The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=533920)

Ta2Don 11-17-2018 03:25 PM

Re: Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build...

I want to wish a heartfelt thanks to all of my Cyber-Brothers out here. Between my promotion to manager and taking care of my disabled wife, time to get on here comes at a premium. Not to mention I've been busy with a novel I plan to self-publish on Amazon in the near future. Yesterday after work I watched the Stepper drive away with it's new owner.:waah:

Here are a few of the last Pics I took..

Doing Truck stuff...:chevy:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4877/...93062ce5_c.jpgUntitled by Donald Olivo, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4837/...fe050de6_c.jpgUntitled by Donald Olivo, on Flickr

After bringing me to work one early morning...
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4803/...32698383_c.jpgUntitled by Donald Olivo, on Flickr

Future Project???:metal: 1950 Chevy Styleline
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4862/...2e477bdc_c.jpgUntitled by Donald Olivo, on Flickr

For those interested in reading my ramblingz, contact me and I can email a copy...;)

mjh1965 11-18-2018 08:03 AM

I am so sorry that you had to sell your stepper . If it wasn’t for that truck, I wouldn’t have met you and made a friend. Well the truck can go but the friendship is still there so I am glad for that . I am sure others on here feel the same .
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psqa6mjtjb.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

likaroc13 11-19-2018 09:13 AM

Congrats on your promotion! Best wishes to you wife. That's too cool about the novel, & I dig the possible future project. Is the new owner of the truck a member here?

rusty76 11-19-2018 07:23 PM

Whatever you do don’t leave the forum. We all would still like to here from you. Godspeed

TJ's Chevy 11-24-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty76 (Post 8387704)
whatever you do don’t leave the forum. We all would still like to here from you. Godspeed

x2!!!

Ta2Don 04-16-2020 06:15 PM

Hello Everyone out here who still remembers me. The new project never panned out. All's well though, at least now. Other than staying busy with work and writing, 2020 started out with a kick in the gut. My wife woke me on Jan 29th unable to catch her breath. Long story short, she had contracted the Flu and one of her lungs shut down. That morning she was sedated and intubated. A week later she was moved to another hospital and put on an ECMO machine, Life support, while the Drs attempted to determine why she wasn't able to breathe on her own. She remained sedated and on life support until Feb 15th. She was then transferred to a local hospital for Long Term Acute Care. From there she was transferred to an in-house Physical Therapy unit at a local Nursing hone which lasted less than 24 hours. Following 16 hours of constant neglect, We brought her home and have Home Health helping. She is slowly building her strength and moving toward the finish line.

On the lighter side, I published my novel. Non-Compliant on Amazon and Apple iBooks. Now I need to check out where everyone's at on their builds and whatnot.

Don

Palf70Step 04-16-2020 07:05 PM

Glad to see you back on Don. Sorry to hear about your wife, but glad she seems to be improving.

clemdaddy 04-16-2020 07:17 PM

Hey Don, So sorry about your girl's strange trip with the medical system. That neglect in the nursing home really chaps me. Very glad you're past that part of her recovery. All our prayers and best wishes for you both.

realvc 04-16-2020 09:01 PM

Hey Bro. it really was great to visit with you today.
We are praying for you and your wife.
God Bless you both.

likaroc13 04-17-2020 03:30 PM

So sorry to hear about your wife, but I'm glad to hear she has turned the corner & now greatly improving. Congrats on the book publishing, & it's a bummer the new project didn't pan out.

Not much to see on my build unfortunately. It's beginning to seem as though I'll have to go another route for anything significant to get done.:waah:

Ta2Don 04-17-2020 08:25 PM

Thanks Guys!!!

The Missus is working daily and building strength in her legs. After being bed-ridden for 2 months, she is working with Physical Therapy in order to be able to stand and walk again. She's now able to transfer from the bed to a wheelchair on her own. Standing is just around the corner. Progress is slow and steady. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

If anyone is interested in reading the book, and use an iPhone, PM me and I can hook you up with a free download code for iBooks. For those of you who are old-school and want to hold a book in your hands, sorry, as of now, Non-Compliant is only available in Digital format. Thanks again, and I look forward to making time to check out the site. It's been awhile.

Don

65truckowner 04-20-2020 07:50 AM

Glad to hear from you It has been a while. Glad the wife is getting better.

pdxhall 04-21-2020 12:29 PM

It's great to hear from you. I was absent for about three years when I first retired and there were a lot of absent members when I got back to it. I'm happy that things are improving for your wife and congrats on your novel

Ta2Don 04-06-2021 09:18 PM

Wow! I can't believe it's almost been a year since I posted.My wife is back to normal and keeping me busy. Yesterday she started push-mowing the front yard, something she hasn't been able to do for a few years now due to the condition of her back.

I haven't found another project as of late. Between work and my writing career, time flies. I've published two books on Amazon with a third ready to land any day now. Two more are in the edit stages.

Ona a side note, Forty-three years ago today, I started basic training... Dang, I can't believe it's been that many years...

Thanks for taking the time to read this... I'll try and check in more often. Time to check out some builds.

TJ's Chevy 04-07-2021 01:54 AM

Great talking with ya today man! :chevy:

Palf70Step 04-07-2021 06:27 AM

So glad to see ya pop back in. Glad things are going better theree at the home front. Hope you can pop in more often.

realvc 04-07-2021 12:08 PM

Great to hear how your wife is doing and to hear from you too.
Take care bro.

Grizz1963 04-07-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 8904815)
Wow! I can't believe it's almost been a year since I posted.My wife is back to normal and keeping me busy. Yesterday she started push-mowing the front yard, something she hasn't been able to do for a few years now due to the condition of her back.

I haven't found another project as of late. Between work and my writing career, time flies. I've published two books on Amazon with a third ready to land any day now. Two more are in the edit stages.

Ona a side note, Forty-three years ago today, I started basic training... Dang, I can't believe it's been that many years...

Thanks for taking the time to read this... I'll try and check in more often. Time to check out some builds.

Great catching up with you last week,Don.

Why don’t you post a link to your books on here.

There may even be some literate peopleon here..l.l. :mm:

65truckowner 04-07-2021 09:14 PM

Glad to hear from you Don. Congratulation on the books

clemdaddy 04-08-2021 07:35 AM

That's great your lady is up and at 'em, she made an amazing recovery especially with all the other health problems going on. Very weird year we went through.
Congrats on the published books, Wow, who would have thought you had so many words in your head. I am not much of a reader but Kim is and she will check them out. She also has the tech to find them... not me, my phone is still a stupid flip phone.
Let us know if you want another truck project as there's always something worthy around here. Maybe you will be able to join us in this years toy drive, being held this coming November. Hope so, we've been missing you guys.

88Stanger 04-08-2021 10:44 AM

Don,
I may not know alot about you on here, but I am very pleased to read that your wife is much better and that your doing great with books and such. I hope you find a project soon so we can see you back at it with a C10.
God Bless my friend.

pdxhall 04-08-2021 11:48 AM

It's good to see you back. It's great to hear things are going okay.

Grizz1963 04-09-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Stanger (Post 8905423)
Don,
I may not know alot about you on here, but I am very pleased to read that your wife is much better and that your doing great with books and such. I hope you find a project soon so we can see you back at it with a C10.
God Bless my friend.

Well said.

Don is a close friend, despite the distance.

Making his actions speak for him, always generous, never complaining.

And knowing him, he probably has something up his sleeve.

likaroc13 04-14-2021 10:23 AM

Good to hear from you Don! Glad to hear your wife is doing better, & congrats on the book publishings. Sounds like you're staying busy with that. I haven't been on here much myself, as there's not much going on with any of my projects. Hope you come across something else to tinker with.