The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Vintage vehicles driving around. See one post it up. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=846302)

HO455 07-28-2023 09:17 PM

Vintage vehicles driving around. See one post it up.

5 Attachment(s)
Looking to see vintage vehicles being driven about the planet. Parked along the curb is fine, just rather not have photos from car shows. I see them all the time do you too?

Some to start off with. The first one I've saw 3 times around the Providence hospital in SE Portland before I caught it in the Providence parking lot. And the Corvette was a regular at my old banks parking garage.

yuccales 07-28-2023 10:17 PM

Re: Vintage vehicles driving around. See one post it up.

1 Attachment(s)
This is going to be a fun thread. ;) Saw this one in Calistoga.

HO455 08-02-2023 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this early 70's Ford today. Driver was not the friendly give a wave a kind of guy.

Gotenntitans 08-02-2023 11:58 PM

https://i.ibb.co/9tL8KrF/23543560-8-...105-E503-A.jpg

special-K 08-03-2023 05:59 AM

Great theme for a thread. One thing I love about living where I do is I get the coolest vehicles rolling past here. There are a few pro-streeters I'll hear them idle thumping along, hitting stall speed once and I while to keep rolling long before rounding the bend. I'm in the middle of a straight stretch and when they see me out they'll give it a tap. Love it! And they know I do. The hyped out modern speedy cars flashing by get a finger and big fat "SLOW DOWN". The coolheaded badass cars get a thumbs up. Motorcycle clubs, groups of 10-20-50 roll past. A Model A couple, spittin' and popping as he rolls into the bend, putting by in the early morning. All kinds of classics from '40s-'70s.

In town I see them doing their errands or just cruising around. I followed a '69 Camaro Pace Car with top down down Main St yesterday. My camera needs a battery or charger I have yet to order. I really need to do that. I'm funny, but I use camera/laptop together with using the forum/e-mail and only internet on phone is Facebook and Google results. I 'm taking pictures with the phone as much as I was with my camera. So I could save to my laptop off of FB I guess

Keith Seymore 08-03-2023 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9226129)
Saw this early 70's Ford today. Driver was not the friendly give a wave a kind of guy.

Funny. I had my '63 GP out yesterday and saw two other vintage cars (an old Ford LTD and a MOPAR). Neither of those guys waved back.

Kinda awkward (like extending your hand for a handshake and getting rejected).

K

Gotenntitans 08-03-2023 08:27 PM

This is, indeed, gonna be a cool thread. There are several older 80s and older that I see in my town fairly regularly. I’ll try to snap some pics and post em.

67C10Step 08-04-2023 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Local guy owns this truck and I see it from time to time.

tutone 08-04-2023 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 9226276)
Funny. I had my '63 GP out yesterday and saw two other vintage cars (an old Ford LTD and a MOPAR). Neither of those guys waved back.

K

When I drive one of my classics, I wave anyway. My Grandpa died when I was 10. I rode with him alot as a kid. Back then, most people waved at each other. When he would encounter one that didn't he would mutter the words
"Non waving son of a b$@%#". I smile and think of Poppy every time it happens to me. Bring it on, I say.

rustytruck50 08-04-2023 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 9226276)

K

That's unfortunate Keith....the Elitist Enthusiasts just don't appreciate the history and cool like the majority of us.

Boog 08-04-2023 06:37 PM

I find I get a wave on old county roads these days. Not so much in town. I thought I was getting a wave at me up town just a while ago, turned out the guy was giving someone the finger. I hope it wasn't me? ;)

GOPAPA 08-04-2023 10:48 PM

Lately without my old 71 Automatic that I sold I do not get to take photos of another older car or truck becasuse I have so much to do to drive my own .. mine is my (Avatar Photo) and it's a 4 speed and has a hard clutch .. Lots of shifting up and down... plus I plainly do not go much of anywhere any more.. I will keep a look out for a classic stopped where I can stop and grab a photo ..

yuccales 08-04-2023 11:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this good looking two door '65 today.

mr.mud1 08-04-2023 11:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i was on a mission today,3 hours from home to look again with a man with buildings full of cars and trucks and lo and behold,left home without my sunglasses so i stopped at Wally World in Truro,Nova Scotia on the way to buy a new pair of glasses and this early 70's Trans Am was sitting there,gone when i came out but a sharp car.

GOPAPA 08-05-2023 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2285036

tutone 08-05-2023 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Parking lot fodder. I guess it is vintage. I sorta like it.

HO455 08-05-2023 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm pretty sure this military jeep pick up is a late 60's. Saw it parked in downtown Vancouver.

Steeveedee 08-05-2023 10:35 PM

Went to an in-town vehicle meetup. I'm a lazy old goat, I didn't take any pics. HOT. When I got in my econobox, it showed 102 in the shade. Wasn't supposed to be this hot today. People came and were splitting early, even though the afternoon breeze off the ocean (15+ miles away) was kicking in. Didn't take the truck, because I was visiting member Richard earlier in the day and saw that I had coolant puddling in the street, across from this house. I'll look at that tomorrow. I'm hoping that it's something simple like the water pump. Got a freebie grille insert from Richard, and got that installed between our visit and the meetup. Thank you very much, Richard! It'll be nice to have a correct grille in this truck after all these years.

I was bad. There was a beautifully restored Lincoln Zephyr with the flathead V-12 in it. I told the owner that it needed two more carburetors. It had some puny 1-BBL downdraft carburetor on it.

farmall 08-05-2023 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9227356)
I'm pretty sure this military jeep pick up is a late 60's. Saw it parked in downtown Vancouver.

I have one of those. It is a Jeep 1-1/4 ton M715.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...ih=535&dpr=1.6

special-K 08-23-2023 07:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Workin' it

mr.mud1 08-23-2023 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9233185)
Workin' it

still out earning a days pay.

special-K 08-23-2023 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9233186)
still out earning a days pay.

Yes it was. In good style!

HO455 08-24-2023 08:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Saw these two in my neighborhood this week. I know the Saab gets driven all the time but I've never seen the Chevelle being driven but it must as it's not always parked in the same place in front of the house.

Steeveedee 08-24-2023 10:09 AM

Nice! I had a silver '64 SS way back in the dim and misty.

72c20customcamper 08-24-2023 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9227076)
i was on a mission today,3 hours from home to look again with a man with buildings full of cars and trucks and lo and behold,left home without my sunglasses so i stopped at Wally World in Truro,Nova Scotia on the way to buy a new pair of glasses and this early 70's Trans Am was sitting there,gone when i came out but a sharp car.

I don’t understand why people park like this . It’s not going to stop someone from parking next to them . I think it actually invites a butthole to park next to it