The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Green Steering Wheel Color ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516372)

VWNate1 03-26-2012 02:41 AM

Green Steering Wheel Color ?

So ;

I take it there's TWO different greens ? .

I bought a new one and it's a lighter , more ' yellow ' shade of green than the old one ,it matches the rest of the interior's green really well .

I then found an original light green steering wheel *exactly* the same color as this new one .

Is the correct , darker green one available anywhere ? .

I don't like this .

It's very pretty , I just don't like that it's not the same original color .

TIA ,

special-K 03-26-2012 09:42 AM

Re: Green Steering Wheel Color ?

I'd have to see pictures to follow you at all. The only green steering wheel I know of being made is the Olive shade. The standard interior green is not and neither is the aqua.

VWNate1 03-27-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 5275638)
I'd have to see pictures to follow you at all. The only green steering wheel I know of being made is the Olive shade. The standard interior green is not and neither is the aqua.

Thanx ! I'm pretty sure you just answered my question .

This truck is the standard green and the new steeringn wheel is Olive Green .

Bummer .

I cam live with it though .

I got my folding backrest bench seat back from the trimmer to - day and installed it , it looks & sits well , very hard with good Lumbar support .

it's about 1/2" too thick , I hope that crushes down ere long .

I gave to old seat that's in VGC to " 50 Bomb " who needs someone to haul it from Pasadena to Garden Grove....

special-K 03-27-2012 09:56 PM

The reproduction ones are painted,so you could paint one of those.

It's funny,even before they started reproducing steering wheels I knew that standard green was hard to find. One day I passed one laying on the side of the road. It must have fallen off a truck?I dunno,but I turned around and picked it up. It was in great shape,too. I had a Woodland Green C/30 Stepside with that color interior that needed a wheel bad. Funny how things work out when you're not trying sometimes. I wish I could win the lottery without trying!

VWNate1 03-28-2012 09:18 AM

Re : Green Steering Wheel Color ?

Painted eh ? .

That's too bad .

Maybe I'll send it out , we have a good place here in So. Cal. " Koch's " .

He did the ivory steering wheel in my old '49 3100 shop truck .

50bomb 03-28-2012 09:35 AM

Thanks Nate that would be cool if someone here can help me pick that up. If so maybe I got a part someone needs in exchange for helping me pick the bench seat up. Let me know.