The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Have you all seen this? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=769011)

colgad 08-07-2018 09:07 PM

Have you all seen this?

1 Attachment(s)
Rear Cab C10

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/...y-interesting/

truckster 08-07-2018 09:15 PM

Re: Have you all seen this?

It showed up on here a few weeks ago.

davepl 08-08-2018 12:20 PM

That is an answer to a question that nobody asked if I've ever seen one!

Not that you can tell from the photo that well, but from what I can seem, it looks surprisingly well built, so someone was serious about it!

special-K 08-08-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckster (Post 8317780)
It showed up on here a few weeks ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davepl (Post 8318084)
That is an answer to a question that nobody asked if I've ever seen one!

I see it as a yes to the question asked.

leddzepp 08-08-2018 02:40 PM

So is it front wheel drive?

54blackhornet 08-08-2018 07:32 PM

What would possess someone to do such a thing :uhmk:

71sierragrande 08-08-2018 07:40 PM

He just wanted to shift some weight to the rear wheels and got a little carried away.

hamjet 08-09-2018 05:32 AM

I personally think that with all that GM horse power that when he left the red light the whole cab slid to the back, who knows where the bed ended up....

richards72chevy 08-09-2018 07:10 AM

I think they were built that way originally for some sort of moving purpose in the aircraft industry.This guy got one and fixed it up.I think it's cool but it would be a pain in the ass driving it around town.

special-K 08-09-2018 07:42 AM

It's still rwd with regular front a-arm assembly. But must use full hydraulic steering. I wonder how often he talks to the cops on the side of the road. I think the guy built it as an engine stand to do real world engine tests.

Or hey, just occurred to me. Is that a Chevy engine? Could it be a Ford and we just came in the middle of the Chevy eating it up?

Grumpy old man 08-09-2018 07:49 AM

Perfect example of "just because you can build something it doesn't mean you should" , Huge waste of time and materials ,Accident waiting to happen :smoke:

What's next an "eco friendly" electric car you have to plug in every few hundred miles ?

Ol Blue K20 08-09-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8318543)
Perfect example of "just because you can build something it doesn't mean you should" , Huge waste of time and materials ,Accident waiting to happen :smoke:

What's next an "eco friendly" electric car you have to plug in every few hundred miles ?

:lol::lol: them electric cars is here......:lol:

special-K 08-09-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8318657)
:lol::lol: them electric cars is here......:lol:

The ones around here run on coal and nukes.

davepl 08-09-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8318155)
I see it as a yes to the question asked.

Oh it's a yes, but still think no one asked. Unless you can find someone asking before this truck was built!

Unless, as someone suggested, these actually were built for some USEFUL purpose and this guy just "found and restored" one. Then I'd eat some crow.

Quote:

I've got one of those too, a P100D, but what is it? Is it a rip-snorting, world-fastest accelerating production car to 60 EVER? Or am I an ecowarrior saving the planet with my 18 panels and a solar car?

You'll never know, but given this is the 67-72 TRUCK forums, odds are the answer is "both".

special-K 08-09-2018 11:16 AM

You can eat what you want, Dave. But the original poster asked, "Have you all seen this?", and the answer was, "It was on here a few weeks ago". I see that as an answer to the question. The question was addressed to us all and the answer given tells it has already been shown here where at least some of us all would have seen it. It's an indirect answer, not a simple yes or no, but it tells the person asking that some of us all have seen this already and it tells we saw it here on this site. Now while Truckster's reply does not necessarily say the he 'saw' it. I realize it could be someone he knows saw it and he only 'heard' about it. But by the affirmative nature of his post I'd say he saw that thread himself. What he was saying in his own way is that very same picture was shown right here just a few weeks ago, so a lot of us already saw it. But that's cool.