The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ECE or CPP or LMC?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=532661)

McKenna 07-06-2012 09:56 PM

ECE or CPP or LMC??

Hey fellas, I have searched for quite some time about which kit is the best. long story short i have some money i have set aside and a baby due in a month, this is probably going to be the last bit of cash i can throw at my toy for a few years but hey the wife said it was okay so atleast I wont be in the dog house over it

all in all i want to achieve a good drop (5-5) or 5-6 or so depending if i have to notch or not as well as a disk brake swap

the truck is a 1970, 1/2 ton 2wd step side. its in need of some control arms shafts and the buckets they sit in too so i want to do it all at once and hopefully they will outlast the truck

ive looked at the ECE kits
brakes are 899
drop kit is 759 or vise versa

overall your looking at around 1660.00 and that doesnt get me joints or tie rods

CPPs grand slam kit has everything that the ECE kit has minus the trac bar and the shock relocators, but also has 4 ball joints and 4 tie rods, the 2 things it doesnt have are only around 140$ to buy, but the CPP kit is 1300$, 360$ cheaper the ECE

From what ive found LMC offers 11" rotors instead of 12" and theyre stuff didnt seem as nice as that of CPP or ECE

overall are the KYB shocks that much better then those of CPP?? as well it seems that ECE uses stock OEM 63-70 Joints and tie rods and that CPP makes you replace your stock stuff with their conversion stuff, which would mean down time anytime you broke somthing while you waited for stuff from CPP

guys please feel free to correct me on any of this if i am wrong, this is just somthing ive thrown together in hopes of being steered in the right direction on this. I want somthing i can enjoy on the weekends, i dont expect to out brake a porshe but just want better stopping power then that of the drums i currently have, and the awesome stance these trucks have when they are lowered.

please feel free to leave comments about your current kit or any issues you guys have had with them i want to know as much as i can befor i order one.

also if theres any other recomended companys who make kits that are along these lines that i am missing ( i did look into POL and found there stuff to be really pricy)

jgmc 07-06-2012 10:07 PM

Re: ECE or CPP or LMC??

I would have to say go with the ECE stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

screaminchevypickup 07-06-2012 10:14 PM

Cpp!!
Posted via Mobile Device

70cst 07-06-2012 10:43 PM

My vote is ECE but In would guess both are good Vendors

68Stepbed 07-06-2012 10:45 PM

ECE all the way! They have higher quality components and the best customer service. I've dealt with CPP and it was a sour deal. Many here have said the same.

McKenna 07-06-2012 10:49 PM

so customer service wise you would say ECE, i cant see either being helpful to me in canada.

i should look into the shipping for both companys

has anyone had any experience with cpps control arms??

big_al_71 07-07-2012 08:27 AM

ECE is what i went with originally....

jmedero 07-07-2012 08:40 AM

I've used Cpp stuff and am very happy with it. As far as pricing and shipping I'd check with Justin at Scott's hot rods, he's a vendor on here. He was able to get me a killer price. Quality I would say is going to be good with either kit.
Juan
Posted via Mobile Device

leddzepp 07-07-2012 10:21 AM

CPP's parts are second to none in quality. People seem to have problems when dealing with them directly (I never have), so try to find a vendor that carries their stuff. I believe Scott's Hotrods carries their products.

cst350 07-07-2012 11:00 AM

For me ECE hands down. You might think customer service wont matter being far away, but I think that it would be even more important. These guys are easy to reach by phone and everyone knows our trucks and there products.

Once I got a trim piece and the box was dented. Sure enough the trim was bent too. After a phone call, I had the new piece the very next day! Sure I'm in the same state, but some places take 3 days just to "process" the order/return!

ECE

thelonerife 07-07-2012 11:02 AM

Ece!

Lee H 07-07-2012 11:08 AM

I use CCP products, the quality is great. What little customer support I've needed was not real good.

N2TRUX 07-07-2012 11:08 AM

I think you will find that most people prefer ECE due to quality product and customer service. CPP has awesome products, but service can be hit or miss. LMC has none of the above.

Check our Suspension and Vendor marketplace before you buy. Those guys work hard to earn your business and support our forum.

1970 CST Short Wide 07-07-2012 11:46 AM

I've used them both and both have great parts. For my suspension I went with ECC and have NO regrets Plus there customer service is A1. They took the time to talk to me on the phone to be sure I got just what I was looking for. I bought there 4/6 lowering kit along with the new solid trialing arms.

Scottshotrods 07-07-2012 03:23 PM

If anybody is looking for CPP parts for there trucks we have them and we have great package deals on there product line.You will get there quality parts thru us and you will deal with us on the phone.We will make sure you get the parts asap.

Justin
Posted via Mobile Device

70cst 07-07-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottshotrods (Post 5473564)
If anybody is looking for CPP parts for there trucks we have them and we have great package deals on there product line.You will get there quality parts thru us and you will deal with us on the phone.We will make sure you get the parts asap.

Justin
Posted via Mobile Device

There you go. :metal:

Already Gone 07-07-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKenna (Post 5472667)
so customer service wise you would say ECE, i cant see either being helpful to me in canada.

i should look into the shipping for both companys

has anyone had any experience with cpps control arms??

I would go with ECE because of customer service ( even to me in Canada) I've nver heard a complaint about them on these boards and can't say that bout CPP. I was installing ECE's hidden hitch ( by myself) a few years ago and wasn't sure which frame holes to use so I called them from my garage and Stan (and I believe he is partner in the business) asked me to wait and went out and looked at a truck they had there and then told me the right holes to use, now that is service.

68Stepbed 07-07-2012 11:02 PM

Something else to remember, ECE primarily sells parts for 60-72 trucks, so they're basically experts in that particular chassis and suspension setup. CPP make alot of parts for alot of different chassis and suspensions.

CPP does make some nice stuff, but I personally, will be a long time ECE customer and supporter based on previous experience.

fastwillie 696969 07-08-2012 12:21 AM

opp on the cpp ,hey ho ,hands up in da air ,opp on the cpp.hey ho hey ho

5150.4.67 07-08-2012 01:23 AM

I've had good luck with quality parts from cpp and ece. The guys at ece are just fantastic people to deal with.

mcampbell 07-08-2012 09:09 AM

I used ECE for a 72 Blazer 4/6 drop a few years ago and it worked out great and rides fantastic. Last fall I installed a 3/5 drop on a 70 pickup. I found a 71 front suspension to get discs and 5 lug. Stan told me how to run brake lines to match the discs and even which fittings I would need to use.
When the trucks came apart both times the a arms would not go full travel and all the other steering and front end components were worn. i used the ECE front rebuild kits andat the time did a little research they were the most complete. Other folks had front rebuilt kits but no a-arm dog bones etc.

Hubscrub 07-08-2012 10:11 AM

ECE, great products:metal:

Daddy Brim 07-08-2012 10:57 AM

I have not done business with CPP or LMC, but ECE is close by were I work. I have gone to there place several times to get stuff, and customer service is friendly and excellent and they have answers for all of my questions.

CC69Rat 07-08-2012 12:25 PM

Dont rule out McGaughys parts .. I did a TON iof research before buying my kit and I am very impressed with the quality. It was also a bit cheaper than ECE and I upgraded to Big Brakes, front and rear. Dollar for Dollar, McGaughys is a contender too.

lolife99 07-08-2012 12:45 PM

ECE is also one of the only suspension companies that sells a 6" rear drop spring.
Their rear shock relocators and Super Track Bar are hard to beat.