The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Highly recommend this product (pic) fluidfilm (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=688666)

weider1717 11-15-2015 07:49 PM

Highly recommend this product (pic) fluidfilm

1 Attachment(s)
Fluid Film…anyone else used it because I can't comment on the longevity.

This is not a paint this is a film that seems like it clings really good!

I removed my bed to replace the fuel pumps and decided to coat the frame while the bed was off and this fluid film is the ticket.

I didn't want to coat it with undercoating which isn't something I recommend as you're spraying rubberized coating over your original finish. Now if you're in the salt belt of the US and the finish is gone anyway sure def not a bad choice then.

However, if you have a good finish you just want to continue to preserve this is a good choice I wiped it down and blew off any loose stuff then sprayed a medium coat looks like it doesn't dry and clings good so hopefully this will last in my climate for at least a year.

Attachment 1467488

bhc41051 11-15-2015 09:11 PM

Re: Highly recommend this product (pic)

Your truck still isn't running? I see a couple of cool single trees hanging on the wall in the background.

bealaddison 11-15-2015 09:13 PM

Not a fan! And you had better hope you don't have to work on anything once you have applied it, you will be covered in it! I had my 06 done at one point. It is good if you already have rust, but if you have a good clean frame, as your's appears to be in the picture, I would stick to a paint or rubberized undercoating. Just my .02¢

weider1717 11-15-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhc41051 (Post 7377455)
Your truck still isn't running? I see a couple of cool single trees hanging on the wall in the background.

Haha, NOPE she's not but again it's not what I drive daily just my toy so I play around a lot no rush :smoke:

Probably be friday before I tackle replacing the fuel pumps. And that farm life decore :)

Also to the above I agree it is messy kinda needs to be to serve its purpose but for me I wiped it down after letting it sit to get the excess off. I do see what you're saying though.

bealaddison 11-16-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weider1717 (Post 7377589)
Haha, NOPE she's not but again it's not what I drive daily just my toy so I play around a lot no rush :smoke:

Probably be friday before I tackle replacing the fuel pumps. And that farm life decore :)

Also to the above I agree it is messy kinda needs to be to serve its purpose but for me I wiped it down after letting it sit to get the excess off. I do see what you're saying though.

It is a pretty good product. We use it a lot in Maine as a penetrant for soaking rusted parts. It actually ate the factory undercoating off my 06. After it was on there for a week or so, the factory undercoating would wipe off with it.

gmachinz 11-16-2015 12:23 AM

Another trick is to apply a liberal amount of WD40 spray to any metal surface to prevent rust. It creates a superior hydrophobic film which denies any type of water (even salty) to adhere to it. Apply it once in the fall and once in the spring and rust won't ever be able to take hold. I've seen it work in person and its stupid simple how cheap it is in the end. If you create a surface in which nothing can stick to it, then rust won't be a worry for you.

Foot Stomper 12-11-2015 10:09 AM

If it's kinda clear yellowish runny sticky creepy stuff, then I'd use it inside my doors and pillars and not outside because it'll attract dirt and make a hell of a mess.
Undercoating that drys to a non tacky surface is best for what you're looking for.

hjewell2 01-22-2016 11:03 PM

I love this stuff, here in Michigan you use it on anything you want to remove a year from now. I also use it on my engine blocks that are stored in my barn.