The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Site Feedback and Announcements (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Account Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810268)

68bowtie 08-08-2020 12:32 PM

Account Suspension

Not wanting to start any bickering here, just an honest question.

If a forum member has an account suspended, do the rest of us get to know why? Was a rule broken... Were warnings given... Was there a certain number of member complaints... Etc...

Again not trying to be starting anything, but some transparency would be really helpful.

AussieinNC 08-08-2020 01:11 PM

Re: Account Suspension

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 8788799)
Not wanting to start any bickering here, just an honest question.

If a forum member has an account suspended, do the rest of us get to know why? Was a rule broken... Were warnings given... Was there a certain number of member complaints... Etc...

Again not trying to be starting anything, but some transparency would be really helpful.

As far as I am aware, it takes a lot of warnings and discussion between admins and the "offending" member...before an account is suspended....unless...the "offending" member has made a post or comment that violates the User Guidelines...

Quickest way to get suspended is to post Nudity or SPAM....none of us have time for that sort of stuff...

Here is the link to the Forum Use rules

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...t.php?f=15&a=9

leddzepp 08-08-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 8788799)
If a forum member has an account suspended, do the rest of us get to know why?

No. It’s between the member and administration.

Steeveedee 08-08-2020 02:52 PM

I think it takes heavy duty shocks.

:D

68bowtie 08-08-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 8788828)
No. It’s between the member and administration.

Ok. I guess I will be left to my assumptions, which means a strong opinion about how this website is managed.

Stocker 08-08-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 8788861)
Ok. I guess I will be left to my assumptions, which means a strong opinion about how this website is managed.

Opinions are free.... :)

In my opinion, this website is managed by the site owners, who do a terrific (and often thankless) job. As owners they are free to run things as they see fit. This place is their home and we are their guests, but sometimes guests get out of line and are shown the door.

Publicly explaining all that goes into their decisions would likely open a whole nother can of worms. I'll admit to idle curiousity at times, but in the end it's none of my business. I respect management's decisions without being privy to everything that goes on behind the scenes.

AussieinNC 08-08-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 8788868)
Opinions are free.... :)

In my opinion, this website is managed by the site owners, who do a terrific (and often thankless) job. As owners they are free to run things as they see fit. This place is their home and we are their guests, but sometimes guests get out of line and are shown the door.

Publicly explaining all that goes into their decisions would likely open a whole nother can of worms. I'll admit to idle curiousity at times, but in the end it's none of my business. I respect management's decisions without being privy to everything that goes on behind the scenes.

:mm::mm::mm:

The response from Stocker sums it up..the Admins do a great job and as mentioned, this site is their home and should be treated as such...with respect.

68Gold/white 08-08-2020 07:54 PM

ALL, ALL conversations here are about pickups and the folks that own them! Kindness, decency, polite manners, good and positive words are always used!!!

This website is like our country, the only place I want to be!!! The old saying about telling a joke, if you can't tell it to your grandma, you can' tell it to anyone...applies here!!!

Family values apply here. We are one family! We treat others here, the way the Lord intended us to!!! There's no choices in these things, here!!!

Carry On!!!

Liz 08-08-2020 11:53 PM

People are not suspended without a real reason. As a long term members, you should know we typically don't discuss member accounts with users other than those involved. Feel free to PM me or Josh with any questions.

Thanks