The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   i need some help selecting shocks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=472049)

(joey) 06-28-2011 08:52 PM

i need some help selecting shocks

hey guys.i tried the search but had no luck.im finishing my airbag setup on my build and im at the point where i need shocks.since im building my own mounting brackets i could use just about anything you suggest.im using a DeNominator-II 2500 and 2600 setup.what i would really like to use is a common stock shock that will work and i could easily order from a local parts store.reason being since i live in the great white north Canada, they think its a great idea to charge an arm and a leg to get it across the border from the U.S.thanks for any help fellas

SCOTI 06-29-2011 04:55 PM

Re: i need some help selecting shocks

Quote:

Originally Posted by (joey) (Post 4761293)
hey guys.i tried the search but had no luck.im finishing my airbag setup on my build and im at the point where i need shocks.since im building my own mounting brackets i could use just about anything you suggest.im using a DeNominator-II 2500 and 2600 setup.what i would really like to use is a common stock shock that will work and i could easily order from a local parts store.reason being since i live in the great white north Canada, they think its a great idea to charge an arm and a leg to get it across the border from the U.S.thanks for any help fellas

You're building your own shock mounts? Use OE replacement shocks of your choice. KYB GR-2's, Bilsteins, Monroe Select-a-Tracs.

craig@ridetech.com 06-29-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 4762895)
You're building your own shock mounts? Use OE replacement shocks of your choice. KYB GR-2's, Bilsteins, Monroe Select-a-Tracs.

I second that. They are great all around daily driver shocks and easy to get if you need a replacement.

(joey) 06-29-2011 06:01 PM

ok thanks guys.so where im using the 01 sierra frame just go with a decent set of shocks for that year sierra?i was just worried they didnt have enough travel for using bags

SCOTI 06-29-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (joey) (Post 4763017)
ok thanks guys.so where im using the 01 sierra frame just go with a decent set of shocks for that year sierra?i was just worried they didnt have enough travel for using bags

That's what I would do. When I did the shock mounts for my 64, I used replacement shocks for the front & built the mounts to accomodate the range of compression/extension necessary for the bags (as measured from ride height).

I did use a different rear shock but only because @ the time I built everything, they did not offer a direct C10 replacement.