The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   one of a kind 70' (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=442551)

one of a kind 70' 01-24-2011 06:27 PM

one of a kind 70'

Truck Info
• Manufacturer: Chevrolet
• Year: 1970
• Suspension type: Rear leaf-Front coil
• Front Brakes: Drum
• Modifications: none as of yet
• Rear Brakes: Drum
• Steering: Power
• Front differential type / Gears:
• Rear differential type / Gears: 3:73 posi-traction

Body
• Color Scheme: Undecided
• Body man: All work will be done by myself and my son.
• Modifications: Planning on dropping it 2.5 in the front and 3.5 in the rear.
• Paint Type: Polyurethane
• Painter: paint will be done by Darryl Peek of Asheville, NC

Interior
• Color: Undecided
• Material: Cloth and Carpet
• Upholsterer: I will do this myself if it’s not too complicated.
• Wiring: Factory wiring with modifications done by me.
• Modifications: Led dash and gauge lights.
• Steering wheel/Column: Factory automatic.
• Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Kenwood system complete with subs behind the seat and mids in the dash and in the kick panels.
• Air Conditioning: n/a
• Instrument Gauges: Digital

Engine
• Cubic Inch: 350/500 hp
• Manufacturer: Chevrolet
• Camshaft: Competition
• Cylinder heads: Factory 041
• Valve Covers: Edelbrock
• Intake Manifold: Wiend dual plane
• Ignition System: HEI with 50,000 volt Accel Coil
• Exhaust type: Flowtech headers with 3 inch pipe out the sides behind the tires with X-pipe and Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers.
• Carburetor or Fuel Injection: Rochester 650 4v carb

Transmission
• Automatic / Standard: Factory 3 speed as of now but will replace with 700r4.
• Torque Converter: 3000 stall. Provider undecided.
• Modifications: None yet.
• Shifter type: Factory column.
• Drive Shaft: Aluminum

Biography
• What is your name? Bryan Burleson
• Please share a few things about yourself. Well to start off with I have 3 children from a previous marriage and a step-son with my new wife. Married to the best woman in the world. I am a Heavy equipment operator. My first encounter with the 67-72 trucks came when I was about 2 yrs old and have had one in my life ever since. I am currently restoring my dad’s 70’ 4wd LWB which he has had for almost 35 yrs. I bought my son’s the same day I bought mine. His is a 70’ SWB and I have since sold my 69’ SWB. The 70’ SWB will be his Senior project/Graduation present. Most of my summers are spent at lake Keowee in Seneca SC.
• How long have you owned your truck? 6yrs
• What made you decide to buy this truck? I bought this truck because I have never seen a swb chevy of that era with leaf spring in the rear.
• How do you store your truck, at home, garage, outside etc? Currently its outside (but just till summer when I can work on it). What do you enjoy about your truck the most? My son and I can work on it together and that means more to me than anything in this world!
• Who or what was your biggest influence in building your truck? My passion for these trucks.
• What has been the biggest obstacle you have faced in working on your project? As usual… MONEY! How did you/do you handle it? Just take it one step at a time.
• What/who is your favorite/best part source? Just found a new source in Hickory NC. Dave’s Truck Parts 828-695-8144
• What are some things have helped your project to be a success?
• What is the history behind your truck? I am the third owner.
• What do you use your truck for? (hauling, cruising, daily driver, shows, drag racing, work truck, mudding etc): Daily driver when completed
• What is your favorite memory with your truck?
• What’s your favorite modification done to truck and why?
• If you had one thing to do over on your build, what would it be and why?
• What are your future plans for your truck?
• What words of advice do you have to people who are just starting out with their project? Be prepared for the worst and expect greatness.