The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Center Console Organizer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=806897)

SeventyOne 05-26-2020 07:51 PM

Center Console Organizer

Looking to see what all you great minds have done. My console is just a vast open space and seems like some structure in there would help a lot. So let's see what you all bought or made!

harrisoncole4 05-28-2020 05:02 PM

Re: Center Console Organizer

Good idea! I would think someone could 3d print something that would work really well.

SeventyOne 05-28-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrisoncole4 (Post 8747839)
Good idea! I would think someone could 3d print something that would work really well.

That would be awesome

SeventyOne 06-02-2020 01:16 PM

Nobody else have an input or ideas/products they use? Everyone just lives with their cavernous console as is haha

simicrintz 06-02-2020 09:37 PM

I wish I had a cavernous console.......

lux 06-02-2020 11:46 PM

I'm curious about this as well. I just finished up my nice original console and will do something with the inside. I just dont have a plan yet.

caseyfromMO 06-03-2020 10:55 AM

Just line it, fill it with ice and make it a cooler

SeventyOne 06-03-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyfromMO (Post 8751117)
Just line it, fill it with ice and make it a cooler

Winner. Close the thread down we dont need any more input :mm:

caseyfromMO 06-03-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventyOne (Post 8751148)
Winner. Close the thread down we dont need any more input :mm:

In all seriousness, I have my console just sitting there with nothing in it! An organizer of some sort would be nice but most of the time it's empty besides a pistol.

SeventyOne 06-03-2020 02:07 PM

Yeah - doesnt sound like anyone has a good solution so I might just have to do some trial and error purchases to see what works.

JJH Jimmy 06-04-2020 10:18 AM

I kind of like the cavernous console. It is a good spot to stash a jacket or a sweat shirt for the cool nights. It is also a good spot to put anything you dont want in plain sight hid away from sticky fingers since i run topless. I feel some sort of organizer may ruin those qualities. I usually dont have my pistol on me in my Jimmy mainly because there is not a good spot to lock it up if i need to. However, i just bought a biometric safe that i am going to mount under the drivers seat due to the craziness going on these days.

simicrintz 06-04-2020 10:53 AM

It does my heart good to hear of you folks with your pistols. That would never fly here in California :(

SeventyOne 06-04-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simicrintz (Post 8751773)
It does my heart good to hear of you folks with your pistols. That would never fly here in California :(

Pretty sure you can carry your firearm in your vehicle if its locked up, Simi.

simicrintz 06-04-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventyOne (Post 8751888)
Pretty sure you can carry your firearm in your vehicle if its locked up, Simi.

That is true; my envy is their ability to have it available if needed. By the time I fumble around to open the locked area it may just be too late :(

Killer Bee 06-04-2020 08:13 PM

the hell y'all taking about :confused:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1uaam326m0b...15574.jpg?dl=0

SeventyOne 06-04-2020 11:13 PM

aaanyways...center console organizers???

Copper116 06-24-2020 12:42 AM

Would making a mold by lining the interior space with foil, spray it with releasing agent so it won't stick to the original console. Then pour in liquid latex and while it's setting up; press in treated items like a a few small boxes i.e. square, rectangular etc... and remove them when it cures. This way you can design it the way you want and it'll be flexible for easier removal for cleaning. I'm just thinking outside the box...

SeventyOne 06-24-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copper116 (Post 8762968)
Would making a mold by lining the interior space with foil, spray it with releasing agent so it won't stick to the original console. Then pour in liquid latex and while it's setting up; press in treated items like a a few small boxes i.e. square, rectangular etc... and remove them when it cures. This way you can design it the way you want and it'll be flexible for easier removal for cleaning. I'm just thinking outside the box...

That's a pretty cool idea. I could get a spare console bottom to play around with....hmmm maybe a future project!

harrisoncole4 06-25-2020 12:46 PM

If we're getting serious with our console organizer ideas, why not do a 3d scan of the console bottom, and then have something designed and 3d printed? The actual product would cost close to nothing. Spread the design costs over a medium sized quantity product run, and it would be pretty reasonable.

SeventyOne 06-25-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrisoncole4 (Post 8763673)
If we're getting serious with our console organizer ideas, why not do a 3d scan of the console bottom, and then have something designed and 3d printed? The actual product would cost close to nothing. Spread the design costs over a medium sized quantity product run, and it would be pretty reasonable.

Potentially - it's not something I have any experience with, however. Guess I can do some googling...

Rickjz 02-07-2021 12:24 PM

Did you ever come up with something? I’m putting power window switches in the front of the console and maybe a divider inside near the front to mount my amp. That should leave plenty of room for guns and jackets!

SeventyOne 02-08-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickjz (Post 8876465)
Did you ever come up with something? I’m putting power window switches in the front of the console and maybe a divider inside near the front to mount my amp. That should leave plenty of room for guns and jackets!

I haven't - not at the top of my priority list yet as I've been sorting through other issues and upgrading to EFI. But perhaps later this year. Been thinking of just going to a local TAP plastics and seeing what I could make with some acrylic or whatever they recommend.

Rickjz 02-08-2021 11:47 PM

Have you decided which way to go on EFI? I went with FiTech. Fired it on the dyno, but haven't got it on the street yet.

SeventyOne 02-09-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickjz (Post 8877346)
Have you decided which way to go on EFI? I went with FiTech. Fired it on the dyno, but haven't got it on the street yet.

I went Edelbrock Pro Flo 4. I didn't want to install a throttle body injection system.

Rickjz 03-05-2022 09:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finally got around to finishing my console.