The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone Know this Truck. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752375)

lowdownstar 12-11-2017 08:37 PM

Anyone Know this Truck.

1 Attachment(s)
anyone know who owns this truck i am looking at buying it...

Thanks

mr48chev 12-11-2017 08:48 PM

Re: Anyone Know this Truck.

Not that I can remember. Just something to think about, "great rust" adds no value.

MARTINSR 12-11-2017 10:49 PM

Don't like that style at all, but it does look like a very nice truck.

Brian

joedoh 12-11-2017 11:36 PM

I saw the ebay auction for it, havent seen it on the forum though. the auction pictures are really nice, it has a lot of nice work done.

I think buying it around the current bid price might be a pipe dream though.

Jesse Z 12-12-2017 05:09 AM

I also saw it on Ebay. Best looking GMC I've ever seen. S10 conversion. Perfect stance. Workmanship seems very good. A/C. Seller has some negative feedback: "drove 6 hours one way to pick-up, didn't buy. did not match sellers description" while another says "The truck was everything it said it was." Reserve is not met so we don't know what the actual price is, although I'm assuming you've made contact with the seller and negotiated something. If it runs as good as it looks, it's a winner.

mr48chev 12-12-2017 05:27 PM

For sure one of those check it out yourself before laying down any money rigs. From what the others said above it comes from one of the put them together and stick them on Ebay shops around the country and some do a nice job while others tend to cut a lot of corners in the name of making serious profit. Personally I'd rather see a guy buy a truck he watched someone on here do a build thread on, drove a year or two and put up for sale to finance the next build. Then you reasonably well know what you are getting in to.

lowdownstar 12-13-2017 07:44 PM

thanks guys for the great feed back.. i sent him an E-mail last week and never heard back, for me that is a big red flag.... Also i hate to buy anything on E-bay i don't have good luck with them. Again guys thanks for the great advice.

Ray

joedoh 12-13-2017 07:55 PM

yeah thats a red flag, I sell on ebay and the only thing that keeps me from answering a question is if the guy is just offering to sell away from ebay or is offering less than the bid.

my messages folder on ebay is full of guys like that, its the new economy. ask a price and get offered half with an explanation of why your price is too high.

my56chevytruck 12-13-2017 08:13 PM

Don't want to turn this into the let's kick Ebay around, but, I've had good luck with Ebay as long as you ask a lot of questions upfront both as a seller and buyer. Craigslist, well that's another story. i've almost gotten burned bad on that format. Won't sell or buy on that ever again. Have you looked at the other forums for that truck?

lowdownstar 12-13-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my56chevytruck (Post 8104341)
Don't want to turn this into the let's kick Ebay around, but, I've had good luck with Ebay as long as you ask a lot of questions upfront both as a seller and buyer. Craigslist, well that's another story. i've almost gotten burned bad on that format. Won't sell or buy on that ever again. Have you looked at the other forums for that truck?

To tell you the truth i haven't... It sucks buying from anywhere if you get hurt by the people selling it... I don't hate E-bay i just never had luck same as you with Craigslist... thanks for the info

Ray

lowdownstar 12-13-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 8104333)
yeah thats a red flag, I sell on ebay and the only thing that keeps me from answering a question is if the guy is just offering to sell away from ebay or is offering less than the bid.

my messages folder on ebay is full of guys like that, its the new economy. ask a price and get offered half with an explanation of why your price is too high.

he did get back to me today, and said he did add more pictures to the add because of my question... Thanks for you input.

Ray

lowdownstar 12-13-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr48chev (Post 8103362)
For sure one of those check it out yourself before laying down any money rigs. From what the others said above it comes from one of the put them together and stick them on Ebay shops around the country and some do a nice job while others tend to cut a lot of corners in the name of making serious profit. Personally I'd rather see a guy buy a truck he watched someone on here do a build thread on, drove a year or two and put up for sale to finance the next build. Then you reasonably well know what you are getting in to.

I wish i could find some one from the forum that i did see build, that would be cool. Great thought thanks

DransportGarage 12-13-2017 09:33 PM

I was thinking someone near Nashville Indiana would go see the truck for you. I'm 3 hours away, which is a little too far.

Softpatch 12-14-2017 12:10 AM

No But I would Like to
Hello there....

DransportGarage 12-14-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softpatch (Post 8104551)
No But I would Like to
Hello there....

...that's why I mentioned the location to the folks here :wave:. Hope it's a good one and you get it!

lowdownstar 12-14-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DransportGarage (Post 8104417)
I was thinking someone near Nashville Indiana would go see the truck for you. I'm 3 hours away, which is a little too far.

i never even thought of asking anyone to do that for me...

Softpatch 12-15-2017 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DransportGarage (Post 8104949)
...that's why I mentioned the location to the folks here :wave:. Hope it's a good one and you get it!

Sorry I was joking you .

Good luck
Hope you get the truck.....Sp
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/ee...ac469f~mv2.jpg

CountofMonteCarlo84 12-15-2017 03:44 PM

My gut says that truck gets up around $30,000, maybe slightly below.

lowdownstar 12-15-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softpatch (Post 8105504)
Sorry I was joking you .

Good luck
Hope you get the truck.....Sp
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/ee...ac469f~mv2.jpg

it's cool lol

lowdownstar 12-15-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountofMonteCarlo84 (Post 8105863)

i think i am out already... not really willing to pay that much for it... to many things that are just so so....

thanks Ray

joedoh 12-15-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountofMonteCarlo84 (Post 8105863)

you have an accurate gut, reserve met at 27k.

CountofMonteCarlo84 12-18-2017 12:29 PM

Haha thanks. I keep up on what these and 67-72 C-10's are going for.

CountofMonteCarlo84 12-18-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 8106004)
i think i am out already... not really willing to pay that much for it... to many things that are just so so....

thanks Ray

Honestly, if it were a clean truck and you saw it in-person, it might have been worth it. After my truck search went on for quite a while, I realized paying a little more than I wanted for something that was nice was worth it... even if I was going to put more $$$ into it. Too many of the trucks I looked at were nice in photos, but then I would get there and drive-ability was garbage or the motor was misfiring, or any other host of issues. Once I found one decently put together, maybe not perfect, but very nice I was sold.

joedoh 12-18-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountofMonteCarlo84 (Post 8108046)
Honestly, if it were a clean truck and you saw it in-person, it might have been worth it. After my truck search went on for quite a while, I realized paying a little more than I wanted for something that was nice was worth it... even if I was going to put more $$$ into it. Too many of the trucks I looked at were nice in photos, but then I would get there and drive-ability was garbage or the motor was misfiring, or any other host of issues. Once I found one decently put together, maybe not perfect, but very nice I was sold.

yes, I have seen much less sell for much more. crate 350, rebuilt trans, new HVAC, new interior, new bags, new wheels and tires... I am not sure what is so so besides the chrome but I have built a few of these trucks and you probably couldnt put one together for what it sold for

lowdownstar 12-18-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 8108127)
yes, I have seen much less sell for much more. crate 350, rebuilt trans, new HVAC, new interior, new bags, new wheels and tires... I am not sure what is so so besides the chrome but I have built a few of these trucks and you probably couldnt put one together for what it sold for

I guess i am just not as smart as others.... I see a low $$ crate motor, a rebuilt trany with nothing extra, and a stock s-10 rear 10 bolt... for me it's that is what i call so so maybe for others that is perfect.... I did like the looks but again as others have said rust doesn't add valve... Some one else wanted bad enough to buy it. Good for both of them... just my 2 cents

Ray