The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is this normal on Wilwood master cylinder? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=741192)

Ontcalimo 06-28-2017 01:49 AM

Is this normal on Wilwood master cylinder?

2 Attachment(s)
I just purchased a Wilwood Master Cylinder. But it appears it has a hair line crack. Is this defective or just me. Would you keep it or return it? This is supposed to be an American made product.

GR8-68 06-28-2017 05:56 AM

Re: Is this normal on Wilwood master cylinder?

Looks defective to me, but I can check mine when I go to the shop to see what it looks like. I believe I would try to get it replaced. :smoke:

Fldawg 06-28-2017 08:34 AM

is it a crack or casting mark, either way the money you spend on it i would send it back.

NoNeck 06-28-2017 04:04 PM

Yep, I would send it back. I would be constantly worried about it every time I had to brake.

POP

Ontcalimo 06-28-2017 09:57 PM

You guys are all right. I bought this Wilwood (American made) because I didn't trust the CPP after many people said CPP was just Chinese made crap stuff. I guess this American parts are not much different.

Robznob11 06-29-2017 12:49 AM

Definitely not like that on mine. Have them replace it
Posted via Mobile Device

Ontcalimo 06-30-2017 12:58 AM

Thanks, I send it out for refund.

TXBoudy 06-30-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ontcalimo (Post 7980120)
Thanks, I send it out for refund.

Smart move! Can't be too careful with brakes.

Ontcalimo 07-09-2017 12:30 PM

Yesterday I went to a Motorsports Store in Corona (prefer not to mention business name) and I was going to purchase the exact master cylinder from them. I notice that their Wilwood master cylinders (or atleast the model I previously had and returned) had the exact markings on them (we looked at two that were in stock). The seller agreed it did not look normal and stated he was going to contact the supplier. I decided not to by another one. So either this is normal, or a serious defect from Wilwood and a lack of quality control. We can make our own judgments on that. What do you guys think.

Eastonspeedworks 07-09-2017 07:50 PM

I've bought 5 of these units any every one of them have been flawless. I'm not sure how you came across several blemishes but wilwood is probably the only company I've never had a issue with. I've bought several other products from them as well

Ontcalimo 07-09-2017 09:14 PM

It seems it's probably a bad batch. I 'm thinking of contacting Wilwood and see what they have to say. All I know, I wish mine or the once I say yesterday, did not have those blemishes. This has halted my brake job on my truck, and I am not to happy about it.

skytop 11-03-2017 11:00 PM

Wilwood has the FINEST customer service I have ever seen. Call them and they will surely replaced it promptly.