price down. Just a thought? Not trying to hi-jack the thread but wanting to make a point about selling. I wish all could be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Tis the season you know?