The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendors Marketplace (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   New: Porterbuilt Inner Frame Structure (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=623704)

Pro Performance 04-04-2014 10:09 PM

New: Porterbuilt Inner Frame Structure

This is Porterbuilt's new inner frame structure for the 63-72 C10, that is now in production. :metal: This inner frame structure will have the integrated trans mount and trailing arm crossmember, which are both adjustable. It will include all your hardware and frame mounting brackets to install into the truck.

This will work with most transmissions, including the 4L80E.

Priced @ $995

Porterbuilt Inner Frame Structure:
http://www.azproperformance.com/Port...63-72-C10.html

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_...o/IMG_4439.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z...o/IMG_4442.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-b...o/IMG_4443.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N...o/IMG_4441.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-S...o/IMG_4448.JPG

greystoke 04-05-2014 11:39 AM

Re: New: Porterbuilt Inner Frame Structure

that is one awesome piece. I'm in wait mode for a large porterbuilt order for my 59 so this will be another day.

Pro Performance 04-07-2014 05:39 PM

They did an awesome job on this one (as they always do), and really is a nice addition to their line up.

BR3W CITY 04-08-2014 02:08 AM

holy crap this is rad, but I'm curious....why? I get the trailing arm xmember, and I get the idea of the trans xmember...but is there a reason to put it all together in a box unit like this? Is it a structural rigidity thing (with the brackets boxing the frame out)?

C10_ustacould 04-08-2014 05:03 AM

Nope... don't need one... Nope... don't want one even a little bit...

CRAP!! I gotta have one!! Freakin' Nate and his new stuff!!

Pro Performance 04-08-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BR3W CITY (Post 6618216)
holy crap this is rad, but I'm curious....why? I get the trailing arm xmember, and I get the idea of the trans xmember...but is there a reason to put it all together in a box unit like this? Is it a structural rigidity thing (with the brackets boxing the frame out)?

It makes the frame more rigid, just as you mentioned, and also for aesthetic reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 6618270)
Nope... don't need one... Nope... don't want one even a little bit...

CRAP!! I gotta have one!! Freakin' Nate and his new stuff!!

:lol: I feel the same way!

rob32472 04-13-2014 07:23 AM

price with shipping to 30157 please.

bbcmudtruck 04-13-2014 08:57 AM

So would this help with cornering and planting high hp and tq? Help me justify this piece of art beyond the reasoning of art! Also, would i still be able to use 3" exhaust with a bbc, th 400 and gear vendors overdrive?

Pro Performance 04-14-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob32472 (Post 6626358)
price with shipping to 30157 please.

This item has to go via truck freight, so it is higher than usual, since it can't go in multiple boxes being one piece. I am still awaiting final shipping cost from PB on this, once they ship one and have an idea of freight costs. I will post back in this thread once I know for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcmudtruck (Post 6626455)
So would this help with cornering and planting high hp and tq? Help me justify this piece of art beyond the reasoning of art! Also, would i still be able to use 3" exhaust with a bbc, th 400 and gear vendors overdrive?

This will stiffen the frame and make it more rigid. As for getting the horsepower to the ground better, I would think it would help some by offering less flex, but very minimal. I don't have any exact numbers to give you on this, unfortunately. But like you said, it is an art piece, and will look good in the frame. :mm:

It will clear 3", and will have the regular clearance of their tubular trailing arm crossmember. The 3" is a little tight, but can be done.

bbcmudtruck 04-14-2014 02:19 PM

Cool. Any idea when they will be in stock?

rob32472 04-14-2014 05:18 PM

I will be waiting....:smoke:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Performance (Post 6628416)
This item has to go via truck freight, so it is higher than usual, since it can't go in multiple boxes being one piece. I am still awaiting final shipping cost from PB on this, once they ship one and have an idea of freight costs. I will post back in this thread once I know for sure.

This will stiffen the frame and make it more rigid. As for getting the horsepower to the ground better, I would think it would help some by offering less flex, but very minimal. I don't have any exact numbers to give you on this, unfortunately. But like you said, it is an art piece, and will look good in the frame. :mm:

It will clear 3", and will have the regular clearance of their tubular trailing arm crossmember. The 3" is a little tight, but can be done.

slowcpe 04-14-2014 08:20 PM

Not sure if I'm glad or not that I decided to wait on the trailing arm crossmember. That is going to cost me a whole lot more money as I now I have to have one.

Pro Performance 04-17-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcmudtruck (Post 6628491)
Cool. Any idea when they will be in stock?

This is on our list to stock, and should be on the next round of parts coming in. Right now, it is an appx. 8 week build time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob32472 (Post 6628701)
I will be waiting....:smoke:

Good news guys.... it looks like it can go regular UPS and shipping will be $150 in the lower 48 states. Shipping has been updated on our site.

https://www.azproperformance.com/Por...63-72-C10.html

biohazardbill 04-19-2014 05:30 PM

Im guessing to put that bad boy in you will have to completely separate both frame rails and reassemble?

rob32472 04-19-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazardbill (Post 6636481)
Im guessing to put that bad boy in you will have to completely separate both frame rails and reassemble?

This will boltin without seperating the frame rails... It has plates that bolt to the frame and then the structure bolts to them... This is designed for two peice drive shafts thou. I am running a one peice so that puts me out. Otherwise one would be headed my way already...

Rodzzilla 04-19-2014 10:12 PM

Can't wait.

Captainfab 04-20-2014 01:05 PM

Has Porterbuilt said that it won't work with a one piece driveshaft? I don't see why it won't work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob32472 (Post 6636731)
This will boltin without seperating the frame rails... It has plates that bolt to the frame and then the structure bolts to them... This is designed for two peice drive shafts thou. I am running a one peice so that puts me out. Otherwise one would be headed my way already...

Pro Performance 04-20-2014 02:13 PM

Your thinking is correct, and I have sold 2 piece trailing arm crossmembers to guys that think they may switch in the future, due to drop members. You will be fine, unless you just don't want the carrier bearing mounting spot there. I am sure a 1-piece version is around the corner.

rob32472 04-20-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Performance (Post 6637726)
Your thinking is correct, and I have sold 2 piece trailing arm crossmembers to guys that think they may switch in the future, due to drop members. You will be fine, unless you just don't want the carrier bearing mounting spot there. I am sure a 1-piece version is around the corner.

If you are sure this will work I will place the order... LMK for sure. Thanks

rob32472 04-20-2014 07:16 PM

Porterbuilt Fabrication:we don't yet make one set up for the one-piece driveshaft but it won't be hard for us to make the change and produce them as well.
April 17 at 5:25pm

This was posted on the porterbuilt facebook page. It does not say it wont work but doesn't say it will either

Pro Performance 04-21-2014 10:40 PM

I talked to Nate today, and it won't exactly work. The driveshaft will work clear through the trailing arm crossmember opening, but will more than likely not have enough clearance for movement.

You order, and it will come.... :lol:

It is in the works shortly, so if one is ordered, it will get built. Should be in the normal build time, but because it will be a first one, may add just a little time. Not many adjustments are needed.

Pro Performance 04-22-2014 12:08 PM

Wanted to mention, this is an introductory price of $995 for forum members, that will be good until the end of April. The price starting May 1st, will be $1,199.

The website will reflect the new price, but use coupon code "april" to get the $995 price. You are also welcome to call and order as well.

Pro Performance 04-29-2014 12:24 AM

TTT, there is 2 days left to get this Inner Frame Structure at the introductory price of $995.

Ulysses 10-06-2014 08:23 AM

I understand a ton of time has not passed but I would like to know if PB has built these for the stock drive shafts. I am very interested in the RB products.

Thank You

Ulysses

Pro Performance 10-06-2014 12:17 PM

Ulysses

Yes, this frame structure will work using a static drop to laying the frame on the ground.

- Travis