The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Our Stuff... In Scale (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Any Star Trek Fans Out there? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=398919)

jbgroby 04-23-2010 09:03 AM

Any Star Trek Fans Out there?

Took A little over 4 months to fitout, custom Aztec masking, light and wiring kit. Glad it over. Turn on your sound when you watch the video, you might like the Sound Trek

This is why I miss meetings, and have not gotten any work done on the truck or other model in a while. Although the money went tright to the painter for my project.

Pictures here
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...75840779offIwc

Over the next 3-4 months here is what is on the workbench for clients.
in order of build.

1/1200th. Queen Mary (Tiny little monster)
1/350th. USS North Carolina (Trumpeter)
1/24th. de Havilland Mosquito (600 parts, most detailed aircraft kit ever made.
1/32 Flying Sub (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea)
1/32 Jupiter II (Lost in Space)
1/350th. USS Enterprise 1701-A (Same special effects lighting and painting detail)

90\87Formula 04-23-2010 06:43 PM

Re: Any Star Trek Fans Out there?

linky no worky

xflyboy 04-23-2010 08:59 PM

aren't all Stat Trek fans "out there" :lol:
you know as in outerspace

all of us Star Wars fans are out there too. :uhmk:

Palf70Step 04-24-2010 10:37 AM

Which version/generation? ;)

truckdude239 04-24-2010 01:58 PM

that from the new series enterprise i'd love to have one of those. i ama big trekie have allt he movies but have yet to start on the season sets i also have 200 plus start trek books

radhika 09-02-2010 04:40 AM

hey you made a space ship ha and that link is not working.
Post the link again.

fryer1979 09-02-2010 07:56 AM

A buddy of mine is really into the Star Trek replicas, and he gets really detailed with them. He's been working on one of the "refit Enterprise" (I think that's right) models in the large scale by Polar Lights for the better part of a year now. I'm not a fan personally, but this friend of mine does some impressive work (his "damaged" kits are out-of-this-world detailed). I'll try to find a link to the forums he posts in and edit it in here later if I can. The computers here block out anything from youtube so I'll have to check out your video when I'm around a different computer system.

jbgroby 09-02-2010 09:05 AM

Cool! I forgot I had posted this. have your contact me I built models year round. As in the first post the Queen Mary 2 is completede, the USS North Carolina is 95% finished and the Dehav. is about 1/2 finished.

jbgroby@charter.net

Jake

rambler 09-02-2010 12:15 PM

how did I miss this post??? I some boxes waiting to be worked on, just no time or room right now...

fryer1979 09-09-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 4169930)
Cool! I forgot I had posted this. have your contact me I built models year round. As in the first post the Queen Mary 2 is completede, the USS North Carolina is 95% finished and the Dehav. is about 1/2 finished.

jbgroby@charter.net

Jake

I talked to my buddy about this website and section, as well as forwarded him a link to this thread. He is also looking to pick up a 60-66 Chevy truck, so hopefully he signs on and checks it out. I know I mentioned his Star Trek projects, but he also does various military vehicles and is also currently working on a dioramic wreck scene with a Titanic kit. Seems like he'd fit in pretty good here too, hope he checks it out.

jbgroby 09-09-2010 07:55 AM

Fyer,

I opened my scale modeling business back in Back in 1982, been doing it ever since, I speclize in sailing ship models as you can see in the webshots link below. Back in 196 I was contacted by Minicraft Models to give "expert" opinion of their current big 1/350th Titanic as to inprovements and corrections. They also wanted a report on the Academy Models and how they violated the copy right, Academy knew there was a lot of money to be made in all things Titanic since the movie was comming out in a year. So Acadment simply copied it.

If you have one of the new Titanic, you'll find my name in the instructions for the design improvements and the accuraizing of the kit. It was fun to do and paid well, but having my name in the instruc. was worth more than the money.

Jake

fryer1979 09-10-2010 04:10 AM

That's really cool Jake. I'm not sure what vintage my buddy's kit is, but I'll take a look at the instruction sheet next time I'm over there. Would be cool to see.