The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ISO Transporter Recommendations or Enclosed Trailer to Rent (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655289)

Nohassle5 01-05-2015 01:47 PM

ISO Transporter Recommendations or Enclosed Trailer to Rent

Looking for recommendations for a transport company to pickup my 70' C10 in South Texas, and deliver it to the Nashville, TN area. I'm seeking first hand recommendations as I've spent quite a bit of money on this build and want it to be handled with great care in an enclosed carrier.

The other option is if someone has an enclosed trailer they need moved or want to rent, let me know. I've got a hauler to pull a tag along styled trailer.

I'm in the Nashville, TN area but could pickup along the route within reason.

Thanks in advance guys.

kcsa75 01-05-2015 02:21 PM

Re: ISO Transporter Recommendations or Enclosed Trailer to Rent

I've never hired an auto hauler, but I would think ultimately it's the driver that makes the difference. I've used a few moving companies and that is the case there. Having said that, I would contract with one of the majors -- Reliable Carriers, Horseless Carriage, AutoBahn, etc. before I contact with someone off Craigslist or an online broker.
You're not going that far, so the price should be reasonable, especially if you're not in a hurry.

Good Luck!

Nohassle5 01-05-2015 04:23 PM

Re: ISO Transporter Recommendations or Enclosed Trailer to Rent

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsa75 (Post 6986581)
I've never hired an auto hauler, but I would think ultimately it's the driver that makes the difference. I've used a few moving companies and that is the case there. Having said that, I would contract with one of the majors -- Reliable Carriers, Horseless Carriage, AutoBahn, etc. before I contact with someone off Craigslist or an online broker.
You're not going that far, so the price should be reasonable, especially if you're not in a hurry.

Good Luck!

Thanks Willie. I've received countless quotes with varying degrees of pricing ($575-$1900). I'm still not sold on any of them. I've shipped vehicles a few times, but always on an open carrier and always of a "Used" nature. This is a nervous undertaking since this truck will only have a few test miles and brand new and rather expensive paint.
I'd like to be able to help someone and myself out on this by possibly moving a trailer for them. Or maybe one of the fine folks on this forum might have some direct connection to a great transport company. Fingers crossed that someone pipes in....Thanks again.