The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Got Ripped Off Beware (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=663295)

1971 GMC SHORTY 03-13-2015 01:50 AM

Got Ripped Off Beware

1 Attachment(s)
Sold My Tilt Wheel On Ebay That Kevin Classic Looked at This Punks Told EBay I Sold Him A Van Tilt I Think Kevin Would Have Told Me I Had a Van Tilt This Punk Had My Tilt Over 4 Weeks And Now Opens A Case... WTH I had It In My 1971 GMC for Over 4-5 Years. I'm Lost For Words EGaY Rulled In His Favor

joedoh 03-13-2015 02:01 AM

Re: Got Ripped Off Beware

I was reading about this on another forum, people are finding out they can get instant refunds and keep the item if they report the transaction to the id theft division of their cc company, essentially saying "someone who is not me used MY ebay account, MY email account, MY paypal account, and MY CC to buy something and have it shipped to MY address, but it wasnt me."

the protection against this is nothing, paypal reverses the charges instantly and does not require return because the owner of the CC/paypal/ebay account claims never to have ordered, paid for, or gotten it in the first place.

the only recourse is to sue, report the fraudulent claim to the local police and open a court case. fraud still is illegal, they are counting on someone not taking that option because of the distance. but even if you win a judgement, they may never pay it.

PGSigns 03-13-2015 06:40 AM

I would show up on his door step and ask for it back. He has his money no reason you should not have your parts.
Jimmy

brokenspoke 03-13-2015 06:48 AM

Are you positive you didn't have a van tilt?

Clyde65 03-13-2015 08:11 AM

what is the difference between a van tilt and a truck tilt? Is the difference obvious ( I really do not know)

I have seen what Joedoh is talking about, its not new but it is getting more prevalent.

65chevysub 03-13-2015 08:24 AM

I know older van tilts had the ignition switch in the dash not on the column. Hope this helps

SS317 03-13-2015 09:45 AM

Had a guy do the same thing to me with a phone, and EBay backed them. I swore off EBay forever, and I have bought and sold there for years. I'll find the deal on Ebay and call the vendor direct now. If they want my business they play ball, if not I find someone who likes money and play with them.
EBay sucks now, seller fees are high, no support for sellers, it's gone way downhill.

Lugnutz65 03-13-2015 09:49 AM

Your only protection is to mail it INSURED and with SIGNATURE on delivery. I think the worst that could happen then is you'd have to file a claim for the insurance. Then the insurance company can investigate for fraud if they want.

LT1 Burb 03-13-2015 09:53 AM

What a dick!

60-66 03-13-2015 10:17 AM

Whats the guys user ID ? Don't just let this go. You need to fight it !!

Jeff La 03-13-2015 02:15 PM

From what I have read, ebay has decided any disputes they side with the buyer. Buyers have discovered this and have now begun to dispute sales. It allows them to do exactly what happened. They retain the purchase with a refund. It's been a real problem with sellers lately.

60-66 03-13-2015 02:21 PM

Not 100% true. MOST disputes both party's get their stuff back. Its the credit card companies TAKING the money back that Ebay/PP has the problem with. Yes you are correct in that Ebay does side with the buyer 99% of the time, just like Walmart, anything can be returned . Its the scumbags that are screwing this up

VictoriaHardware 03-13-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 7088198)
I was reading about this on another forum, people are finding out they can get instant refunds and keep the item if they report the transaction to the id theft division of their cc company, essentially saying "someone who is not me used MY ebay account, MY email account, MY paypal account, and MY CC to buy something and have it shipped to MY address, but it wasnt me."

the protection against this is nothing, paypal reverses the charges instantly and does not require return because the owner of the CC/paypal/ebay account claims never to have ordered, paid for, or gotten it in the first place.

the only recourse is to sue, report the fraudulent claim to the local police and open a court case. fraud still is illegal, they are counting on someone not taking that option because of the distance. but even if you win a judgement, they may never pay it.

Does this happen only if the buyer paid with PayPal? Is the solution to require payment only by check or money order?

jonzcustomshop 03-13-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoriaHardware (Post 7088829)
Does this happen only if the buyer paid with PayPal? Is the solution to require payment only by check or money order?

If I remember right ebay won't let you use anything but paypal anymore...

Indian113 03-13-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop (Post 7088997)
If I remember right ebay won't let you use anything but paypal anymore...

That is what they want, but some people tell buyers NO paypal

dwcsr 03-13-2015 08:43 PM

I recently sold a gas tanks kit for a 69 Camaro for $550 plus the ride, The customer 2 months later say I changed the add and he really purchased a 67-68 tank and I switched the add. When that didn't work he started a not as described dispute and sent back only the tank without the pump and sender and mounting parts. Ebay sided with me so I didn't have to full refund him but also gave him a full refund plus shipping. Makes no sense to me.

Indian113 03-13-2015 09:11 PM

I quit selling on Ebay after a buyer filed a complaint of " Wrong or Bad Misleading Add" I sold him some MC parts and he shipped back wrecked and bent ones . Ebay put a hold on my Paypal and refunded his money and I ended up with JUNK parts. I buy once in awhile but I'll never SELL again.

'65 chevy lover 03-13-2015 11:04 PM

Ever since Ebay changed it to where you couldn't give a buyer a negative feedback, I quit selling or buying. Had a guy win a bid for some music equipment then, decide he didn't want it. @ZZhole posted negative feedback after I tried to collect. F--k ebay!

396ci 03-14-2015 10:04 AM

i have limited my selling on ebay due to the fees. i have been fortunate to not have a buyer file a false claim. everything i ship is insured for loss or damage. seems like a sign of the times and a loophole that buyers are using these days. thats why i love this forum! dealt with a lot of quality people here (both buying and selling).

special-K 03-31-2015 10:28 PM

You can't buy anything on Ebay w/o using PayPal anymore. I have never used PayPal, always contacted seller, askied if they'd accept a postal m.o. first, then bid. Now you can't complete the transaction w/o first giving PayPal info. I have tried and no dice.

Give us his ID.

1971 GMC SHORTY 04-05-2015 02:06 PM

Update: Got The Colum Back This dude is a Rather not Say.. Column not even what I Shipped
He states it was. Top Body Dented Shifter Bent Bad Bowl Shifter Was The Give Away This one is oblong Mine was Nice and Tight. Neutral safety switch is a Vav and not what I sent from a truck!
Ebay Matched Pictures what I Posted and What He Sent Back I Got My Money Refuned and Got a Bent Up Up Van Tilt so if anyone Needs Parts

fine69 04-10-2015 10:19 AM

I still buy a little on Ebay. But quit selling years ago. The fee's are too much. And it is too time consuming to list stuff. That and the issues listed here. That whole "oh crap i have to pay for what i bid on" mentality pisses me off. Ebay used to be fun. Not so much anymore.

toolboxchev 09-20-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60-66 (Post 7088478)
Whats the guys user ID ? Don't just let this go. You need to fight it !!

User ID may do you no good. Get the losers IP address, If you go after him and he used his cell phone and you are not in the wrong. The cops can find him by his IP address.

Seems like a lot to go through, but lets get the wrongy people outta here.

LostMy65 09-21-2015 09:51 AM

EBay has ripped me off more than once. Both as a buyer and a seller.
I haven't been on there for more than a year, and won't ever again.

BCOWANWHEELS 09-26-2015 12:13 AM

Yep ebay got me too, got a good education on ebay "and" paypal. Never again..............