The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   The Bufmobl Build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=653305)

Gobuffalo 10-28-2017 02:57 PM

Re: The Bufmobl Build

1 Attachment(s)
Also got the heater in, all of the sensors in for the Dakota Digital dash, new US Radiator and electric fans, inner fenders, battery box, etc.
Had to build an air cleaner system with a cold air box. It gave me a good place to hide the computer and some wiring.

Gobuffalo 10-28-2017 03:04 PM

:confused::confused::confused:Sorry about the pictures. Every time I rotate them, the web site rotates them back. Maybe one of you more computer savvy folks can give me some tips on this and how to post multiple pictures. ;););)

BGarza13x 10-30-2017 11:18 AM

How much Lizardskin did it take, how many gallons of each? Is it worth it? I was considering doing this instead of Dynamat for my build. I want to make it as comfortable as possible for my family and the hype around Lizardskin says it does just that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobuffalo (Post 7959377)
In the last month I've installed new glass, sprayed Lizardskin sound and heat insulation on the roof, firewall and floor.

Gobuffalo 02-12-2018 01:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got some more done.
Gave it a face. It is so nice to use up all of those boxes of powder coated parts and new bolts. I like the way the billet grill looks but don’t like how hard the hood is to open. I know they sell a cable operated system but the replacement latch is made of real thin material compared to my original. Also, anybody ever deal with one of these front bumpers with the fog lights. The diagonal brackets hit the lights. I can’t seem to make them fit without surgery. Don’t want to powder coat them again.
Now all I have is 4000 feet of wire to deal with.
Anyone ever try to drill a hole from the wire run channel, down the B or C pillar to run wires for power windows or speakers.

Gobuffalo 02-12-2018 01:17 AM

Forgot to tell you about the Lisard Skin.
The floor, firewall and roof took 2 gallons of sound deadener and 2 gallons of anti heat ove that. I need 1 more gallon of each to finish the inside walls of the cargo area. I figure I will just put headliner on the wooden floor.

Gobuffalo 11-14-2018 03:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a notice the other day about my subscription expiring so I thought I should write about my Burb (reupped my subscription too).
Well first the bad news. My job at Bauder’s Hot Rods ended as Bob the owner died. It was very sudden, shocked everybody. (Cancer Sucks!!!). I miss him more than I thought I would. He was a good friend.
Now better news. The Suburban has more done to it and even burned a tank of fuel. Been working out little problems, leaks etc.
Had to move the rear end back 1 1/2” to center it in the wheel opening. ORD makes a nice kit. That means you get to make a new drive line. While you’re at it, why not fix the leaks the transfer case sprung.
How about you put new braided stainless hoses on the hydro boost because the ones you got from the junk yard leak.
Don’t forget about your new Dakota Didital dash. Now that you have finished the new wiring, you need to run a separate ground to the fuel sender. (In a Suburban all of the wiring runs up the A pillar, across the side of the roof and down the D pillar).
Put new 37’s on it. Now I’m glad I changed the radius of the wheel wells.
Don’t mind the rear sag, it’s got a full load in the back. It sits a little higher.

Bigdav160 11-14-2018 09:33 AM

Sure is purdy!

rsavage 11-14-2018 08:14 PM

Love it and the build.

Average Joe 11-17-2018 06:00 PM

Beautiful Burb! Well done sir.

pwdcougar 11-19-2018 10:13 PM

Looks Great!

Paul

HO455 11-24-2018 12:49 PM

Very sweet! Nice quality work. I like the color alot!

mcmlxix 02-08-2019 08:51 AM

Just found this .. love the build.

Burb 02-08-2019 01:18 PM

very nice

LockDoc 02-08-2019 10:55 PM

-
He hasn't been on the board since his last post above. I hope everything is OK in his world....

LockDoc

rowdy11 06-24-2019 10:32 AM

Saw your comment on another post. Fantastic job! Way to stay with it through so much adversity.