The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Truck Audio (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Who has Subs under their seat? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=319235)

allen123 12-14-2008 09:58 PM

Who has Subs under their seat?

I dont feel like relocating the gas tank and the only place to put some subs is under the seat
I need some ideas, I don't really know anything about audio stuff

msgross 12-14-2008 10:05 PM

Re: Who has Subs under their seat?

this guy did..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=292532

allen123 12-14-2008 11:06 PM

How do you guys think this would sound?
http://www.brotherstrucks.com/prodin...number=USS4787

1970 chev truck 12-14-2008 11:08 PM

there was a sub-way bag and 3/4's of a sub sandwich under my seat when i got the truck;)

bowtieboy93 12-15-2008 12:44 AM

I dont have it
but i heard if you do it
under the passenger seat is the way to do it

under the driver seat gets annoying I ve heard

frostie_122 12-15-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen123 (Post 3028033)
How do you guys think this would sound?
http://www.brotherstrucks.com/prodin...number=USS4787

prob pretty mediocre...

Lippyp 12-15-2008 03:53 AM

I'm putting an 8" RE8 with an alpine mono amp and a four channel amp to power the fronts under mine.

special-K 12-15-2008 09:14 AM

I`ve never found a whole sub under my seat,but did find about 1/2 of one of my helper didn`t eat and stuffed under there.I told him I`d fire him the next time he stuffs trash under my seat.Took care of that problem.

grancuda 12-15-2008 11:20 AM

I put a 6" Bazooka Tube that is the dual voice coil type and I put it under my seat in the middle and under the passenger side is the head unit and uner the drivers seat is the amp and I put two 3 1/2s in the dash in the center. It really sounds good and it is totally hidden. Plenty of bass and sounds really good. I have had people in it that didn't know what I had and thought I had some 10's behind the seat.

nicolas72gmc 12-15-2008 11:37 AM

I've never measured, how much room do we have under the bench seats?

drewdude92 12-15-2008 12:04 PM

just enough to stuff a 10" kicker comp shallow mount ;)

bamaboy165 12-16-2008 04:57 PM

im throwin 2 12's kenwood shallow mount under my seat powered by a kicker amp im gonna be beating down the block

67chevemall 12-16-2008 05:42 PM

I think the JLAudio has the smallest mount dept but it has been a few years.
Hey the girlfriend will like it !! Ohhhh Awwww.he he he

LOL

bamaboy165 12-16-2008 06:03 PM

yessirrrrrr

AK72K10 12-16-2008 06:25 PM

OK guys, now why stuff 10lbs of monkey crap into the proverbial 5lb bag? The way I see it, the Blazer tank relocate under the bed serves as a solution to multiple problems. First, for all of us who still burn "Heaters" :smoke: (And have loose gas caps like me and my K10...) it eliminates the potential for a real life flame job :devil: down the side of the truck after discarding said heater upon finishing your drag...and Lord help you if the tank is cracked or corroded & starts to leak...fumes = booms! :waah: Second (And you need to put your serious face when look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself this important question): :tms: Who really wants to be driving around town with 15+ gallons of extremely flammable material sitting less than 6" behind them?? The way I see it, by taking the extra time, putting in a little effort, and moving the tank out of the cab you can effectively double your fuel capacity, quadruple your safety factor, and infinitely improve your noise factor. :metal: Finally, for the young guys (And us older who are hard of hearing) the space freed up from moving the tank frees up more space that can be put to use holding more amps, more speakers, & more subs which all = more sounds!
:gi:
Just a thought.
AK

"Why Build It If You Can't Drive It?"

bowtieboy93 12-16-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK72K10 (Post 3031281)
OK guys, now why stuff 10lbs of monkey crap into the proverbial 5lb bag? The way I see it, the Blazer tank relocate under the bed serves as a solution to multiple problems. First, for all of us who still burn "Heaters" :smoke: (And have loose gas caps like me and my K10...) it eliminates the potential for a real life flame job :devil: down the side of the truck after discarding said heater upon finishing your drag...and Lord help you if the tank is cracked or corroded & starts to leak...fumes = booms! :waah: Second (And you need to put your serious face when look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself this important question): :tms: Who really wants to be driving around town with 15+ gallons of extremely flammable material sitting less than 6" behind them?? The way I see it, by taking the extra time, putting in a little effort, and moving the tank out of the cab you can effectively double your fuel capacity, quadruple your safety factor, and infinitely improve your noise factor. :metal: Finally, for the young guys (And us older who are hard of hearing) the space freed up from moving the tank frees up more space that can be put to use holding more amps, more speakers, & more subs which all = more sounds!
:gi:
Just a thought.
AK

"Why Build It If You Can't Drive It?"

people would do that, but alot dont have the money, and its perfectly safe if you drive careful.

bamaboy165 12-16-2008 08:58 PM

i agree with bowtie

pissonNOS 12-16-2008 09:05 PM

i still dont agree with the safety issue theres really isnt much difference when u see the other tanks along side the bed is there? or slip tanks the farmers and riggers have?? anyways I have an older rockford 8 under seat of my truck and at first i had put some blocks under the seat for it but ated that so i just cut the box down till it fit under and then made a little cage for the sub for my "bigger" passengers and all was solved mind you i am positive the box is no where near the needed air for it but it still sounds better than one old dash speaker

texanidiot25 12-17-2008 05:45 PM

I want to say Pioneer had a sweet ass little setup a few years ago. It was a small box ( mail box size, maybe) that held a row of several 5-6 inch subs, in a custom box. It was engineered to produce the sound of a pair of 10s (think bose wave radio sort of killer package). Talking to a car audio friend of mine says it does live up to it's word though.

Shallow mount boxes though, dont sound as good as normal boxes. Maybe an 8 or 10 inch sub in a large, but shallow box would have enough volume inside (and ported right) to get the sound of a bigger box.

Bazoka tubes are awesome, their small, and are ported and built right, out of the box. Myself, I'll be running a 2nd-gen Escalade sub, their self enclosed 8-inch subs from Bose I wanna say. Though they tend to be hard on Amps, we shall see where it fits.

allen123 12-17-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtieboy93 (Post 3031394)
people would do that, but alot dont have the money, and its perfectly safe if you drive careful.

Yeah same for me i just dont have the money to buy a tank

VA72C10 12-17-2008 09:45 PM

At a local cruise-in, there was a guy there with a stock tank and a bazooka tube standing up next to it on the driver's side I believe. He had taken the case apart and cut it down 2-3" but it fit and looked pretty slick. He said it sounded good as well but I never heard it.

allen123 12-17-2008 10:41 PM

how much do the bazookas cost
usually

pissonNOS 12-17-2008 11:54 PM

any bass tube sounds horrible IMO i would waste my money

72freak 12-18-2008 05:21 AM

I have done many truck type boxes under the seats with the sub pointed up and the tweets, mids and ports pointed out oward the front of the truck and it sounds great~! I put the amp in the middle of them. You just have to take the seat out to get them in and if your seat springs are weak you might feel tham on a good bump.

bamaboy165 12-18-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen123 (Post 3033412)
how much do the bazookas cost
usually

dont get one you will regret it