The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stolen last night (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=785268)

Gotenntitans 04-17-2019 08:53 AM

Stolen last night

1990 GMC Sierra
http://i64.tinypic.com/wmiba.jpg
Some POS stole my son's truck last night. Camden, Arkansas police department has been notified. Probably not gonna see it, but if anyone does please let me know. Thanks.

Warrens69GMC 04-17-2019 10:03 AM

Re: Stolen last night

Praying for the recovery.

Gotenntitans 04-17-2019 11:19 AM

Thanks, Man.

Loco83 04-17-2019 01:18 PM

Sorry to hear John,
Malo83

Gotenntitans 04-17-2019 01:26 PM

Thanks Malo.

Rich84 04-17-2019 02:32 PM

Stolen cars is an epidemic. The town I grew up in has 100k people. Almost 900 car thefts reported last year. Most of the perpetrators that were caught were juveniles. No fear no respect.

1976gmc20 04-17-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8508949)
Stolen cars is an epidemic. The town I grew up in has 100k people. Almost 900 car thefts reported last year. Most of the perpetrators that were caught were juveniles. No fear no respect.

Yeah, and if the cops spot your stolen rig out on the street, they will chase them down until they wreck and then shoot it full of bullet holes.

Gotenntitans 04-17-2019 07:58 PM

Just got a call that someone saw the truck nearby in Spring Hill, Arkansas, around 10 a.m. today.

bigdaddy4x4 04-17-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8508974)
Yeah, and if the cops spot your stolen rig out on the street, they will chase them down until they wreck and then shoot it full of bullet holes.

yep that does happen a lot . hope you get it back

Goats86 04-17-2019 10:51 PM

Seems like there is a lot of crime in Camden for a small town. I guess poverty is a driving force on that. When I first went there in about 1988, I think the population was 30k and had a thriving downtown. Now it's what 11k and nothing but wallymart?

Gotenntitans 04-18-2019 03:21 AM

Many businesses that were here in 1988 are gone and many more thieving crackheads are around now. It's not just here.

1957 Chief 04-18-2019 10:54 AM

Hate to hear that my friend. One of my good friends had his truck stolen last year in West Little Rock. They found it 2 weeks later in Russellville...thrashed all to hell.

I put a GPS tracker on my son's C10. Simple to put on and easy to hide.

Ill keep my eyes peeled up here in White County.

Bubba

Gotenntitans 04-18-2019 01:32 PM

Thanks Chief.

Jeepwm69 04-18-2019 02:43 PM

I work in Helena. We need to go back to hanging thieves and politicians and these little towns would clean up pretty quick.

Gotenntitans 04-18-2019 03:47 PM

I agree.

hatzie 04-18-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 (Post 8509548)
We need to go back to hanging thieves and politicians and these little towns would clean up pretty quick.

I have to agree with you on that one.
Laws are written to protect thieves because the politicians recognize their own kind.

shifty 04-18-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotenntitans (Post 8509310)
Many businesses that were here in 1988 are gone and many more thieving crackheads are around now. It's not just here.

Curious, which model did you go with? One of my buddies heads up Scout (findmyscout.com) and I've been considering going that route and buying a 3yr sub. Averages out to around $10/mo. The features they wire in with it are freaking incredible, regardless what you're looking to protect.

I remember back when I had my '68 C10, there weren't many products out there. "The Snitch" (GPS Snitch?) I think was the big one but I swear it it was like $20/mo+ to pay for the data connection to let it report back to you. I couldn't afford it!

The units have gotten tiny as can be! Small enough to throw inside the seat tube of a bike, in a rear ashtray, in the glovebox, anywhere. Incredible.

@Gotenntitans I really hope the truck comes back in the same condition you lost it. I've had so many friends get their vehicles stripped down to nothing. Granted, I'm in the city so ... with more human density comes more crimes and more opportunity, but still....

Gotenntitans 04-18-2019 10:48 PM

Thanks shifty. I'm thinking about a tracking unit for our 87. It was parked beside the 90 that got stolen. The thieves know it's there!

tvhj 04-19-2019 12:39 PM

That's a very nice looking truck, Hope you get it back in good shape, my '92 has been stolen twice, (I'm in Memphis), but the crooks never got it out of my neighborhood because a fuel pump kill switch kept it from starting. But they always punch the door and break the steering column, which are getting harder to find for a '92. Even with the kill switch, Viper alarm, Club, and a column guard, the punks will still try.

Gotenntitans 04-19-2019 04:30 PM

If we get it back, we're gonna put some devices on it to prevent this from happening again.

1976gmc20 04-19-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhj (Post 8510079)
That's a very nice looking truck, Hope you get it back in good shape, my '92 has been stolen twice, (I'm in Memphis), but the crooks never got it out of my neighborhood because a fuel pump kill switch kept it from starting. But they always punch the door and break the steering column, which are getting harder to find for a '92. Even with the kill switch, Viper alarm, Club, and a column guard, the punks will still try.

Makes you want to sleep in the cab with a .357 :devil:

Gotenntitans 04-19-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8510212)
Makes you want to sleep in the cab with a .357 :devil:

Yes, but you know if you did catch a thief in the act and pull the trigger.......you would be the one in jail.

hatzie 04-19-2019 06:23 PM

Lower life forms like thieves generally are likely to be armed with something quiet. Guns attract attention in town because they're noisy. Knives are easy to conceal and comparatively quiet. Guns cost significantly more than knives. And. It's a lot less time in prison for possession of a knife in the commission of a crime.

The .357 is to keep you from getting stabbed or shot if the thief is crazy enough to be armed with a pistol.

A double bitted felling axe would likely be fairly effective. I keep one over my front and back doors.
Carefully conceal a pistol in case they are armed with artillery and use the axe as an instrument of terror.
They aren't going to like being the guy that brought a knife to an axe fight.

You want them to be terrified of you and figure you're 3/5ths crazy. The guy with a big two edged axe chasing them down the street ought to instill that kind of terror.

Motion sensors with some kind of alarm inside along with disabling important electrical bits to slow em down would be worthwhile.

diveplane 04-20-2019 08:17 AM

why i have better preventative measures in my ride steer lock and few other stall tactics.
sorry to hear your ride got stolen, always good idea to throw in a gps locator hidden in cab.

Gotenntitans 04-20-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diveplane (Post 8510519)
why i have better preventative measures in my ride steer lock and few other stall tactics.
sorry to hear your ride got stolen, always good idea to throw in a gps locator hidden in cab.

Yes, I surely do wish we had taken some preventative measures. Nothing like this has ever happened to us or to anyone in our neighborhood. I believe we were definitely profiled. Just makes you even madder when you think some lowlife dirtbag followed you home and came back to your house and helped himself to your ride. And you know he had an accomplice, so there's at least two involved.

Cops haven't updated us since Thursday. They said then that they felt confident they would find it, but most likely minus some things.....maybe more or less things. The tires were worn down bad, but those rims are only a couple of years old and are near perfect. Some A.H. is probably riding on them somewhere tonight!