The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Precision window seals (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=701497)

ItWillBeSlow 03-19-2016 09:26 PM

Precision window seals

1 Attachment(s)
Bought an 8 piece window seal kit from one of the vendors here, was surprised to see the felt strip for the top/back is way too long and will require cutting.

Also, the division bar piece is over twice the needed length and will require cutting too. Since it has metal in it its more than just a box cutter. Did I get the wrong pieces? Quality looks great aside from the fact that I have to modify it right out of the package

48richard 03-19-2016 11:18 PM

Re: Precision window seals

These pieces extend down inside the door for the glass to slide in when it is down.
They are not too long.

ItWillBeSlow 03-20-2016 08:13 AM

Oh duh.. Should have thought of that.

What about the upper piece? Am I missing anything here? It's about a foot too long but will be an easy cut.

special-K 03-20-2016 08:59 AM

I don't think you should have to cut anything. The window channel needs to extend to the lowest point of the window lowered

ItWillBeSlow 03-21-2016 10:08 PM

The felt channel for the top/back part of the window is definitely longer than stock. It has cuts in the rubber for where the curve is, so it can't be installed backwards, and it's a good foot longer than needed. It extends past the top of the vent window. I wish I took a pic for comparison

trkfrk 03-21-2016 10:18 PM

Precision seals are good quality.. I did up trimming my felt about 1/4".

GMCPaul 03-22-2016 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItWillBeSlow (Post 7530983)
The felt channel for the top/back part of the window is definitely longer than stock. It has cuts in the rubber for where the curve is, so it can't be installed backwards, and it's a good foot longer than needed. It extends past the top of the vent window. I wish I took a pic for comparison

felt channel for the top/back part of the window is a Left=Right part, turn the other end towards the vent window and you'll find the notches for the door curve align with the door glass upper frame curve.
You need to take the vent window out & door glass to install the glass run channel & division bar felts. Once you remove these you'll easily see where your mistaken on the division bar & glass run channel being to long. If you still feel something's to long after removing the items needed to replace these part's then post a picture showing the measurement of the glass run channel & division bar felts and I'll be happy to confirm the measurements for you.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls

ItWillBeSlow 03-22-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCPaul (Post 7531239)
felt channel for the top/back part of the window is a Left=Right part, turn the other end towards the vent window and you'll find the notches for the door curve align with the door glass upper frame curve.
You need to take the vent window out & door glass to install the glass run channel & division bar felts. Once you remove these you'll easily see where your mistaken on the division bar & glass run channel being to long. If you still feel something's to long after removing the items needed to replace these part's then post a picture showing the measurement of the glass run channel & division bar felts and I'll be happy to confirm the measurements for you.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls

Good deal, thanks Paul

Norcalsully 10-05-2016 06:37 AM

Anybody run into trouble fitting the scraper seals into place?? I got the deluxe versions with the metal bead scraper; seems too long. Fits at the vent window, all clips line up, but it seems like too much strip running into the glass run opposite the vent window.

Robznob11 10-05-2016 07:00 AM

The only thing I had to trim was the small felt at the bottom of the glass about 1/4" . As far as everything else you can put it in place with the glass in place. I did put the channel run in the vent before installing on one side and it's easier. But I forgot on the other side and was still able to install it relatively easy. Window down..install channel up and around. Then roll window up and install lower part. Loosen everything up to give yourself wiggle room. I used a long blunt nose screwdriver to push it in the middle and it pops right in. Just make sure not to use anything sharp and poke a hole. The whole trick to redoing these Doors is to Loosen everything so the window has room to move forward and back...hope this helps